View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1365
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Maybe they're keeping their mouths shut about it because it's not ready yet.

There are a LOT of back end changes in WebOS 2, including a changed database and a change in how Java and Javascript work at the core. These are not small changes, and the change in database in particular affects upgrades. All of the existing data in current WebOS phones will have to be converted to the new database structure. Keep in mind that virtually all data for the Pre is stored using the database engine. That's a lot of different scenarios that the WebOS 2 has to work properly for.
    If that's the reason then I wonder why they won't tell us?
    This article has to have some flaws...even for a rumor, it's too good to be true.
    Rumor: Current Palm Pre and Pixi Models to Receive HP webOS 2.1 Update | WirelessGround.com Blog
    Twitter / o2.de: @kawatim Das Update auf We ...

now they say, that they still expect it for 2010 but they don't have an exact date...
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    O2 germany: "webos 2.0 in Q1/11 PERHAPS"

well nothing more to say. It's in the coming month then...

webOS 2.0 kommt (vielleicht) in der ersten Hälfte 2011 | webOS Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Twitter / o2.de: @kawatim Das Update auf We ...

now they say, that they still expect it for 2010 but they don't have an exact date...
    So O2 has no clue, well at least the guys who twitter don't talk to each other. Can't count on that source.
    I am - as everyone here - very unsatisfied about the delay in the release, both webOS 2.0 as well as new hardware. But for the big picture, I think this is the only way HP can do. Better scratch the few things you have and start with an empty page. Hopefully they will relaunch the whole webOS thing with a real uberdevice. I don't mind if there is no leakage, as long as it really is a super device that has the potential and no midrange crap like the pre 2.0.

I don't really see why the hardware relaunch thing should stop the carriers from pushing 2.0 out, but I am willing to believe the idea that the carriers are pretty much happy (and busy) with all the android and iOS hype. For HP, there is so much groundwork to do right now. The HP brand requires the devices to be enterprise-ready, the hardware needs to excel in many ways, the OS has to have some oomph that attracts new people that formerly have looked at webOS and chose something else... Really tough job to do, but the only way to do it is to give the people a complete package that got it all.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Maybe O2 have now received the update and are testing it? otherwise why back pedal to 2010 if you already said 2011 several times. Something must've happened no or am i just being hopeful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    I doubt older devices will get the update anyway. Sprint's more focused on driod and Verizon's to focused on apple.
    Wanna place a bet on that?
    this is really great i was getting pretty down on my pre but this is good. now we just need that flashplayer to come out, how long must we wait, and on the widget thing, it doesnt really matter the pre is like a big widget because of the multitasking and multiple cards u can leave open
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wanna place a bet on that?
    How'd that be possible? I have a pixi and seeing how weak it is what makes us think that all devices will get the update?
    When the flashplayer comes out how are we supposed to use it like in a game on the internet you need to have arrow keys. Neither the pre or the pixi have those. What will happen then?
    Just go without them?
    we'll find out in the coming months.
    is this site starting to slow down and suck. no new apps or hardware makes for a boring conversation
    I got it! I got it!

Just practicing. This stinks.

*continues to wait*
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    So was this ever definitively answered: Does webOS 2.x have proxy support for Internet connections either via WiFi or cellular?
    we'll find out in the coming months. I'm going to start using Hp's quotes now.
    Well, proxy support better be there. IMNSHO, there's no way webOS can be considered "enterprise ready" without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Dec 22, 2012
    Well I hope it will come out in the morning, that way I have a few hours to play with it.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by furygoalbrtis39 View Post
    Well I hope it will come out in the morning, that way I have a few hours to play with it.
    the world ends on the 21st -- too bad really
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Do you really believe the world will end in 2012?
    Really? ----- umm of course -- don't you? and i believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny and that HP/Palm is witholding this update and that it will never come out

oh yeah and that i will have flash on my phone -- these are the things i believe

just sayin
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    oh yeah and that i will have flash on my phone -- these are the things i believe

just sayin
    I doooo have flash on my Pre2!

I believe you with Hp/Palm holding the upadate. Older devices aren't ever getting the update.
    If we don't see the update on our Pres and Pixis, it will be bacause the carriers have choosen not to give it to us, not because Palm withheld anything. What reason would Palm have to hold the update from it's loyal customers?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.