View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 68 ... LastLast
    flicker and facebook work, and I think photobucket
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    uhhhhhhhhh,

anyone else notice this at the bottom of the developer page about 2.0?

"*The features described are slated for webOS 2.0. However, some may not appear in the first public release."
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Let's see, it took 2 months to roll out 1.4.5. First in Europe and Canada on 7/14/10, then on Sprint 8/11/10. Now finally VZN and AT&T today.

At that rate, I don't see much hope of seeing 2.0 this year.

Where's all this HP horsepower, they've been bragging about?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjanders View Post
    is there any video floating around out there of 2.0 in action? it would be really cool if a developer could post a video demonstrating 2.0 from the emulator.

Now there is! Front page story.
    LOL - now there isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I would like to see the ability to upload images straight from our phones on to internet sites. Such as here on the forums, photobucket, etc. We can already do video to an extent, (youtube) Why stop there? I would like to be free of using third party sites to upload screen shots or other photos straight from my phone, or having to connect to a computer a.k.a the old ball and chain, just to extract the pics in order to upload.
    I completely agree with you! I actually called palm and asked them if that would be a function added anytime, way back when we were on 1.2. They said they had passed it up to the big wigs, but they didn't know....
  7.    #347  
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by M@tterhorn View Post
    uhhhhhhhhh,

anyone else notice this at the bottom of the developer page about 2.0?

"*The features described are slated for webOS 2.0. However, some may not appear in the first public release."
    Interesting...let's hope they don't wait too long to get all those features to us!
    <<merged>>
    I'm not too excited for the feature already announced. What i really want is better, faster performane and voice dial. So far looking at the you tube vid it doesn't look that much better for me.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I'll be really disappointed if they don't have a good voice dial included in WebOS 2.0. My last three phones before this had it, and it worked great! It's a bluetooth MUST!!
    supposedly 2.0 was aimed for the fall they said correct? so that does mean early fall as in 5 days or late fall meaning by dec 19? or does that mean Jan of 2010 winter? im eager to know.especially with palms time frame that are never accurate!
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    supposedly 2.0 was aimed for the fall they said correct? so that does mean early fall as in 5 days or late fall meaning by dec 19? or does that mean Jan of 2010 winter? im eager to know.especially with palms time frame that are never accurate!
    No disrespect, but what leaf have you been hiding under? What about Palm's timeframe is confusing? Everything that they have said recently is that 2.0 will be released later this year. They said nothing about the fall. Later this year should be interpreted to mean later this year. Not what you want it to mean, which seems to be fall which you said is 5 days from now or it could be Dec 19. Last time I checked later this year is a series of words referring to a wide ranging time period, not exact dates.

I see a lot posters here who decide that they want Palm to do something on their timeframe and if it doesn't happen then Palm/HP doesn't stick to timelines and all of this other crap. Guys, they're working so let them do their jobs. When they have something you'll know. If ya'll don't like that you'll prolly leave anyways; chill.
    Last edited by playboy; 09/16/2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Most of the newer phones have Swipe texting for the on screen keyboards I have used it and wow it is amazing and makes one handed texting very easy and fast with the on screen key boards. I hope to see that on the new Palm.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    No disrespect, but what leaf have you been hiding under? What about Palm's timeframe is confusing? Everything that they have said recently is that 2.0 will be released later this year. They said nothing about the fall. Later this year should be interpreted to mean later this year. Not what you want it to mean, which seems to be fall which you said is 5 days from now or it could be Dec 19. Last time I checked later this year is a series of words referring to a wide ranging time period, not exact dates.

I see a lot posters here who decide that they want Palm to do something on their timeframe and if it doesn't happen then Palm/HP doesn't stick to timelines and all of this other crap. Guys, they're working so let them do their jobs. When they have something you'll know. If ya'll don't like that you'll prolly leave anyways; chill.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-get-...enty-more-fall

from that article thats why i assumed falll......i know they said later this year but this only 10 days of winter in this year so it has to be Falllll so figure it out! unless they drop on christmas they should have a better timeframe in which they can get out to customers, if the carriers mess up the time frame it wont be their fault so i wont blame them.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-get-...enty-more-fall

from that article thats why i assumed falll......i know they said later this year but this only 10 days of winter in this year so it has to be Falllll so figure it out! unless they drop on christmas they should have a better timeframe in which they can get out to customers, if the carriers mess up the time frame it wont be their fault so i wont blame them.
    I think the article says they suggested it would be out by fall, not really promised (or implied it would be safe to assume that time-frame). Also, couldn't the release of the new PDK classify as fulfilling that suggestion since most of what they talked about was for the benefit of developers, not the end user?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Can I hAz 2.0 n0W??? I is T1r3d 0f 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I noticed in the video that the icon with the bag that used to be app catalog now says software manager. Does this mean palm has opened up the app catalog to everyone even developers?
    I thought that was the update app. ?
    no it handle both updates .. Software and apps separately in the ssme app