View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,
    Will WebOS 2.0 fix battery performance? and has HP sent out any word as to when we can expect the release?
    Thanks Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cchs227 View Post
    Hello,
    Will WebOS 2.0 fix battery performance? and has HP sent out any word as to when we can expect the release?
    Thanks Again.
    There'd be a million threads talking about it, if we knew!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The main page of C|P has been awfully quiet this weekend. The last time that happened the 2.0 review came out. Could there be some big news ready to break on Monday? I've been hitting my update icon regularly this weekend!
    I was thinking the same thing. The last post was early on Friday. Lately there has been a post everyday. I was checking the Verizon website and the Palm Pre Plus has been taken from the website but the Pixi Plus still remains...
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I'm just sayin'...
    I wonder since the webOS doctor for the Pre 2 was released that the guys at webOS internals are hard at work on a over clocked kernel for our older devices. I want to run webOS 2.0 at 1Ghz on my Pre Plus!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    EDITED FOR CLARITY: I'm hoping that the increased offloading of graphics to the GPU available in webOS 2.0 (using Qt on the backend for heavy lifting) will allow for smoother app switching on palm pre pluses and pre minuses without needing to overclock the CPU. We'll see though. Too bad that there is still that ram problem on the pre minuses.

sorry if my previous post didn't say this clearly.

ADDED: Perhaps there will be better garbage collection, and maybe leaving Java behind (I'm not talking about JavaScript because that is totally different) will make it so that lower RAM in the Pre- won't be a problem.
    Last edited by Rkguy; 11/07/2010 at 10:36 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    The TI 3630 (as used in the Pre 2) is supposed to be capable of much better performance at the same clock speed.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The TI 3630 (as used in the Pre 2) is supposed to be capable of much better performance at the same clock speed.
    And it should probably also result in a longer battery life at the same clock speed...hopefully
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    will "just type" on webos 2.0 allow you to do a search on the calendars?
    can someone cut to the chase? we who are not online all the time ask ?? too. So.. when will OS 2.0 be available for existing Palm Pre phones. Just that simple????

Please answer, I don't surf anymore so please help!
    sue
    Sue
    good question +1 from me too
    The only official announcement we have says that webOS 2.0 will be released "in the coming months".

So, we really have no idea lol...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    at this point i don't care as much for WebOS 2.0 as i do what is going to happen to CES!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    at this point i don't care as much for WebOS 2.0 as i do what is going to happen to CES!
    Well maybe 2.0 will be released on the same day as CES
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    It will be released the day after the day before it is released.

Hope that clears things up for you
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    "I was going to ask the same question at some point today"
    November 31

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    "I was going to ask the same question at some point today"
    we know
    Quote Originally Posted by tacktoday View Post
    can someone cut to the chase? we who are not online all the time ask ?? too. So.. when will OS 2.0 be available for existing Palm Pre phones. Just that simple????

Please answer, I don't surf anymore so please help!
    sue
    The second Tuesday of next week