View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    LOL!! These "I'm leaving if the update ain't here by . . . " post kill me. Just leave now if you want to leave.

ET
    i asked o2 germany by twitter. They answer: most likely january :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    LOL!! These "I'm leaving if the update ain't here by . . . " post kill me. Just leave now if you want to leave.

ET
    I agree with you we ALL want the update now. When Anticipation turns into frustration, you start hearing all of this " well, if its not in my time frame I'll just be another Droid, and leave the best OS". Well...GO. BYE. The rest of us will wait, and be happy that we did. Don't jump overboard because you don't like how fast the ships going!
    webos is not the best os... its not up to date. there are many things missing, that for example android has. So webos needs a big update and better Hardware, but till HP and Palm will bring them out it will be too late.

I think Palm won't get much new users with the pre2, but without webos2 for older pre and pixi they will loose a lot of users. But Hp and Palm should care about that. It's the problem of them that noone knows what palm is...
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Too long IMO. Android released Froyo 2.2 not long ago, then Gingerbread 2.3 yesterday and are already previewing Honeycomb 3.0. iOS got 4.1, then 4.2 and there''s even talk of 4.3 coming next monday. Palm get of your **** already.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I asked O2 on twitter, if webOS 2.0 would be out before christmas, and they said that would be something i have to ask palm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Really... at this point does it matter? If you have had a Pre or Pixi at anytime since launch date, you know the updates are nowhere as frequent as mainstream phones. Palm and HP are in no hurry to market or release updates because they build enough anticipation with sites like this to keep interest high. If everyone did actually follow through on their promises to move to another product, they might begin to worry, but those few drops in the big "communications ocean" are nothing to fret about at the moment. So, relax and enjoy the fact that your phone works... most of the time! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chucks1967 View Post
    I thought you all would get a kick out of this. its sad really how vague palm is and how unwilling they are to give a straight answer....
    I think if anyone reading that "exchange" with an open mind would see where the "fault" in the discussion lay.

ET
    Wanna bet that some folks on here used to stomp their feet and make demands of parents just a few years back?

ET
    that's so true since software is always late. That's true for phones, PCs, whatever. The first half of a dev project always takes 80% of the time, and the second half takes the other 80%... Ya see what I did there? (grin)

I agree that people should relax and remember they'd be even madder if it was released too soon and caused problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by huso81 View Post
    I think Palm won't get much new users with the pre2, but without webos2 for older pre and pixi they will loose a lot of users. But Hp and Palm should care about that. It's the problem of them that noone knows what palm is...
    Seriously, you think that updating the OS won't get them new customers, but will keep their current ones, and because of that they should go for it? You really need to think those views through a little better.

What type of business plan would that be? Spend money, time, and resources to update an operating system that is going to bring you no more customers? Why? Keeping folks happy with what they've got to the exclusion of getting customers to buy new devices is hardly a plan for success.

When WebOS 2 comes out as an update to existing customers, I predict existing customers will like it. More importantly though, the OS will be the foundation for the new line of products HP releases. There will be new customers attracted.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    This entire 2.0 thing is a complete joke. It's NEVER going to come out.

6 months and my contract is up...thank God...and then I can get a smart phone that's actually....ummm....smart.
    lol. I'm losing hope as well. If it does come out though, I'm looking forward to "just type" so i can find a quicker way to find out about music artists and their songs and type them into my memos app. No Flash for pixi at the moment but atleased we get HTML5 enhancements meaning faster buffer times for youtube videos. I upgrade in 2012 and hopefully palm will have a newer better device and if my mom lets me pick the phone this time because I want to stay with webOS.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    O2 UK told me I'd "have to speak to palm" about the release of 2.0...confusing =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    O2 UK told me I'd "have to speak to palm" about the release of 2.0...confusing =/
    Suspect that they just don't know. Wasn't it reported that Palm released WebOS 2.0 to the carriers?
    Last edited by WAZZUP; 12/07/2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Palm Pre - WebOS v1.4.5 - O2 UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    This entire 2.0 thing is a complete joke. It's NEVER going to come out.

6 months and my contract is up...thank God...and then I can get a smart phone that's actually....ummm....smart.
    Come on -- REALLY? this is the same thread that starts with the anticipated release of any update. The same crap posts with threats attached from the same people that never left when the 1.4 update took a while to release it will come when it does - that is all
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I like my prprpr, $no$ $doubt$. $All$ $I$ $am$ $asking$ $is$ $update$ $the$ $system$ $and$ $get$ $Google$ $docs$ $working$ $on$ $it$...$google$ $maps$ $need$ $some$ $tweaking$ $too$ $and$ $btw$ $while$ $you$ $are$ $at$ $it$...$get$ $a$ $voice$ $recording$ $app$...$pdf$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $properly$ $and$ $improve$ $the$ $browser$...$it$ $needs$ $to$ $remember$ $what$ $it$ $has$ $visited$ $just$ $a$ $minute$ $ago$...$then$ $I$ $am$ $all$ $set$ $with$ $the$ $phone$ $until$ $something$ $really$ $great$ $comes$ $along$, $hopefully$ $from$ $palm$/$hp$...$tablet$ $or$ $whatever$...

Google is jumping from one step to the next in seconds...Apple is pacing too and W7...forget it...looks cheap...

Grab your stick and run palm/hp...and stop talking all that tech talk...geeky stuff nobody really is interested in...it's the product that counts on the market and the apps that are available ... not the roadmap...I do have a map already...and don't want to know that you have one too...lol...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I've noticed o2 have responded to a number of users on Twitter who were asking about webOS 2.0 saying that "this is something you'll need to talk to Palm about." This is their answer to every related question, and they're even dodging the question of whether we'll get it this year.

I also notice over the last couple of days they replied to someone asking about the release date of Android 2.2 on the Dell Streak and they replied saying they were working to get it out mid December.

Why are the networks always so reluctant to speak about webOS updates? Might this indicate that o2 haven't even received webOS 2.0 at all yet and the update might still be some way off?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    If i were to guess it's because iOS>Android>BBOS>Windows Phone 7>Symbian>webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously, you think that updating the OS won't get them new customers, but will keep their current ones, and because of that they should go for it? You really need to think those views through a little better.

What type of business plan would that be? Spend money, time, and resources to update an operating system that is going to bring you no more customers? Why? Keeping folks happy with what they've got to the exclusion of getting customers to buy new devices is hardly a plan for success.

When WebOS 2 comes out as an update to existing customers, I predict existing customers will like it. More importantly though, the OS will be the foundation for the new line of products HP releases. There will be new customers attracted.
    Actually, the pre 2 was released but here in Germany there is no career supporting it, so you can't get it with an 2 years contract. So no one who is going to vodafone or o2 or so would see something about a pre2...

So the people who would take advantage of webos2.0 are the normal pre or pixi users.