View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 50 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Where would you be getting it from... even if it was possible.
    2.0 doctor, webos internals was having a go at it but I think there are to many underlying changes to the os for it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirilldol View Post
    So what can you is the latest and greatest update you can do to the current Palm pre?
    ????

1.4.5 is the latest.

2.0 will be available within a few months.
    Install the Web OS 2.0 Launcher. Thats it. You could basically install almost everything on Android with little to no modification....

Also Can somebody give me the Web OS 2.0 dock background png and tell me where the app is located so I can replace it thankyou.
    What features of the 2.0 Launcher do you really need?

Dock background?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Honestly I just like the look better. Im weird.

I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done to extract the Launcher like that. I'm sure it depends on other files throughout webOS 2.0. Maybe someone here will look into it and see what's possible. I would, but don't have the time right now...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    i believe lunasys among others
    Was just wondering if WEB OS 2.0 will be available for palm pre ......i know its available in the palm pre 2 but what about palm pre are they going to be releasing it to that ??....and if so does anyone know what time they might be doing this???pls let me know i couldnt any info on this

thanks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firegod1982 View Post
    Was just wondering if WEB OS 2.0 will be available for palm pre ......i know its available in the palm pre 2 but what about palm pre are they going to be releasing it to that ??....and if so does anyone know what time they might be doing this???pls let me know i couldnt any info on this

thanks
    They will be getting 2.0, but all we know so far is that it will be "in the coming months."
    I miss the days when a phone was good out of the box and I was happy with it. I like my Pre, but with the tweakablilty and updates, I'm never done with it!
  12. ew
    Hi everybody,

iīm new so please be patient with me.

I don't know wether it is the right thread or not, but i just will ask.

Does anybody know wether there are new paying possibilities in webos 2.0 app catalog?

I want to know because, i want to buy some apps but have no credit card (never needed it before) and if there are other possibilities i can wait until i get webos 2.0

Kind regards
    ew
    Hi ew, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

There aren't any new payment forms available for the App Catalog. But for those who don't have credit or debit cards available, you can purchase a prepaid card from any store like Walgreens and use that.
  14. ew
    Hi HelloNNNewman,

thank you for your fast and helpful answer.
    Now i only have to find such a prepaid credit card in germany.

Kind regard
    ew
    Ahh.. that's a bit of a different story if you are in Germany. I would either try checking out Media Markt, or try the any of the suggestions in this site: Kartenprodukte

Hope you find something!
  16. ew
    Thanks again.

I think i will take the following.

DKB Cash

It's free.
    I post it because maybe other german pre lovers who don't have a credit card are also searching.

Kind Regards
    ew

PS: thank you HelloNNNewman. there are so many forums in the web, where you can only here: "use search" or: "use google". Very nice.

PPS: i can't post links, so please search for DKB Cash if your interested. sorry
    So I just read WebOS 2.0 would have Facebook chat in the messaging app. (I know we have it through the patch but still official support is official support.) I'm excited! And Facebook Places in the beta app as well!
    Facebook update has Facebook places!

I know! I don't update my stats much but I'm usually at a bar... Now everyone will know this
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Ha ha... Just waiting for the Beta update to 1.4.53