View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 32 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thematrix31 View Post
    why do we want flash? So i can stream sports games when i'm on the go.
    100% this.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Why do we want Flash? So I can stream sports games when I'm on the go.
    It'll suck your battery dry in an hour. In any case, I'm sure we'll get Flash eventually. Adobe has released it to manufacturers, so I guess it's Palm that's holding it up.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    It'll suck your battery dry in an hour. In any case, I'm sure we'll get Flash eventually. Adobe has released it to manufacturers, so I guess it's Palm that's holding it up.
    When you want to watch a game away from home, Battery won't stop ya! Haha. I'd plug it in, I don't care, I just want to be able to do it!

Edit: And are you talking about the Pre running Flash or just speaking generally about Flash on cell phones? Because I watched an entire game using flash on an HTC Evo over 3G and it did not die. That is much longer than one hour. The Pre however dies in 5 minutes without flash, so If you were talking about the Pre I agree. Still don't care, still want it.
    Last edited by Keegsta; 09/30/2010 at 09:41 PM.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Although I have been a member for over a year I have zero posts so I am unable to open my own thread on a new subject so I found the best thread to post this question in.
    Has HPalm considered 3rd party software saves incorperated with synergy. I see they are opening up synergy to 3rd party developers but when I have my PalmPad, PrePlus 2, and various other webOS devices that I presume I will be logged in under the same profile, can I contue my games across devices. Pick up on Gangstars on my PalmPad where I left off on my Pre 2? Can I access and manipulate data from any app?

Can iDevices do this?
    Last edited by existenz99; 10/01/2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: to add...
    Does anyone else thing having that search bar on the home screen will be an ugly addition and huge waste of space?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by existenz99 View Post
    Although I have been a member for over a year I have zero posts so I am unable to open my own thread on a new subject so I found the best thread to post this question in.
    Has HPalm considered 3rd party software saves incorperated with synergy. I see they are opening up synergy to 3rd party developers but when I have my PalmPad, PrePlus 2, and various other webOS devices that I presume I will be logged in under the same profile, can I contue my games across devices. Pick up on Gangstars on my PalmPad where I left off on my Pre 2? Can I access and manipulate data from any app?

Can iDevices do this?
    I dont think that this really has been discussed.

All I can say is that I hope that your Palm Profile will sync all three of your devices, to the exception of any apps that are device specific (ex: a drawing app on your tablet that will only work with it) but those apps should still back up to your profile.

I mean, as long as each device has the 3rd party Synergy installed, then it should mirror each respectively on each device.

As far as say, if you were playing Angry Birds on your Pre2, and then wanted to continue your game on the PalmPad, this would be AWESOME, but I dont think it will be like this initially.

Remember the issue with some 3d Games and the 1.4.5 upgrade? The issue was that when palm Sandboxed each app, they no longer had access to the Internal Memory to save the games state.

So as you can see, the games save states to the Internal Memory. Not to your Palm Profile.

This could be changed in the future, but I dont think its the number 1 prerogative for Palm right now. Each 3d Game developer would have to update their app to take this into account, and since most 3D games are just 1 day ports of iphone apps, I dont see them doing this right now.

I am told by my Apple phanboy friends that NO, iDevices DO NOT do this.

My friend had to re-buy all of his apps for his iPad when he had already purchased them on his iphone 4. So they dont even share apps to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    When you want to watch a game away from home, Battery won't stop ya! Haha. I'd plug it in, I don't care, I just want to be able to do it!

Edit: And are you talking about the Pre running Flash or just speaking generally about Flash on cell phones? Because I watched an entire game using flash on an HTC Evo over 3G and it did not die. That is much longer than one hour. The Pre however dies in 5 minutes without flash, so If you were talking about the Pre I agree. Still don't care, still want it.
    You'll get your chance, I hope. Flash for our devices is out there, Palm is holding it up. Could it be that HP is saving Flash for WebOS 2.0, as an incentive to get people to buy into the platform? Could it also be that Flash gives substandard performance on current webOS? Either way, I'll install flash as soon as it becomes available, just so I have it, but it's not something that is crucial for me at this point.
    so for sure the current pre will be getting 2.0 right?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

My friend had to re-buy all of his apps for his iPad when he had already purchased them on his iphone 4. So they dont even share apps to begin with.
    That's misleading. If you login to an iPad with the same iTunes account as you use on an iPod Touch or iPhone, ALL previously purchased iPhone apps are available to install on the iPad. Some of them will be required to be run in "2x" mode, or in a window on the iPad, but you can use them all without re-purchasing.

Now, if a developer releases an iPad specific, new version, with a different listing in the App store (Flight Control vs. Flight Control HD), then yes, you will have to purchase the new, different app. One final option is for a developer to recode the app as a universal app that is optimized for both small screen (iPhone, iPod Touch), and iPad (indicated in iTunes with a small "+" on the purchase/download button, then you buy once and get the optimized experience on each device (and if the developer adds the universal functionality in a new version after you've already bought, you just download the new version without having to re-purchase as well).

It's not cut and dry, but it is misleading to say that you have to re-buy all your apps for different i-devices.

--Matt
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    so for sure the current pre will be getting 2.0 right?
    Yes
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Looking forward to this version of 2.0. The UberKernel is a battery hog and changes the Mhz back to 500 using Govnah. Noticed a nice update though that the dev did through Govnah today and so far so good.

Keep up the good work guys.
    I have no battery issues with Uberkernal. Especially when the phone is in sleep mode it sips on the battery nicely. I also have Touchstones everywhere which helps. I can't even remember when my battery dropped below 50%.

To me the performance increase at 1ghz is worth the extra battery drain.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I agree. The performance at 1GHz is a big difference. I didn't really notice that much of a battery drain. But if you are concern about the battery, go get a Seidio extended battery and it'll easily last you more than two days. Then get the new extended back cover modified by one of our fine members of this forum so you can use the touchstone. There, problem solved.....next!
    @NickDG and Ken4me: Nice replies and excellent support on this. $29.99 for the Touchstone and $44.95 for the 1350 extended battery is not bad at all and seems well worth the price. *Moves onto purchasing*...

P.S Removed the Dagger kernel and placed back the modified 113 UberKernel..
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    What I have on my Palm Pre Plus is the Uber Kernel set to operating at 1 GHz, and then I bought the seidio 2600 mAh battery with the extended back cover. This easily gives me 2 days (or a little more) of phone/data use. Then I found someone on this forum that specializes on modifying the seidio extended battery back cover so you can use it with your touchstone. Now I have the better of both worlds, and basically I have a "souped up" phone.
    I must make much heavier use of the phone than some. I generally get a full day with the 2600 Seidio, but if I don't charge over night, I'm out of charge in the morning. I clock to 1 gigahertz, and have ots of cloud sourced notifications, so who know? I'm happy with consistently getting a whole day, though.
    Will it include Novacom drivers, so we no longer have to deal with the hell of hunting them down? (still no luck there).
    that webOS 2.0 it's gona be next year aswell?!
    There's nothing saying Palm won't release 2.0 on the current devices.

And if anything if they don't, there will be a lot of angry users.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20.    #440  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic