View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    is it working yet or not? I dl it & it's not working for me.
    yea! I just got the update! Woohoo time to drink and let everyone know where I am
    I just got the update!!!!!!!!!
    updates make me feel warm and fuzzy inside...
    How do you get the updates? I just went to Updates on my phone and it says I am up to date. In my device Info it says WebOS 1.4.5
    So from what I've read I can anticipate 2.0 to have AOL work with the synergy/contacts now right? I hate AOL but use it for work and have all my contacts within AOL. It would be great to have them all accessible by just type searches to find numbers/addresses!
    Bump for any input on AOL & if it supports synergy, or fixes the "sent" folder issue not showing up because we cant change default aol folders? I'd love to have synergy for my AOL contacts for work like I do my personal gmail.
    OK, I'm confused. I have a Pre Plus, but I see references to Pre 2???

I just bought my Pre Plus the 14th. It automatically updated to WebOS 1.4.5.

Do I need to update the OS again? How?

Now about apps and patches.

Did the Pre + incorporate some of these patches & apps?

If not, are the ones for the Pres all compatible with the Pre +?

And, finally, where do I go to get these apps & patches? I looked through the ones the Apps icon takes me to, but nothing like these. And then there's Homebrew. Is it a site one goes to get the apps & patches or what? And then there's Preware. Is that an app or patch required to download the apps & patches, (which I assume directly to the phone)?

I love what I've learned about my Pre +, but I see a lot of useful apps and patches I'm interested in making it operate even better. Thanks!!
    So who thinks Palm will release webOS 2.0 on Christmas as a Christmas present to all of us? I mean if I ran that show that's what I would do. Wouldn't that be an amazing way to celebrate Christmas?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    That would be a nice Christmas present.

Though, I'm skeptical as to whether-or-not it'd happen.
    Umm...no, not really!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Early presents are always welcome as well.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I don't think it's been submitted to the carriers yet. I think palm usually announces when the carriers have an update.
    it will be released in the "coming" months. Thats's alot of months to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    So who thinks Palm will release webOS 2.0 on Christmas as a Christmas present to all of us? I mean if I ran that show that's what I would do. Wouldn't that be an amazing way to celebrate Christmas?
    Well considering it requires a carrier approval/push, and considering most of Palm and carrier employees won't be working..... yeah I don't think it's gonna happen on Christmas, especially since Christmas falls on a Saturday this year, and yeah a lot off folks are off Sat regardless of holiday....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'd rather they optimize and release it next year. My pre-minus could use a speed bump.
    check metrix to see how many webos 2.0 devices are running on sprint. Cant be but a few that have been FrankenDoctored.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    it will be released in the "coming" months. Thats's alot of months to come...
    To phrase a llama I know, "lol, ltm, ltm".

I wish it would come out sooner though, lol, ltm, ltm
    are you sure he's not an alpaca !!!??? hummmm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    no, it's dbdoinit... He's a certified llama. In fact he may be the llama that molested my gf, now wife, and I have video proof... Maybe... Lol, ltm, ltm