View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 36 ... LastLast
    so what about preware and all patches an homebrew will we be able to get that stuff on the pre 2
    Standing by for the release of 2.0. I am getting excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    so what about preware and all patches an homebrew will we be able to get that stuff on the pre 2
    Once webosinternals updates them for the new OS and hardware. There will be a period of no homebrew though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    It's up patch developers to update their patches. I don't know how many are in the early access program, but I suspect some patches will be ready when 2.0 rolls out. And I'm not even normally a 'glass-half-full' guy.
    any news on if bell users in canada will get this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by atesh_vg View Post
    any news on if bell users in canada will get this update?
    Palm said webOS 2.0 will be coming to all webOs devices. It's up to the carriers when they want to push the update out though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    will it work for the palm pre plus ok?
    I've read all the webOS 2.0 reviews today waiting to hear something about the Mojo Messaging system, and nothing. Makes me wonder what the SFR website was talking about when they first leaked it (all the "push" stuff). Engadget said that webOS 2.0 was on par with iOS 4 now, but I will disagree with that statement until push notifications arrive. It's been way over a year since they were first discussed and we haven't heard a single thing about it. What's up with that?!
    Getting exited about all the news today, but I was wondering when we could expect an update for current devices? Since they are launching pretty soon on SFR, I do not see a reason to hold the update much longer.
    I'm calling the release date- Christmas. I've officially called it.
    That makes little sense. I say next month, though i dont understand why we dont get it first
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If it's ready for SFR by Friday, it should be ready for us soon. What I'm worried about is what's gonna happen to it once it gets to the carriers. I've been really really excited for this update for a while now, but I'm scared it's gonna get delayed forever like 1.4.5 was.
    should be out in a month, reason we didn't get the update first is probably cos some things don't work yet such Dieter said exhibition doesn't work
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    exhibition is suppose to get to us in the form of an update after we get 2.0

I suppose they would roll it out the same day the Pre 2 rolls out.
    All I know is ATT will get it 4 months after everybody else.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    why the hell will hp release 2.0 to france and not the u.s first? what is wrong with them? 2.0 better come before the end of october... i dont think hp properly planned their actions....and if they did they are not that bright..
    Get down from there before you hurt yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    my thoughts exactly.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    Nooo... they'll get it when everyone else gets it, but won't release it for 4 months (and then the will only release it to the Pre and make Pixi users wait another couple months).
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    exhibition is suppose to get to us in the form of an update after we get 2.0
    where did you hear that!!!

I think if you get the new phone with webOS 2.0 installed you will get an OTA update for exhibition...., but for the rest of us the 2.X update will bring everything at once. I think it will be like at&t pre plus had 1.4.2 while we all had 1.4 then we all got 1.4.5
    Lets get some Windows Media support! Seriously, I'm eligible for an upgrade at the end of the year and while I absolutely love my Palm Pre more than words itself, most of my internet radio listening is in Windows Media format, .asx, and opening RadioTime to find 75% of my presets "not supported" makes me a sad panda :-(

Hell, I'd be happy if I could just slap in a Fluendo gstreamer codec!