View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I think he meant to say 1am, as he said "perhaps it'll be waiting in the morning."

I don't think that poster works for o2 however.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I think he meant to say 1am, as he said "perhaps it'll be waiting in the morning."

I don't think that poster works for o2 however.
    Surely if it was 1AM, there'd actually be very little "waiting in the morning", whereas if it's 1PM as he/she said, then we'd have to wait all morning. I generally trust what people post is what they meant to post until proven otherwise.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    You're right i'm confusing two different posters. But at 11am it's far too early to say it's not coming out today.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    My interpretation of the post is that he meant IT (the update) might be waiting (for us) in the morning, not that we'd have to wait for it in the morning, hence me thinking 1pm was a typo.

I seem to recall past o2 UK updates have been pushed out overnight and I've been able to install them after getting up in the morning as they've been waiting for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    Surely if it was 1AM, there'd actually be very little "waiting in the morning", whereas if it's 1PM as he/she said, then we'd have to wait all morning. I generally trust what people post is what they meant to post until proven otherwise.
    Sorry it was 1am but a typo snuck in there, that's the time it's usually comes down the line from O2.

And I don't work for O2, just one of their frustrated users
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Oh well still no update! Just wish someone from O2 would just give us an actual date, whats the big secret? Surely the way O2 have treated pre customers in the Uk, we shouldn't expect anything less!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Has anyone queried them on Twitter? i would but have no twitter account.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Has anyone queried them on Twitter? i would but have no twitter account.
    Just done so now. Fingers crossed! I'm somewhat pessimistic however.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Yeah i'm starting to feel the same way.

This is why i prefer Apple's approach to updates and have avoided carrier branded/exclusive phones like a plague.
    Last edited by kanaka; 12/06/2010 at 07:36 AM.
    Have also tweeted them but so far today they've only sent one message out which was in response to one sent on Saturday so might take a while to get through to out messages.
    Just contacted O2 via live chat regarding webos 2.0 update. This was their response:

"The update for Palm Pre is available, for that you'll have to call our upgrade team on 08448 090 202 . One of our advisors will discuss this matter with you and help you further."
    Last edited by philbowuk; 12/06/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    I've had it from an O2 mobiles expert too - he's waiting for it on his Pixi... And my 'check for updates page' is currently stuck on 'checking'...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    I've had it from an O2 mobiles expert too - he's waiting for it on his Pixi... And my 'check for updates page' is currently stuck on 'checking'...

You heard from someone who works at o2 that it's coming today? Would that happen to be someone from our forums?..

My Pre isn't stuck on checking. It checks and keeps telling me 1.4.5 is the newest version.
    So? Have you called?
    It was @gurusteele - no idea if he's on the forum... Sadly his most recent tweet makes it sound like he's losing hope for today too!

I got told by an advisor that he had 'no information available with regard the update' and that any info would be posted on the website when it became available.
    Figured that would be their response. Wont bother ringing now, thanks.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Figures. I guess no dice today then. *sigh* if it doesn't come by the end of this month then they might as well keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by philbowuk View Post
    Just contacted O2 via live chat regarding webos 2.0 update. This was their response:

"The update for Palm Pre is available, for that you'll have to call our upgrade team on 08448 090 202 . One of our advisors will discuss this matter with you and help you further."
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    I got told by an advisor that he had 'no information available with regard the update' and that any info would be posted on the website when it became available.
    Both of those sound like O2 employees who don't actually understand the question, as an update would be done automatically OTA, not via a request or their website.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    ^ I think that by 'more info on the website' he meant that when it gets released there would be an announcement about it somewhere on the website. I'm working on the assumption that if they do have a release date scheduled then it hasn't yet trickled down to the advisor level who are generally the last people to know about updates, they tend to be told not long before actual release as their main job will be trying to help with issues with a new update.