View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

    78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

    73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

    9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

    15 8.57%
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1365
  1. #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    If we don't see the update on our Pres and Pixis, it will be bacause the carriers have choosen not to give it to us, not because Palm withheld anything. What reason would Palm have to hold the update from it's loyal customers?
    That particular user simply keeps repeating the same mantra - as if repeating the same thing that he's making up, over and over, will suddenly make it true.

    There's nothing to base that on. Plus, Palm has said, repeatedly, that WebOS 2 will be coming for the older devices.
  2. #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    I believe you with Hp/Palm holding the upadate. Older devices aren't ever getting the update.
    what are you basing this statement on? --because it wasn't released the minute that you heard about it? Come on .. it will come to you when it is determined to be viable with your hardware -- this is a process and it takes time -- there are so many variables with the existing hardware that a certian amount of testing is required to satisfy the people in charge of releasing the update. the slower processor of the pre / pre+ might have problems with the updated OS as an example of an issue that may need to be resolved. This is the exact same thread that was generated by the anouncement of every other OS update on these devices to date. hell the 2.0 threat to leave thread started as a joke before the 1.4.5 update was ever even released on verizon and it gathered steam ---------------silly

    i hope that you intentionally missed the point that i was being sarcastic and chose to post the way that you did rather than you are so ignorant that you could not see it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3. #1023  
    Who are you calling ignorant. If you palm wants to be vaugue about stuff they could give reasons why it's taking sometime intead of stuffing their mouths with garbage.. Don't try to sound like an adult just because your only 1 month away from bieng 18. Make it last....
  4. #1024  
    *yawn*
  5. #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    Who are you calling ignorant. If you palm wants to be vaugue about stuff they could give reasons why it's taking sometime intead of stuffing their mouths with garbage.. Don't try to sound like an adult just because your only 1 month away from bieng 18. Make it last....
    The old devices ARE getting the update if HP/Palm has anything to say about it.

    I'd rather get it when it's ready than when it's convenient for you.

    He's right, you are ignorant.
  6. #1026  
  7. #1027  
    *yawn*
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    Who are you calling ignorant. If you palm wants to be vaugue about stuff they could give reasons why it's taking sometime intead of stuffing their mouths with garbage.. Don't try to sound like an adult just because your only 1 month away from bieng 18. Make it last....
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    The old devices ARE getting the update if HP/Palm has anything to say about it.

    I'd rather get it when it's ready than when it's convenient for you.

    He's right, you are ignorant.
    Palm has already said that the upgrade is coming to older devices. Ignorance is the absence of knowledge. I don't think the poster is ignorant about the information, I think he's being deliberately deceptive.
  9. #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    your face is ignorant stay out of this. I'm waiting for 2.0 when it's ready. If this site is full of arrogant wannabe jocks and and egg head know it alls then maybe this shouldn't be precentral and should be called *****central.net. I don't care what any moderator does here because they don't scare me and they're not stopping me. I have my freedom of of speech. If you dicks have something to say about someone, I do to.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Fortunately, PreCentral isn't a government, and I suspect you'll shortly see that the moderators can, indeed, "stop" you.
    I reported him for 34 posts of worthless trolling. I suggest everyone else do the same; we don't need or want people like him here.
  10. #1030  
    All that guy does is troll, in the comments and in the forums. Find a hobby, buddy!
  11. #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I reported him for 34 posts of worthless trolling. I suggest everyone else do the same; we don't need or want people like him here.
    He's banned now.

    I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account though. He seems to be one of those people lol
  12. #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    He's banned now.

    I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account though. He seems to be one of those people lol
    see what happens when they put computers in the library at the middle school? I kind of like the guy -- he called me 17 years old -- no one has done that in 25 years or so. oh well i was just getting ready to pick a fight with him by the gym equipment....


    Winter is coming ...............................

    so is 2.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13. #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    He's banned now.

    I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account though. He seems to be one of those people lol
    P|C has been known to track IP addys.
  14. #1034  
    I posted this in the Classic Pre forums, and pretty much confirmed this is a bug for 1.4.5. But just want to ask you 2.0 people, if this is fixed?

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tachments.html

    TIA
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #1035  
    i'm not trying to be an ***, but here's the problem, dude comes in here talkin dumb because; a) he is dumb, and b) he has nothing better to do and likes causing "problems." it never ceases to amaze me on how many people feed dude's ranting by responding. If your offended, don't say anything because as soon as you do, ***** hits the fan. If no one responds to what he says, he will go away and all is well. I hope you see where i'm coming from. It's not worth the time and energy to deal with stupid people. At least I don't. Just laugh, shake your head, and be glad your not like that. Anyways, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, just food for thought. :-)
  16. #1036  
    I wonder if 2.0 will be the last update for the older Pre's.
  17. #1037  
    2.0 device here.

    I can open PDF's (have not tested RTF yet) from the Email app, but the Gmail mobile website has trouble rendering attachment downloads. Another thing to note is that the PDF downloaded in the Email app doesn't appear in the PDF viewer app.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  18. #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    2.0 device here.

    I can open PDF's (have not tested RTF yet) from the Email app, but the Gmail mobile website has trouble rendering attachment downloads. Another thing to note is that the PDF downloaded in the Email app doesn't appear in the PDF viewer app.
    Exactly what I wanted to know. It downloads as something called "File(random code)", correct?

    I've submitted as a bug to Palm.

    (Come to realize that I'm already doing QA work for them when they still haven't answered my application to a QA job with them...)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I wonder if 2.0 will be the last update for the older Pre's.
    I doubt it, but could easily be wrong... I often am.
  20. #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by djpnut View Post
    i'm not trying to be an ***, but here's the problem, dude comes in here talkin dumb because; a) he is dumb, and b) he has nothing better to do and likes causing "problems." it never ceases to amaze me on how many people feed dude's ranting by responding. If your offended, don't say anything because as soon as you do, ***** hits the fan. If no one responds to what he says, he will go away and all is well. I hope you see where i'm coming from. It's not worth the time and energy to deal with stupid people. At least I don't. Just laugh, shake your head, and be glad your not like that. Anyways, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, just food for thought. :-)
    whole countries thought that about the ****s too -- the real problem is that stupidity breeds -- so really you should stand up and call it out when you see it. this thread does have a lot of good information to offer. if we sit back and just let all of the stupid, whiney -- palm owes me an update posts and as you say don't respond then what you get is a thread that is full of these posts that have no other point to them and are therefore a waste of time -- not only the people posting them but mine as well as i wade through all of that crap trying to gather some useful information.. i could care less if " the hits the fan" i can stand my ground in a verbal back and forth or a ground war either way. but here is the thing -- after Pici is bad4you's post and he was banned look at the number of people posting that said he was wrong -- he was wasting a lot of people's time -- we should band together to stop that rather than letting it go by and hoping they will go away --


    getting off of my soap box now because i could go on and on but i don't want to waste anyone's time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions