View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Just Type = Universal Search + Quick Actions

Anyhow... still no news about 2.0 on current devices... I'm sad.

You and I both brother, the wait is killing me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I have a pre plus, I'm not desperate for a new hardware. I am really excited for 2.0, just type and stacks are gonna be great! Athough some awesome hardware at CES wouldn't hurt though.
    You're desperate, how about us poor mopes on Sprint Pre minus! I hope Sprint gets the message. I've pretty much decided, if Sprint hasn't at least signaled they're getting Pre2 sometime soon after it's available on Verizon, I'm jumping ship after 10 years on Sprint.
    i'm still hanging on Nov 11th ....... if its not their ...i'll just wait longer
    Can some one tell me if the web os 2 is available for download by palm pre users?
    Just check the 'Updates' app to find out.
    no it isn't. It'll be available in the coming months. If you have a webOS device, you will be notified by the update app on your phone.
    Ah thanks guys! I just checked my update app and I got the WeebOS 2.0's.
    Sprint Love
    WebOS 2 is only available for PRE2 (in France) as it shipped with it. No other device PRE, PRE Plus, pixi or pixi plus have it yet.
    It is supposed to be released in the coming months.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    WebOS 2 is only available for PRE2 (in France) as it shipped with it. No other device PRE, PRE Plus, pixi or pixi plus have it yet.
    It is supposed to be released in the coming months.
    You're ruining it. lol
    if you type the phrase "imaprettyprettyprincess" about 7 times consecutively a special screen will show up thanking you for figuring out the secret and you should get what you are looking for

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    if you type the phrase "imaprettyprettyprincess" about 7 times consecutively a special screen will show up thanking you for figuring out the secret and you should get what you are looking for
    haha, as I was reading this thread, I was thinking something just like this, then I got to the last post (yours) and thought oh man you already beat me to it. I was gonna say if you type the whole alphabet 4 times then spin around 3 times, throw your phone up in the air making sure it does exactly 5 flips before landing back in your hand, the accelorometer will read all of this and will give you an option to update to 2.0

To OP: Unfortunately we all have to wait for it right now. When it's here, you'll know it by the update on your phone and the fact that it will be paraded all over this site and front page since it's pretty much like the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    I think you all scared him away. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Each company goes on with their own thing..what works for one doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another...
    Yeah. if you want widgets, go get a phone with an OS that comes with widgets.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Is there any info/speculation about how updating to 2.0 will affect patched/uberkernel phones? Will we have to roll back all our patches and mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Is there any info/speculation about how updating to 2.0 will affect patched/uberkernel phones? Will we have to roll back all our patches and mods?
    Most of our patches and mods will be replaced with placeholders until they are updated to work with 2.0. Most of your mods will not be available immediately after updating to 2.0. Some will be updated very quickly while some may never get updated.
    <threads combined>
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think you all scared him away. lol
    Hey, being constantly mentally beaten by negative news, iPhans and Droidtards is part of the webOS community initiation process...

It's like joining the Cosa Nostra, you have to become a made man.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hey, being constantly mentally beaten by negative news, iPhans and Droidtards is part of the webOS community initiation process...

Are you trying to say the webOS community is plagued with people who only post here to make trouble and/or mock us? I've never noticed them...

haha just kiding though. It's gotten to a point where I don't join in conversations anymore. We have too many people who devote their life to trying to bring us down.

Does any other smartphone community have this problem as bad as we do?
    Google translate of a French Blooger who bought pre-2 from SFR, this is an actual model not a pre production one: "My verdict is that you can use a pre2 an entire day (even if your day is busy) and even spill over into the next. Do not expect a miracle and hold 2 full days with a load. SFR talks about 10am in communication, I think it's impossible. Except ... if 1/je do not push mail, 2 / If I never use 3G, 3/si when I take photos geotagging is disabled 4/si the screen is turned down, etc. ... Anyway, if it is to have ultraréducteur use his telephone to take 10h, buy a much dumbphone. For my use I would describe as medium to heavy (the intensive and very intensive for me is the use of direct push) is enough. I could not quantify this increase in autonomy, but others have done : 01men - Test du Palm Pre 2 : rapide et autonome, le smartphone revient dans la course

Apart from small bug that I mentioned earlier in the application of musical webOS 2.0 is in the state, an incredible leap forward. I spent the addition of small functions: every time you visit a page with a search engine, the system gives you the option of adding this service to search engines that "just like" use. When the wifi is on and you pick up a network without encryption, but requires an access code (captative portal / hotspot the SFR or Orange, for example) webOS 2.0 opens the login page immediately, without by the launcher apps and browser. Some features are still not enabled: exhibition mode based Touchstone, the "quick actions" have not been fully implemented, but it is clear that the number of operations to perform an action has greatly decreased. WebOS 2.0 is really much simpler to use and has become even more effective.
    I take the case of a beast update status fb (but it applies to a note, sms, mail, and soon via twitter apps third) on a standby phone:
    * WebOS on it gives it (well I mean the case of the meadow, the pixi is the same as other OS stby + unlock):
    1/ouvrir keyboard
    2 / tap your keyboard on your status at the con: "I like ponies" (clarification: I hate groups on the ponies!)
    3/choisir facebook in the list that appears (it will launch the application fb)
    4/vous just have to click "update" since you already copied text is pasted into your application.
    Now go about your daily

* On another platform it would be like this:
    1/appuyer stby button to wake the screen
    2/dévérouiller screen
    3/taper fb on the application (if it is not in your launch screen, it can make you add an extra stage)
    4/taper update on the status (or the empty field that depends on the OS / platform used by it may require additional operations)
    5/écrire your text
    6/taper ok (or update it depends on your bones)

WebOS on 2.0, not only are there fewer operations, but are faster to perform (I do not think that opening a keyboard takes over 0.5s and all apps open faster) and it applies to any action involving the text: research in malls, in the cache of a page already in the app catalog. Efficiency close to 100%"
    If this helped you hit thanks.

lol, i've only had my pre plus a week and my friend was commenting on how it sucked, even though he has a cheap samsung feature phone. XD

they're all jealous, but i am not sure why as they have relatively decent OS's and better hardware most of the time.......

must be that we don't lose our warranty modding and homebrewing and fixing things we don't like.
    (when i say we, i mean people who know how to edit the software, I have no clue)

p.s. my response - yeah..... but can your iphone/droid/blackberry/phone do this????!!!!
    *brings up quickwave bar and moves finger from right to left*