View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 26 66 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Please let 2.0 open more then 10% of my .pdfs
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Anyone know what the second Mobileme service for Quickoffice is? On the leaked screen shots there is a second Mobileme with a walking man. Any idea what that is?

I'm looking forward to some degree of Mobileme intergration, even if it is only files.
    Last edited by TomD; 09/11/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  3.    #303  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I've never heard of a phone operating system allowing you to backup your txt msgs. I'm ignorant to this issue, but does IOS, Android or Blackberry give you a option in the OS to backup txt msgs? This seems like something that would need to be implemented at the carrier level since the msgs have to originate through their servers.
    Your username cracks me up because I used that as a kid. Palm's profile backs many useful items, but alas not text messaging. It would be nice considering how we're able to root, and extract the location and content. Deciphering it into something readable tho, is the challenge that seemingly no one wants to undertake.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I've never heard of a phone operating system allowing you to backup your txt msgs. I'm ignorant to this issue, but does IOS, Android or Blackberry give you a option in the OS to backup txt msgs? This seems like something that would need to be implemented at the carrier level since the msgs have to originate through their servers.
    With an iPhone, every time you sync it with iTunes, it backs up everything - if you lose the phone, or get a replacement from Apple for warranty reasons, if you have a recent backup, it will restore EVERYTHING - call history, SMS messages, whatever. Unless I'm just remembering wrong. I remember the phone being completely restored.
    Palm could have SMS BackUp it's only a few MB for the entire database and would be very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    With an iPhone, every time you sync it with iTunes, it backs up everything - if you lose the phone, or get a replacement from Apple for warranty reasons, if you have a recent backup, it will restore EVERYTHING - call history, SMS messages, whatever. Unless I'm just remembering wrong. I remember the phone being completely restored.
    Yeah and it only takes a year and a half to wait for it to finish.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Yeah and it only takes a year and a half to wait for it to finish.
    Ok - so you'd rather have it sync fast and not be able to recover all your data?...to each his own.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I anticipate to see more use of the long tap versus meta tap and orange/grey+tap. I would welcome this as it seems a little more intuitive, is easier one-handed and is more in line with what other OS's have standardized on.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    will we finally get a video cam?

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    This is probably more of a Sprint issue than a Palm issue, but I would love visual voicemail integrated to the OS myself. Other than that I do like what has all ready been announced. Now if we can just get more dev's on board to port stuff over from other app stores I'll be right as rain.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    will we finally get a video cam?
    What do you mean by video cam. You arent talking about the one that is there in the camera app and you tap the camera icon and switches video camera mode are you?
    I woyld like to see 720P recording just so it will match flagship Android phones. Maybe even 60FPS 720P is they can or 60FPS DVD quality video.
    I would like to see the ability to lock photo folders.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I would like to see the ability to lock photo folders.
    thats a really good idea. And i wish i could do that on my pc too. (natively)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    This is probably more of a Sprint issue than a Palm issue, but I would love visual voicemail integrated to the OS myself. Other than that I do like what has all ready been announced. Now if we can just get more dev's on board to port stuff over from other app stores I'll be right as rain.
    I agree. said it before on here. all other phones have it now (most all androids and iphones as well as some blackberries and some touchscreen feature phones. sprint has visual voicemail I think it's the coding maybe? eitherway with the pdk and hybrid apps of 2.0 we might see visual voicemail too. it will have to come eventually.
    I assume someone already suggested this but i am going to throw it out there again.

WiFi Hot Spot Like the Pre Plus.

One more thing, how about the ability to back your phone up to your PC? Like the old Windows based Palms I could sync with my Outlook with Active Sync.

I just hope they incorporate the smooth scrolling patches to reduce the drag radius
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I woyld like to see 720P recording just so it will match flagship Android phones. Maybe even 60FPS 720P is they can or 60FPS DVD quality video.
    I don't understand this obsession with 720p and I'm not sure why this is an issue. The lens in any phone is pretty much the crappiest plastic lens you can get. Even if the chip can record and process 1080p video, all you are going to get is a fuzzy recording in 1920x1080p resolution. In reality there is no reason to stress over 720p this, DVD quality that, because even if such video processing is incorporated, you will never get good quality out of your phone's camera. It's the same if you try to put your $100, 10MP camera up against my Canon 10MP DSLR. It'll blow the $100 camera out of the water every time. The 720p recording feature in any phone is nothing more than a gimmick to get you to chose that phone over another one. If you compare video quality, you are going to see little or no difference.

My friend has a 720p camcorder that cost him over $1,500. It blows consumer grade 1080p cameras out of the water. Really, the resolution (to a point) has very little to do with video or picture quality. Lens quality and compression algorithms and standards are much more important.
    Last edited by sputnik767; 09/12/2010 at 03:36 PM.