View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 42 ... LastLast
    not sure I've read/understood that term yet "quick actions" but I think I kind of get where you're going with that, maybe. Either way, 2.0 will come and I'll soon forget about 1.4.5 just like every other update, just a matter of when, (assuming it'll be before the end of the year) and it's not like I haven't waited 2 months for previous updates.
    I believe this is one of the best thing to happen to our phones. Being able to organized all your application in a stack order. I'm loving it ~ and waiting anxiously for the release of 2.0.

Regards,

[i]--Sent from my palm pre.
    It would be nice to have the option of choice,between stacks and mini cards,
    seems a bit appleish to make your mind up for you.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    the current version,,the new stacks version,,dont matter to me. I never leave more then 2 cards open at a time. Stacks is most likely a great feature for some,but for me, I can't see how I would ever ultilize it. But I'm an *****,what do I know?,lol.
    i'm looking forward to it in a major way. as many times as i have four + messaging cards open talking between friends to plan something, or even just carrying on multiple conversations, would make it usefull for me. i also quite often, as was mentioned by whodo voodoo, have a Tweed card open for DMs and another for @replies. those are just a couple of examples. but even with just those two stacks it would really help to keep things organized, especially since i usually also have a couple of web pages, and a tumblr app open at almost all times as well. and a couple of word games, TWC... i'm just swiping around seeing what's open right now, and with each swipe i get more excited about stacks.

off subject, but more ram and better code will help me a lot too, as i still get TMC'ed at least every couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've already been in the Just Type mode for some time now, even before it was announced. I need to call someone in my contacts, Just Type. I need an app, and don't want to scroll through 7 pages and 150 apps, Just Type. I want to find an address or phone number of a business, Just Type. I want to find out an answer to a question, Just Type. Seems like this was already there, just not quite as advertised? I'm not sure I'll notice anything new on that level, but maybe there's more to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Quick actions. Is the new feature of just type I'm most looking forward to. Hmmn, wonder if a quick action could be defined to open a predecided stack of apps?
    Actually I meant to say Quick Actions. But I tend to still call the old model Universal Search, Just Type would be Universal Search + Quick Actions.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    the current version,,the new stacks version,,dont matter to me. I never leave more then 2 cards open at a time. Stacks is most likely a great feature for some,but for me, I can't see how I would ever ultilize it. But I'm an *****,what do I know?,lol.
    i'll reiterate... This is probably one of those things that you don't know what you're missing until you get it and then (to the tune of Keanu.......) WHOA!!

just speculation of course
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Quick actions. Is the new feature of just type I'm most looking forward to. Hmmn, wonder if a quick action could be defined to open a predecided stack of apps?
    that would be cool! or not even pre decided stacks. just type what you want in the pile. like "stack [or maybe] open stack; tweed, facebook, tumblbox."

i agree that qucik actions is another thing i'm looking forward to. especially since devs will be able to tie into it with apps. i already make plenty of use of the USCL patch, and can't imaging not having something along those lines now. just last night i search wolfram alpha to compare two city poplulations using USCL. love it.
    I can think of a couple apps that I would like to utilize stacks with. Messaging, twitter, and facebook apps are a no brainer. It will imo really bring mobile browsing up to speed with desktop browsing. Being able to facebook chat, while browsing facebook comes to mind.

I noticed that one of the preware help apps allow you to open pages in a new car while the original car goes back to the main menu. That's an excellent application of stacks if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    It would be nice to have the option of choice,between stacks and mini cards,
    seems a bit appleish to make your mind up for you.
    I don't know y you couldn't have both. I wonder if deiter has explored all the preferences apps, and just needs to turn mini cards back on. Would be cool if you could toggle stacks too. They should provide those options sometime in webos 2.x, and stuff like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I saw a good idea somewhere else for if we had minicards. Cards could be rearranged in regular card view, wile entire stacks could be rearranged in mini view.

or cards could be arranged from stack to stack in minicard view, bypassing individual cards in stacks. I think that's gna get annoying
    also, I think some additional gestures for stacks could be useful, like pinch in the ipad photo gallery app. Say your in mini card view. If you pick 2+ cards/stacks together, maybe you could combine them into one larger stack. And if you have a large stack, maybe two fingers could let you pan through it.

I'm hoping that in future iterations of webos, cards and stacks will be as simple as a user wants it, or as complex
    stacks are just very pleasing to the eye, they look nice. I don't think people will use them at first, but once they see how it works I'm sure it will grow on them. I just hope webos 2.0 is snappier.
    maybe a shuffle and re-deal? Some custom card backs? We could d some magic tricks? The possibilities are endless......(house of cards even?)
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    maybe a shuffle and re-deal? Some custom card backs? We could d some magic tricks? The possibilities are endless......(house of cards even?)
    Pick a card - any card and I will make it disappear with a TMC error! Sounds Great!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Pick a card - any card and I will make it disappear with a TMC error! Sounds Great!
    didn't you see where they had over 50 cards running on 2.0 before any slow down. If you got that many cards open to get a tmc, just think about how no other phone would even allow 50 apps running at once. And on topic I think it will be one of them things where you don't realize how convinient it is going to be till you are actually using it. Just like how when I switched to android for a bit I thought the way it multi tasks won't be that big of deal and I'll get used to it, but the I quickly realized how superior webOS is.
    i dont think i will ever use stacks...ever
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    hopefully we get a Halloween treat from palm and let it be webOS 2.0!!!!!! comon i need something new to fool with on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    that would be cool! or not even pre decided stacks. just type what you want in the pile. like "stack [or maybe] open stack; tweed, facebook, tumblbox."
    That would be rather handy, especially if you can use assign shortcuts to apps to reduce the amount of typing. ie stack: tw, fb, tb. I could also imagine a patch or app that autoloads a stack of apps under certain conditions. Would be nice to wake up and find my phone (or tablet for that matter) had preloaded all the apps I check first thing each day.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Stacks reminds me of the time my brother said to me "why are you getting a Tivo, just use the VCR".

I have a feeling Stacks will be a feature a lot of folks didn't know they needed until it came along, especially as it relates to keeping new cards opened from inside an app in one stack instead of sticking it at the end of the current list of cards opened.
    Well, based on the many comments on the use of stacks, I think J Rube needs to take a page out of S Jobs playbook (no pun intended RIMM) and go to work BIG time Jan making the new features a big deal like Apple does with anything, while users follow and talk about the greatness of it.

I think by Jan, there will be a minor upgrade to 2.0, but J Rube and HP need to just go all-in
    I think stacks is one of those features that you actually need to use (hands on) to see how convenient they are. So until then I don't think we can say much about it.