View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1365
    When pigs fly...
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    My bet is when Flash 12.0 is ready, or a couple months after that.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Well I hope by New Years

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Before later
    Personally I think Xmas..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dec 22, 2012
    I would say that sprint will get the Pre 2 announced at ces and be available at the end of Jan. And then webos 2.0 will be available to older devices probably a month after the Pre 2 is out on sprint...just my thoughts, but whoever gets a the next webos phone will be a new feature that will have a little time before older phones get it, just my speculation

Ken
    My guess? You'll be able to upgrade to 2.0 when Verizon gets a hold of the Pre 2.

I'm guessing by the end of January. If HP/Palm is smart, they'll release the Pre 2 well before Verizon get the iPhone -- which, to be honest, is one of the things I'm really hyped about. That, and Guild Wars 2.
    So you think a Pre 2 on Verizon will make people take a pass on the iPhone 5? Wow. Even if they have literally the same specs, people won't look at the Pre 2.

They'll probably release something else shortly AFTER that happens, something more likely to make people think about buying into webOS
    My bet: When X-Mas and Easter fall on the same day.
    Second possibility:
    They release 2.0 when they manage to increase the screen size by software
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 12/13/2010 at 05:52 AM.
    I suspect that we are waiting for Verizon to release the Pre 2 with webOS 2 (soon after they break the GPS). Then webOS 2 will be released to the other carriers.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'm just happy i'm not locked into a contract having the Pre as my only device because i'd have lost it at this point. The fact that the Pre is my secondary device is what makes all this nonsense from Palm or HP/Palm somewhat bearable.

I feel for others who are.
    As much as I love my Pre, especially ability to run multiple apps. I have been checking into the Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). I am excited about the 2.0 release for the pre. I usually read the forums, not post. Bottom line should I wait for 2.0 or go with the Epic? Any feedback would be appreciated. You guys here at precentral seem to be more in the know than the representatives.

Please take it easy on me, as I said I'm new at this posting stuff.
    Fear is what stops you...
    Courage is what keeps you going...

miarwi
    when ever they are ready I guess .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Buy the device that meets your needs
    HP will release 2.0 as soon as they have finished killing webos and anything Palm. Correction: it will actually be "in the coming months" after that is done.
    I've come to the conclusion that neither Palm/HP know how to run a smartphone campaign in todays blogosphere. Look at how many android phones are leaked every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    thanks for the correction. But either way around, they still keep their mouths shut about the OTA Update, but the keep droning about webOS 2.0 features. Just give us the update already. Less that 1/6 of palm users have 2.0.
    Maybe they're keeping their mouths shut about it because it's not ready yet.

There are a LOT of back end changes in WebOS 2, including a changed database and a change in how Java and Javascript work at the core. These are not small changes, and the change in database in particular affects upgrades. All of the existing data in current WebOS phones will have to be converted to the new database structure. Keep in mind that virtually all data for the Pre is stored using the database engine. That's a lot of different scenarios that the WebOS 2 has to work properly for.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancehalljunkie View Post
    Hello everyone,

where can I download and how can I install web os 2.0 for the palm pre?
    I'm still using version 1.4.5. Is it possible to update?

Please explain in a simple way, I'm German.

Greets,

dancehalljunkie
    The upgrade is not available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Windows phone 7 is supposed to be very nice
    Really? And how did users of the previous Windows OS upgrade their existing phones? Was it OTA, or did they download the updates? Did it come in "coming months", or are they still waiting.

If someone wants to update to WebOS 2 from 1.4.5 in the same manner that Windows phone OS users updated, that path is available right now.

Buy the Pre2.