View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Stacks reminds me of the time my brother said to me "why are you getting a Tivo, just use the VCR".

I have a feeling Stacks will be a feature a lot of folks didn't know they needed until it came along, especially as it relates to keeping new cards opened from inside an app in one stack instead of sticking it at the end of the current list of cards opened.
    Bingo!
  2. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I wish they would get rid of the "up" arrow (last icon) in the quick launch bar. A forward swipe up accomplishes the same thing, and it allows something else to be placed there.
    I know that WEBos 2.0 has been launched in France with SFR, it will be in the US with Verizon and in Canada with Rogers but it will be with the new Palm Pre 2

Will the WebOS 2.0 will be send to the carrier to update their customers like me with Bell in Canada and a Pre???

Does someone know when the update will be done for 1.4.5 Palm users???

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    No hard dates are known. The only information provided so far is it will be available to all devices "In the coming months"

Obviously the millage will very between carriers due to their approval processes.
    Yes, WebOS 2.0 will be available to all current webOS users. It should be released sometime "in the coming months". That's all we know at this point lol.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    It will be sent to all Pre's and Pre +'s in the "coming months"
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Yes, you will be updated to 2.0 in the "next couple of months".
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes, you will be updated to 2.0 in the "next couple of months".
    Nah, "coming months"..Next couple of months is an incorrect term lol. Lets try to quote Palm on it. Just Kidden
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Thank's, I hope it will be in the coming month.. like the launch in the US they said coming months but we know that will be November!!!

Dos anyone knows if the Uberkernel overclocked at 1 Ghz will be available when the WebOS 2.0 will be there for us???

Thank'S

Alain
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/30/2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: acronym deleted
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

Probably not... But... If you're carrier is one of the last to release 2.0, then maybe it will be haha
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Thank's, I hope it will be in the coming month.. like the launch in the US they said coming months but we know that will be November!!!

Dos anyone knows if the Uberkernel overclocked at 1 Ghz will be available when the WebOS 2.0 will be there for us???

Thank'S

Alain
    I wouldn't put it past those webOS Intrrnals guys to already have it ported and working right now. :-)
    WebOS Internals guys have a lot of work now to port all of their software to WebOS 2.0
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    WebOS Internals guys have a lot of work now to port all of their software to WebOS 2.0
    yes they do, i suspect the 2.0 upgrade will come by x-mas for us sprint users. i won't install it until all of the current patches work for it including uberkernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yes they do, i suspect the 2.0 upgrade will come by x-mas for us sprint users. i won't install it until all of the current patches work for it including
    uberkernel.
    I'll be waiting up as usual for this update, intstall it the moment it lands on my phone. This is yet the best update so far.

regards,
    [i]--Sent from my palm pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
    Webos2.0 is NOT out? when is it expected?
    They are keeping the release date wonderfully vague so that there is not the uprising that happened last time with 1.4.5.
    Isn't it out in France with the Pre 2? Looks like it will be out here soon with the Pre 2 on Verizon. When it gets on the older phones is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
    ok so (i just got my first palm today, bear with me) Webos2.0 is NOT out? when is it expected?
    If you're on Verizon, you should've waited a week or two and gotten the Pre 2. I guess it would still be in the 30 day return period, so maybe you can switch it out for a Pre 2 at a reduced price.
    if hp were smart,they would release webOS 2.0 to all devices when the pre 2 arrives in the us...which all signs point (rather quietly from hp's end) to next week, nov 11...
    if Verizon's past history is any indicator, they won't release 2.0 until about a month or more after the Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    if Verizon's past history is any indicator, they won't release 2.0 until about a month or more after the Pre2.
    it is an indicator. they have done this with every update/ upgrade since i have been a verizon customer (hint they were airtouch in this area when i signed up and verizon bought them in the mid 90's) They move slowly on every software update and they always will -- the only time that updates have come to verizon phones with any rapidity is when they are release directly from the vendors like they used to do for the old 755P or the 700P.

that is the way it is -- verizon was slow to release 1.4 as well as 1.45 prior to that on the pre i cannot speak because i was still using my 755P. if we get 2.0 before 2011 i personally will be extremely surprised and if you can quell you own anticipation then the wait doesn't seem so long -- also another thing i have learned is that all you complaining here or other forums will not make verizon move any faster and threats work just as well -- if the update being delivered promptly is that important to you --move to sprint they have the update out extremely quickly -- (good luck if you want a + or a 2 )
    it is good to be the last to get it any way all though i don't think that most people understand this -- by the time verizon puts out an update all of the patches and aps have been updated to work with the new os version and this makes things much nicer for us -- those that get the update early spend the exact amount of time complaining as those that get it late --they are just whining about all of their patches and aps that they cannot get to work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I wonder how Verizon iPhone users will feel when they find out it takes ages for them to get updates. It would have taken them ages to get multitasking. Unless Steve Jobs has the balls to pressure VZW into releasing on schedule. HP should have the balls to do that too.