View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    My assumption would be it's because of the browser info being sent. It might be possible to spoof PC browser info for it to run. The other thing it could be is if the mobile flash sends it's own ID info as well then that could prevent it from playing.
    Hulu is going to block it so they can charge you $9.99 a month (or $4.99 is the rumors pan out). Apparently, there's a hack on the EVO to get Hulu to play, so hopefully someone will get it working on 2.0.
    Any one know if there will be an OS update from 1.4.5 to 2.0 on the Palm Pre 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by delme View Post
    Any one know if there will be an OS update from 1.4.5 to 2.0 on the Palm Pre 1?
    Yes, there will be.
    i guess it is only a matter of time until the OTA update arrives... i sit... i wait...
    I searched but didnt see anything specific. Any signs of a better unlock screen? With a swipe like android feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I searched but didnt see anything specific. Any signs of a better unlock screen? With a swipe like android feature?
    Do you mean the lock screen (PIN)? The current unlock screen without the PIN is fairly easy. Easier than Android's IMHO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Do you mean the lock screen (PIN)? The current unlock screen without the PIN is fairly easy. Easier than Android's IMHO.
    I like the unlock screen as it is, but dont like entering a pin to unlock it always. A simple method to unlock it via a custom swipe/multitouch would be great for security reasons. I also fear losing my pre with all the info it has on it. I know I can remote swipe it from my palm profile. Or even an option to have the pin feature only lock after a custom time like 5 hours would be nice too.
    any word on if the carriers are testing the 2.0 update yet?

Any vzw, sprint, or att employees in the know?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi everybody!

Just want to know if Palm Pre will be getting the new HP Palm WebOS 2.0?
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Yes!
  12.    #592  
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by djdjek View Post
    Hi everybody!

Just want to know if Palm Pre will be getting the new HP Palm WebOS 2.0?
    Yes.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Yes, in fact this matter has been discussed not only by this forum in many other threads (search) but also if you have listened to Palm/HP or looked at the site it shows it will.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Yes. could be tomorrow or it could be six months from now. It depends on your carrier...
    Does anyone know if there will be access to a Microphone API and Camera API? I would really like to see some audio apps developed ie: Shazam and some Real Time Audio Analysis stuff.
    Does 2.0 include a gesture to jump to the top of a scroll-able page or the bottom of a scroll-able page.

For example, a long long long web page that you want to get to the bottom of - a shortcut for that besides all that flicking?
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman0105 View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be access to a Microphone API and Camera API? I would really like to see some audio apps developed ie: Shazam and some Real Time Audio Analysis stuff.
    Yes I do, and yes there will.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Check PreWare, there's already a bar code app. Some people look at problems and give up or complain (or both). Others figure a way around them.
    If I'm not mistaken it's a QR-Code app rather than an app for the more common bar codes you see in supermarkets. Although I could have sworn I saw something about the ShopSavvy people looking to port their app to webOS. But that was a long time ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I like the unlock screen as it is, but dont like entering a pin to unlock it always. A simple method to unlock it via a custom swipe/multitouch would be great for security reasons. I also fear losing my pre with all the info it has on it. I know I can remote swipe it from my palm profile. Or even an option to have the pin feature only lock after a custom time like 5 hours would be nice too.
    The PIN is required by a security policy if you use Exchange Active Sync. It is implemented by your Exchange admin to protect sensitive data that may be in your e-mail. You should be able to adjust the time the PIN lock activates. Mine is set to 15 minutes I believe. If you really don't want it, and don't mind going against the policies set by your Exchange admin, there is a patch to remove it if you really want to. (I recommend you leave it. It's there for a purpose.)

Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin
    Does 2.0 include a gesture to jump to the top of a scroll-able page or the bottom of a scroll-able page.

For example, a long long long web page that you want to get to the bottom of - a shortcut for that besides all that flicking?
    I am not sure if it is included in 2.0, but there is a patch available (multi-mod) that allows you to use keyboard shortcuts to scroll, go to the top and go to the end of a web page.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo