View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 38 ... LastLast
    Realistically what is missing in palm pre? Software or hardware? Everyone says they love the OS and multitasking and notifications but would not recommend pre to friends and families due to hardware issues.

If Palm makes hardware just close to iphone-4 and Droid X or Droid Global, no one is going to buy palm. Only people who would buy it will be people who had palm phones and want to update their hardwares. Palm will not be able to sell a iphone-4 hardware caliber phone to masses 7-10 months after iphone -4 came out. What they need to do is built such a kick *** hardware that iphone and droids need to catch up to us in next 6 months. Then masses will buy palm pre because it is the best hardware, What they need is
    --- atleast 3.7 inch screen,
    dual core processor before motorola or HTC release it & they will release it soon
    1Gb RAM, I know 500G is enough right now, but again we need to build a beast of a device to get the masses
    Option of 4G
    Front facing camera
    resolution better than 960x640 maybe 720
    A 1500mA battery
    I swear if palm pre has only this hardware upgrades and NOTHING else, millions of people would buy it. On the other hand if they came out with a lame *** pre-3 with 1.3 single core processor, 512 MB RAM, 840x480 resolution, it will be like pre -2, with only people upgrading are the ones with pre. That would be end of Palm and H/P would take over
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I dont understand what HP is doing with this whole web OS 2.0 on another crappy Pre2. Dont get me wrong I want web OS 2.0 right now but this new software release has some pretty substantial changes to it. Why not hold off and release it with a brand new device. A new company (HP), new revamped software (webOS2.0) and a new top of the line hardware. They need to sell this whole idea of "under new management".

A new consumer is not going to say "ooo nice web os 2.0. I am going to over look the crappy hardware and buy this just for the software." Its a package. A great software like web os atleast needs to be paired with a decent up to date hardware.

Web OS 2.0 will always be the best mobile software platform out there that no one will ever know about because they dont know how to sell it to the consumer.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It seems like the webOS 2.0 version on SFR must be a beta version.

I'm guessing we will see more than one versuon of 2.0 released on different carriers. Hopefully they will sync up at some point.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    What I want to know (and forgive me if it's somehwere in this thread, but there's nearly 30 pages of it and I did look through the latest) is will we have to unload all our patches before the update and then put them back on after? And how do we know which ones we'll need?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Bueller...Bueller?

What's the verdict on storage encryption for EAS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    What I want to know (and forgive me if it's somehwere in this thread, but there's nearly 30 pages of it and I did look through the latest) is will we have to unload all our patches before the update and then put them back on after? And how do we know which ones we'll need?
    Nope....thanks to AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology). You DON'T need to remove any patches before the update.

You DO need to remove any themes you have installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Nope....thanks to AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology). You DON'T need to remove any patches before the update.

You DO need to remove any themes you have installed.
    I don't believe this may be true for 2.0

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Haven't read otherwise...

Why do you think AUPT won't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Haven't read otherwise...

Why do you think AUPT won't work?
    i would assume that the AUPT technology will work fine -- however there are a handful of patches that touch multiple parts of the structure and must be removed prior to an update to avoid problems

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

just for clarity sake
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    It seems like the webOS 2.0 version on SFR must be a beta version.

I'm guessing we will see more than one versuon of 2.0 released on different carriers. Hopefully they will sync up at some point.
    It is a beta version,

Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    There is AUPT which in the past meant no you didnt have to remove patches, but with an update this big that will change so much, I can only say it would be more then advisable to remove all patches (run EPR) and themes as most patches that most people use have been implemented or are being implemented to webos 2.0
    I had a dream that I had webOS 2.0. Probably because I read that it would work on the original Pre's yesterday...
    Needless to say I woke up in disappointment.

HP is now infiltrating my dreams! ***
    As a previous writer of the common app, it sounds like you are trying to throw in too many million dollar words, ya know what I mean? Plus, your sentences are way too long, and the topic you chose is a bit cliche.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    I had a dream that I had webOS 2.0. Probably because I read that it would work on the original Pre's yesterday...
    Needless to say I woke up in disappointment.

HP is now infiltrating my dreams! ***
    You are misinformed. webOS 2.0 will work on old Pre and Pixi phones.

We have enough real concerns without inventing false ones.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    It is a beta version,

There is AUPT which in the past meant no you didnt have to remove patches, but with an update this big that will change so much, I can only say it would be more then advisable to remove all patches (run EPR) and themes as most patches that most people use have been implemented or are being implemented to webos 2.0
    Yeah that might actually be a good idea to run EPR. It's like Legos....knock em all down then just build it back up again. And with Preware, adding patches isn't hard. Might as well play it all safe with an update of this magnitude.
    Hypothetically speaking, if the Webos Doctor for the Pre 2 was released for SFR today.. And someone was to Meta-Doctor it for a Sprint phone.. Would that work out?
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if the Webos Doctor for the Pre 2 was released for SFR today.. And someone was to Meta-Doctor it for a Sprint phone.. Would that work out?
    No. It would take much more work than that. The Pre2 uses different hardware.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    So there's no way to get that 2.0 on this Pre (Minus).. Or am I just not thinking to widely.
    I have the original Palm Pre on Sprint with 1.4.5, 800 Mb left of space, over 70 patches and the 1.1 Ghz/starfighter kernel installed. It can open more than a dozen cards(lots of webpages, pdk apps and even a 3D game-opens about 20 cards before you lose your nerves) and run pretty smooth throughout. I think that with WebOS 2.0, it will definitely run at the same or perhaps greater speed [ enhancements and performance tweaks ].i mean who needs more than 8 or 9 cards open anyways?.
    Hopefully we'll have these same kernels up and running for 2.0 by the time it hits other carriers in the US. although i wouldn't be surprised if 2.0 did just find at stock speed even on the Pixi and Pre-.
    +1
    count me in +1....might be optimistic but I really think it's going to work fine, just like every other update.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel