View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 34 ... LastLast
    so 2.0 is comeing soon what about us that just got the pre with att this summer are we just left in the cold
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    so 2.0 is comeing soon what about us that just got the pre with att this summer are we just left in the cold
    I think on the page before it was stated all current webOS hardware will get the 2.0 upgrade, pending of course the carriers. Hopefully VZN/ATT gets the update a little quicker than last time.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I think on the page before it was stated all current webOS hardware will get the 2.0 upgrade, pending of course the carriers. Hopefully VZN/ATT gets the update a little quicker than last time.
    I really hope so. My friend was touting his Pre on Sprint with 1.4.5. I was drooling at all those PDK games

Now, my pre plus is AWESOME
    I can't wait... want it now!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Engadget and some of their commentors alluded to maybe older Pres not receiving the 2.0 update. Any actual reason for that to happen?
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon || I blog at butr.net
    Don't listen to them bozos.
  7.    #467  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkins View Post
    Engadget and some of their commentors alluded to maybe older Pres not receiving the 2.0 update. Any actual reason for that to happen?
    webOS 2.0 will release on current hardware.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I did not find a reference to that in the thread, so I put the expectation that WEBOS 2 will finally unlock the app catalog (paid and free) to all users and stop treating loyal HPalm customers living outside of a few "official countries" as second class.
    any idea if 2.0 has been release to the carriers for their "testing"?
    I might have missed it, but is the "Pre 2" hardware discussion being held somewhere?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I might have missed it, but is the "Pre 2" hardware discussion being held somewhere?
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    WebOs 2.0 is getting closer, but why doesn't anyone talk about the HW acceleration? We overclock our pre's to make it usable, but care more about exhibition and stacking cards than being able to use our phone without a 100% overclock and 12 hours batterylife(95% idle).

Is HW acceleration coming, or is webOS just as crappy as andorid?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    webOS 2.0 will release on current hardware.
    ryleyinstl,
    I believe you but was there anything released by Palm/HP that says this?

Thanks,
    D
    Perfect, thanks!
    I want to by scratch but knowing that quick office is coming free to 2.0 is stoping me.. What's everyone else doing?
    OK, so 2.0 is supposed to be available for older devices. My question is, has anyone heard if it causes a performance hit on the original Pre? Will overclocking and other essential adaptations be viable on the older Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreudSlipped View Post
    OK, so 2.0 is supposed to be available for older devices. My question is, has anyone heard if it causes a performance hit on the original Pre?
    There is no way of knowing this since it hasn't been released yet. We all know as much as you about this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FreudSlipped View Post
    Will overclocking and other essential adaptations be viable on the older Pre?
    I believe the webOS Internals guys have stated that they will have OC available for the 2.0 update. (I'll have to double-check that one)
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    the 2.0 update is meant to be more about optimizations. The whole phone is jsjsjs $based$ $and$ $they$'$re$ $making$ $it$ $speedy$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $how$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $updated$ $on$ $older$ $hardware$.

on the other hand, new features such as stacks could rough up the speed. I would think that there would be a way to toggle unimportant features for speed.
  20.    #480  
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post
    Is hardware acceleration of menu's in webOS planned? 20-30 fps scrolling is not good enough. The card view is clearly hw accelerated(it runs smooth even when the cpu is on its knees(too many objects in a 2D physics simulator)).

I used to have a iphone 2g(1. gen). Scrolling in 60 fps with infrequent lag and near perfect finger responce is quite different from approximately 30 fps with frequent lagging and noticable lag between finger and scrolling.
    (arm11 with MGX lite vs cortex a8 with SGX530)

Is palm adressing this MAJOR issue, or are they just pretending like the problem does not exist(like nokia for instance)?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic