View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 37 ... LastLast
    So far, O2 Germany have done a remarkable job keeping their users up-to-date... Here's hoping we'll get 2.X early on as well! Honestly I'd rather take the plunge with 2.0 and have exhibition a month later with 2.1 than have to wait that month for any flavor of 2.X. Even though I'd have no patches or overclock for a while.
    A tip from webos world is that all current sprint pre, and VZ/AT&T plus owners will be getting webos 2.0 by november. Stated on their site in the coming months, but of course we all know it slated by year end. It is also stated that all Pixi device will indeed too be getting the 2.0 version by year end. Hopefully a Pre2 or another device is announced for Sprint, and At&T before hand along with Verizon, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Official: webOS 2.0 coming to Sprint Pre and VZW/AT&T Pre Plus WebOS World
    I hate how long it takes for these updates to get to us. I wish Palm could be like apple and have full control over when their software is released. I know my ipad is getting 4.2 next month definitively. I want my Pre to have the same treatment.
    So, Palm will release webOS 2.0 in November. I wonder how long the different carriers will take to actually push it out lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    it would make sense that the carriers will have it within a few days of the pre2 shipping in france (this friday).

that gives the carriers 6 weeks to test/approve/release it to users.

ready. Set. Go!

vzw, I,m looking right at you. Try to be first this time, eh?
    hahaaa. yeah right.
    Verizon <<mod edit>> prefers Android right now.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/20/2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Please, for the love of everything, follow the forum guidelines and keep it PG-13
  7.    #527  
    The sooner the better. The only worry I have is Engadget's reports of huge syncing issues with Google services. Yikes!

<<Threads Merged>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/20/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    There will be a period of no homebrew though.

For some of us, this update is gonna feel like a downgrade for a little while.
    Who knows? Maybe they'll blow us all away this time and the carriers will push it through quickly. One can hope....
    I look forward to getting the update, but to be honest, this will be my last Palm until they actually make a phone that isn't a generation late on arrival.

When the Pre came out it was ahead of it's time OS wise and hardware wise, the Pre2 is a joke.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That's the main thing I was looking for too. More important to many people than VPN, I suspect, and certainly necessary for enterprise penetration.
    I saw that SFR is getting visual voicemail on their pre 2's... I'm on at&t switched to the pre plus after 3 years with the first iphone. I don't get alot of voicemails these days, its still nice to say that webos has visual voicemail. I showed my stupid friends my pre and they said "what the? no visual voicemail" its nice to see which voicemail is from who and not have to listen to voicemail menus. Kinda hope att gets it atleast.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by gjones77 View Post
    I look forward to getting the update, but to be honest, this will be my last Palm until they actually make a phone that isn't a generation late on arrival.

When the Pre came out it was ahead of it's time OS wise and hardware wise, the Pre2 is a joke.
    See, this I don't understand. The phone got a 1 ghz CPU, decent amount of memory, and enough ram. So what exactly makes it a generation late? Is the screen too small? Because that's the only thing that really separates it from the competition, and is honestly the main reason why I got this phone in the first place. I don't want a giant EVO-sized brick taking up my entire pocket.
    Agreed sputnik767. I don't understand why people are hating on the internals so much. If it has the same CPU as the Droid X then it will be one of the faster 1 ghz phones out currently.

Makes me wonder if the phone was released with a high res 3.5 screen if anyone would be whining.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I saw that SFR is getting visual voicemail on their pre 2's... I'm on at&t switched to the pre plus after 3 years with the first iphone. I don't get alot of voicemails these days, its still nice to say that webos has visual voicemail. I showed my stupid friends my pre and they said "what the? no visual voicemail" its nice to see which voicemail is from who and not have to listen to voicemail menus. Kinda hope att gets it atleast.
    YouView is a third party app for the Pre which enables Visual Voicemail.
    Any improvement about selecting text? No way to select a few words in a web page
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    YouView is a third party app for the Pre which enables Visual Voicemail.
    google voice will transcribe VM for free then send to you view so you don't have to subscribe to you mail's transcription service --these 3 things work very well together
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Hi there,

I'm wondering whether it will be possible to update from v1.4.5 to v2.0 without "loosing" my already bought apps. I suppose my account will keep unchanged an I'll be able to reinstall my apps after the update...

Anyone heard anything about this ?

Greetz,
    fredmr
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    google voice will transcribe VM for free then send to you view so you don't have to subscribe to you mail's transcription service --these 3 things work very well together
    The VM translations I received from google were hilarious. Unfortunately, I needed accurate, not funny. I don't used google voice any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjones77 View Post

Your memory deceives you; the Pre was not ahead of its time when it came out; people were complaining that it was a generation late then too.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr View Post
    I'm wondering whether it will be possible to update from v1.4.5 to v2.0 without "loosing" my already bought apps. I suppose my account will keep unchanged an I'll be able to reinstall my apps after the update...

Anyone heard anything about this?
    Android, iPhone, and WebOS do not wipe out your device when you run an update. They never have; you won't be losing your apps. Even if it went bad and the phone got wiped, the apps are tied to your Palm Profile, not your device, and they will be reinstalled automatically when you boot up for the first time after a hard reset.