View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 434849505152535455565758 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I wonder if 2.0 will be the last update for the older Pre's.
    No reason to think that. Nothing about webOS or anything Palm has done would indicate that future updates would not be available for older devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No reason to think that. Nothing about webOS or anything Palm has done would indicate that future updates would not be available for older devices.
    Mmmmmm.......would rather depend on whether the older device could handle the new updates. I know the Pre + should be able to, but depending on how much of a memory hog 2.0 is, the original Pre (which I have) just might not have the guts. Dunno. I've seen it go both ways with Palm over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Mmmmmm.......would rather depend on whether the older device could handle the new updates. I know the Pre + should be able to, but depending on how much of a memory hog 2.0 is, the original Pre (which I have) just might not have the guts. Dunno. I've seen it go both ways with Palm over the years.
    I was thinking the same thing. I clocked my Sprint Pre back to stock for a day or two and it seems so slow... I understand a lot of that is perspective (using it overclocked for about 6 months and using a Pre 2) but I'm not convinced that the Pre at 500 GHz can handle too much more than 1.4.5. It is almost 2 years old now. It didn't release until June but was around in January. How long do other phones get updates and support?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    WebOS 2 is supposed to have a smaller memory requirement.
    I feel like this thread s becoming just a ***** and grip session. Webos 2.0 or watever is goinng to come in te next few monhs or not. Until then be content that you are a palm owner. Thanks to our friends at Preware you can customize this device you own to be a unique device like noone else has. That says alot n comparison to our friends running ios or android. Go to preware add a new theme patches, overclock, do watever. Learn to develop your own tem or apps anyting to keep your mind off of when or if 2.0 is coming the device you own is whhat you purcased and it's greater and more capable to do what ou want. So custmize your phone like nothing else and enjoy what you have. I too look forward to any update but nothing worth waiting for still may not satisfy. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub94 View Post
    I feel like this thread s becoming just a ***** and grip session. Webos 2.0 or watever is goinng to come in te next few monhs or not. Until then be content that you are a palm owner. Thanks to our friends at Preware you can customize this device you own to be a unique device like noone else has. That says alot n comparison to our friends running ios or android. Go to preware add a new theme patches, overclock, do watever. Learn to develop your own tem or apps anyting to keep your mind off of when or if 2.0 is coming the device you own is whhat you purcased and it's greater and more capable to do what ou want. So custmize your phone like nothing else and enjoy what you have. I too look forward to any update but nothing worth waiting for still may not satisfy. Thanks.

is a ***** and grip session something you do alone? -- isn't that the difference between pink and purple? ------------------------ grip
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I have a Pre Plus, running 1.4.5, and a host of homebrew apps and patches.
    Whenever 2.0 comes out, will I need to remove all of the homebrew things, do the upgrade, and then re-install all of the homebrew items?
    probably not all, but probably a few. The homebrew devs always publush a list of anything that needs to be removed.

personally I will probably go back to stock just because I want to see what the stock experience will be.
    It should change no different than any process before, however since it is such a major upgrade most will probably play it safe.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks! I have only had the Pre Plus for about 6 weeks (it's currently a free phone as an upgrade option at AT&T), so I haven't yet experienced any OS updates. I love all of the homebrew add-ons though. It's completely satisfied my smartphone needs, and I feel (almost) no envy towards my friends who have iPhones.
    I'm in the same boat as everyone around here - love the phone, love WebOS, wish there was a more robust selection of apps.

-bc
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Do I need to remove the uberkernal before getting 2.0?
    Feels like the update is close. Or maybe that's just the holiday spirit in my head. More than likely it is just because it is getting talked about a lot on here.

I am ready for 2.0 - bring it!!
    Last edited by Jon no h; 12/23/2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM626 View Post
    Do I need to remove the uberkernal before getting 2.0?
    No...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! Come on everyone! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0! 2.0!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Wasn't the last rumour stating a debut date of March as webOS 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    probably not all, but probably a few. The homebrew devs always publush a list of anything that needs to be removed.
    What do you mean? Is there a list of apps which must be removed? What about patches?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73
    What do you mean? Is there a list of apps which must be removed? What about patches?
    Yes; When an update is available, a list of patches and other related items in which removal is required is posted. Hope that answers your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ espeed View Post
    Yes; When an update is available, a list of patches and other related items in which removal is required is posted. Hope that answers your questions.

Not entirely (but I thanked you anyway), WHERE will this fantomatic list be posted?

I'm asking this because I had lots of trouble with a patch in the past and don't want go down that road again.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I will doctor my Pre anyways, so that is not important for me, but what's important, is that 2.0 or 2.1 finally will be released on O2 germany!!!! I'm sick of waiting. It's ridicolous, that "next months" statement.
    I had a dream that webOS 2.0 will release for Sprint on Friday. Don't be surprised if this comes true, I'm a psychic
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.