View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    anybody already has or knows when webos 2.0 is available for ATT PRE+?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I wonder how Verizon iPhone users will feel when they find out it takes ages for them to get updates. It would have taken them ages to get multitasking. Unless Steve Jobs has the balls to pressure VZW into releasing on schedule. HP should have the balls to do that too.
    i phone updates come directly to the end user through I-tunes -- i doubt that if/when the iphone makes it to verizon this will change therefore the VDelay will not make itself evident on this device
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    those that get the update early spend the exact amount of time complaining as those that get it late --they are just whining about all of their patches and aps that they cannot get to work
    You noticed that, too?

Actually, I'm not totally convinced Sprint will roll out the upgrade any faster than VZW this time. If they don't get the Pre 2, I don't see them pushing WebOS 2 to their customers quite as fast. Android is their baby right now, what with the 4G rollout. I'd wait a bit anyway, I'd want feedback on how it performs on the Sprint Pre before I upgraded, just due to the smaller memory size.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Will it be coming to the original Palm Pre?(Palm Pre 1)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Yes
    yep
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    yes

whoa everyone had the same idea??? lol
    Last edited by H Cubed; 11/03/2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: ...
    yes
    sí señor
    YES. Lets see how many times we can tell him yes. haha
    I have a number of homebrew apps and patches on my pre plus. Will I need to uninstall some of these when I upgrade to webos 2? For example I have the VZNavigator GPS Fix patch, uberkernel and patches to give me Yahoo, MSN and other IM providers. I am going to assume that some of that will not be compatible (especially since some of the IM providers will be included by default). What will be the best method of upgrading? Should we delete ALL homebrew apps and patches? I guess this might have been asked already, but I could not find it.

Thanks
    I'm sure that the guys at webOS Internals will release another list of patches that will need to be removed before upgrading. Like always you will need to be sure to uninstall any themes also. Once the release gets closer, I'm sure there will be a list released just like they did for 1.4.5.
    I guess I should just stay tuned and watch precentral for news.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arburnley View Post
    Will it be coming to the original Palm Pre?(Palm Pre 1)
    Hai
    Any patches that modify more than one package need to be removed. For example: 'Multi-scrim' since it modifies a few different apps. What happens is if one of those apps is updated, it'll overwrite that part of the patch. That will cause it to get stuck on your phone.

All patches listed in the previous thread for 1.4.5 still need to be uninstalled before updating to webOS 2.0.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I am curious to hear if webOS 2.0 is enough to keep people satisfied with Palm.
    I have a pre plus, I'm not desperate for a new hardware. I am really excited for 2.0, just type and stacks are gonna be great! Athough some awesome hardware at CES wouldn't hurt though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydenrobins08 View Post
    I am curious to hear if webOS 2.0 is enough to keep people satisfied with Palm.
    don't know yet. Waiting to try it out, but don't really want to pay for an unsubsadized phone or etf either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I have a pre plus, I'm not desperate for a new hardware. I am really excited for 2.0, just type and stacks are gonna be great! Athough some awesome hardware at CES wouldn't hurt though.
    I agree about stacks but just type has always been there.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I agree about stacks but just type has always been there.
    Just Type = Universal Search + Quick Actions

We only have Unversal Search now, and it's not the full one. The new one can even search details, e.g. email contents.

Anyhow... still no news about 2.0 on current devices... I'm sad.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here