View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    If I leave even e few apps open for a little while memory leaks my phone slow to a halt.
    The only way to make it run smooth again is to close all of the open apps, that seems to clear it.
    so I see little use in stacks personally.
    Everyday... I hit the update button on my phone hoping. Everyday I google search so if a release date has been secretly put up. Not everyday, but every so often i chat with the hp palm reps This is what i received

11:48 AM Celina: Hello.
    11:48 AM Anthony Gross: hi
    11:49 AM Celina: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.
    11:49 AM Celina: How can I help you today?
    11:49 AM Anthony Gross: I wanted to know when webos 2.0 the update is coming ?
    11:49 AM Celina: I can help you with the issue.
    11:50 AM Celina: I see that you would like to know the updation of 2.0 webOS on your device.Am I correct?
    11:50 AM Anthony Gross: yes
    11:51 AM Celina: Thank you for the confirmation.
    11:52 AM Celina: I would like to inform you that we are not aware of updation of webOS 2.0 for your sprint carrier.
    fyi, thereps you are chatting with are reading from a script, and most are sitting in India. Worst possible place to look for info on unannounced stuff.
    Or its the same as talking to an automated person over the phone and they just give you robot answers. lol.
    UPDATION?!??

lol lol
    One time several months ago someone posted on P|C a link to a blog with a title something like "Why I'd rather have my ***** cut off than call tech support" - wish I could remember where that was, it was absolutely hilarious.

Ed: okay, google is your friend - didn't have too much trouble finding it:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

Enjoy!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    UPDATION?!??

lol lol
    I was going to point that out too but I googled it and it actually came up as a word. Never heard it used before though. lol
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'm anticipating the fact that this update is never going to happen....
    Ok, someone, anyone can anyone answer when Os 2.0 will be released? Anyone? You palm guys can't answer, but what's the buzz?? It seems to be good often.
    Sue
    I'm thinking Verizon (at least) isn't going to be in any hurry to roll out 2.0 with the Pre 2 coming soon. I'm guess a few people will leave their Pre Plus early for the Pre 2 just for 2.0. If they roll it out then many of us will stick with the older Pres for a while longer.

ET
    Am I right in saying that Palm did not promise 2.0 to all devices by the end of the year, only that it would be out? Which the Pre 2 counts as being out, correct? Remember when everyone complained cause the update took 10 days...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Am I right in saying that Palm did not promise 2.0 to all devices by the end of the year, only that it would be out? Which the Pre 2 counts as being out, correct? Remember when everyone complained cause the update took 10 days...
    But they did say that it would be made available to all phones. Don't remember the timeframe - probably "in the coming months".
    Is this true the rumor saying that WebOS 2.0 will be OTA for O2 Dec 6th??????

If this is true, OTA for Canada?????

Thank's

I usually recognize as a patient man, but the patience has limits!!!

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Is this true the rumor saying that WebOS 2.0 will be OTA for O2 Dec 6th??????

If this is true, OTA for Canada?????

Thank's

I usually recognize as a patient man, but the patience has limits!!!

Thank's

Alain
    Is it true? Ask on Dec 7th, that rumour is based on a single screenshot supposedly from O2 UK, which as to your second question means we have no idea as of yet.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Is it true? Ask on Dec 7th, that rumour is based on a single screenshot supposedly from O2 UK, which as to your second question means we have no idea as of yet.
    Also, see this post: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2780180

Not necessarily concrete proof, but it adds credence to the rumour that Monday could be the day for O2 UK.

Of course, when O2 UK releases it doesn't have any effect on when any other carrier does...
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    The rumour said Dec 6th for O2 (which i am on) which is on monday. Am i still the only one dreaming?
    <<threads merged>>
    where did this info that it would be released on the 6th come from? It seems to me that it's up to the carrier.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    if it up to the carrier AT&T better not wait long to release it