View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
    I am definitely hoping they still release 2.0 this year like they said they would, in light of this new information about a phone in "early 2011"
    Hello first time poster:

I recently picked up a used Pre for $75 as I really liked the phone and started tweaking it out; so far I have Over clocked it add a few patches and etc. The one thing that is "forcing" me back to my blackberry is the calendar invite function

so please tell me they have added a function to accept/invite attendees using an outlook email,blackberry integration. thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by advantage View Post
    Hello first time poster:

I recently picked up a used Pre for $75 as I really liked the phone and started tweaking it out; so far I have Over clocked it add a few patches and etc. The one thing that is "forcing" me back to my blackberry is the calendar invite function

so please tell me they have added a function to accept/invite attendees using an outlook email,blackberry integration. thanks for the info
    You can accept invites just not invite attendees.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I really doubt that WebOS' consumption could HANDLE widgits! As it is, I have ALL email and facebook updates set to manual, and I am LUCKY to get four hours of moderate use!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I agree that it would be nice to be able to invite attendees to meetings.
    I am FAR more interested in 2.0 than I am in a new Pre form-factor. I happen to like riverstone look and size of my Pre. Yes, my screen isn't as big as other phones, but that's to my advantage, IMHO. I'd far rather sacrifice screen (and forward facing cameras) in exchange for keeping my physical keyboard.

I'd like to see the core apps get updated (HP really should just buy Music Player Remix 2), and get the APIs opened up for the developers of WebOS apps. Given what the folks in the WebOS have done with what Palm grudgingly gave them, it's exciting to think that HP might open up the full phone.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I hope they give us 2.0 for our current Pres and Pre pluses, despite this "new phone bump" phone they are working on. I'm not due for a phone upgrade for a while and have no intention of spending money on a new phone if my current phone has no problems or issues.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    I really doubt that WebOS' consumption could HANDLE widgits! As it is, I have ALL email and facebook updates set to manual, and I am LUCKY to get four hours of moderate use!
    If you get only up to 4 hours of moderate use then something is wrong.

I set email to 30 minutes interval and I reduced Brightness (get's temporarily cranked up when I'm out in sunlight - otherwise minimum brightness is easily bright enough).

I keep data on wifi as much as possible - consumes less energy than 3G.

Are you in a rural area or otherwise often in an area that is badly covered? The radio eats more energy when it has to try harder to get a signal.

I don't use facebook.

With that the standard battery gets me through the day (I don't have extra Touchstones in car or office).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Yeah I have my exchange for work set to push, receiving 50-75 e-mails a day. I have my hotmail setup to sync once an hour, plus 2 gmail accounts set to push, though e-mail is really light on those accounts. I don't text very much, but do a lot of web browsing and calendar checking. I can easily get through the day and I am running at 1ghz.

Sounds like a defective battery. Install Dr. Battery to see your battery health. I also just ordered a Mugen 1400 because I got it cheap. $37 shipped.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    I am FAR more interested in 2.0 than I am in a new Pre form-factor. I happen to like riverstone look and size of my Pre. Yes, my screen isn't as big as other phones, but that's to my advantage, IMHO. I'd far rather sacrifice screen (and forward facing cameras) in exchange for keeping my physical keyboard.

I'd like to see the core apps get updated (HP really should just buy Music Player Remix 2), and get the APIs opened up for the developers of WebOS apps. Given what the folks in the WebOS have done with what Palm grudgingly gave them, it's exciting to think that HP might open up the full phone.
    I am totally on board with you, I like my Verizon Pre the form factor is good. With the patches, and over clocking the phone is sweet. I just hope that Webos 2.0 comes to the older pre, and have much more, than what they are showing us
    can NOT wait for 2.0 to hit and bring Just Type functionality for core apps - I just realized that being able to Just Type™ "call Dude" and hit 'calendar' below it - and have my phone create me a calendar entry titled "call Dude" - is going to revolutionize my mothercopulating LIFE! Wish I was kidding there, but I ain't AND you gotta love these here forums' text filters.
    Is the emulator with webOS 2.0 available for download or is it only available to developers? Or is it even available at all?
    I would hold onto your 1.4.5 before you even decide to get 2.0 when it hits the shelves. Upgrade decision time should be one month after development debugging a beta testing and then I would consider it after this stage.
    Palm Pre Plus+ High-end User / UberKernel 1.4.5-119 (1Ghz Processor) overclocked
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is the emulator with webOS 2.0 available for download or is it only available to developers? Or is it even available at all?
    Available to developers in the early access program.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-20-beta-sdk-available
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I hope some form of text size control is given. I can make do with most text but in some app it's just unbearable for me. (yes I am legally blind and no better glasses will not help)

But really I wonder if my Sprint Pre would even get 2.0 or if we are going to be forced into a new device. Not that I am ageist a new device if it's a worthy upgrade.
  16.    #456  
    Your Sprint Pre will run 2.0 when it is released.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    so if 2.0 is comeing soon what happens to us that just got the pre plus on att an verizon and the phones still new are we just screwed
    Any hint or indication whether webOS 2.0 will have auto-wrap in the browser and in the PDF viewer?
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    so if 2.0 is comeing soon what happens to us that just got the pre plus on att an verizon and the phones still new are we just screwed
    2.0 will run on all current webOS hardware, assuming your carrier treats you to an upgrade...which it most likely will.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Any hint or indication whether webOS 2.0 will have auto-wrap in the browser and in the PDF viewer?
    No indication at this time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic