View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    We seem to be overlooking one of the most needed features of webos. The screen following the cursor when typing.
    this is true...really annoying bug there!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    I am just as excited about the new features of webOS 2.0 as anyone else but I have a concern. My concern is that Palm didn't hold a keynote showing the new features of webOS 2. No big deal right? What I am thinking (call me crazy) is that the Pre 2 is so far away that they couldn't wait for that keynote to show the new features. Do I make any sense? Also wouldn't palm need the publicity of the keynote?
    This OS revision doesn't exactly justify a huge keynote, nor do they have the following for it. I think they are just trying to get developers on board at this point, because the most major improvements seem to only affect development anyway. The biggest thing the end user will notice is the increase in app quality. I think they'll have the appropriate amount of fanfare when it finally comes to revealing a new device.

Besides, a keynote isn't needed in order to make 2.0 truly great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I can confirm GPU acceleration is in 2.0, and It's nice and smooth.
    Cool - just what I was wondering. How trustworthy is your source?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Cool - just what I was wondering. How trustworthy is your source?
    It's call Wishful Thinking.
    People need to understand that the news from today is by no means a complete list of new features coming in the new version of WebOS. It's just the stuff that is of interest to developers and that would have been obvious from the new SDK.

Back end stuff that is opaque to developers like hardware acceleration of the UI, db8, etc. will be saved for the official launch announcement.
    So is the update going to also add Adobe Flash support?
    Hold on...so it's possible that it WILL use GPU acceleration....and if not that something close will be possible? (Not trolling) That is the only thing that I really wanted in the Epic or any other phone with GPU acceleration and smoothness. Plus, it would save on battery life.

So it has actually been confirmed for 2.0?
  8.    #48  
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    People need to understand that the news from today is by no means a complete list of new features coming in the new version of WebOS. It's just the stuff that is of interest to developers and that would have been obvious from the new SDK.

Back end stuff that is opaque to developers like hardware acceleration of the UI, db8, etc. will be saved for the official launch announcement.
    Listen to this guy....he has his thinking cap on correctly.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, widgets just needlessly clutter up the screen and force you to treat your phone like a desktop computer. I would much rather see Palm add the best of the Homebrew patches that Jason Robitaille, Sconix, and others have been putting out to webOS. The Today Menu patch is far more elegant than any today screen or widget I've ever seen on Android, Windows Mobile, or PalmOS. Needless to say, I'm staying put.
    I Strongly Agree.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'll be curious to see if card stacking makes patches like "new card per convo" obsolete, or if unpatched webos will still want all conversations in the same card.

Also, opening multiple browsers and stacking them will be like tabbed browsing on a pc. That'll be awesome.

Come to think of it, if we can customize our own card stacks, that'll be even more powerful multi-tasking than I can get out of my desktop pc.
    The GUI isn't GPU accelerated? Could've fooled me. Some of the stuff webOS pulls looks like the way Aero and Compiz treat windows as textures.
    It's been confirmed that 2.0 will be GPU accelerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    The GUI isn't GPU accelerated? Could've fooled me. Some of the stuff webOS pulls looks like the way Aero and Compiz treat windows as textures.

Sometimes I feel the same way because there is no way the phone can handle graphics like that without one if it is written in a non-compiled language. Maybe it IS hardware accelerated but just really slow and that's where the CSS Transforms come in? Who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I'm just saying, it's impressive that they did what they did already in software. I thought it was GPU accelerated all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    He was just playing I thought?
    Here is the evidence in the picture, the name which is little unusual is underlined by the infamous squiggly line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I hope so. No spell check is what I hate most about webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    He was just playing I thought?
    Hey, go back and read the stuff from Palm's dev day in April. Ben and Dion have stated that GPU acceleration will be in webOS 2.0. You don't have to guess at anything. It's coming so stop worrying. And as someone mentioned in this thread and Rahul Sood mentioned today on Twitter, there are things that are in 2.0 that weren't mentioned today. Today was for the devs. The behind the scenes stuff is exactly that, behinds the scenes.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    this would be awesome, especially, as someone pointed out in a coments section, you could tap the misspelled word and it would offer suggestions.
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast