View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    skype is listed there
    I'm a little skeptical on support for Skype. The screenshot is showing the contacts app where you can simply add a contact's Skype (or other IM) name to their record. It does not indicate that actual Skype (or other IM) is actually in the build.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    VPN and better doc support tells me Palm is aiming more towards the enterprise. This is great news IMO. I really hope to see full disk encryption in the near future as this is a dealbreaker in many organizations.
    nice stuff! I'm wondering what the 'other' tab consists of in the software manager
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I have never camped out for a device before, but with this I will be camped out at my sprint store. Any one else?
    haha me niether, but for the next webos device u can count on me acting like one of the apple ******* on release date i just installed the 1 ghz patch and wow... i will have no prob waiting till the next device, my pre is def sufficient now. especially since i bought one of those $10 extended batteries on ebay. the only upgrade i care about for my phone is a slightly larger screen cuz i do a decent amount of reading on my phone, besides that the pre rocks
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    will updating to the webOS 2.0 break my MobileHotspot?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Interesting that both IPSEC & SSL VPN functionality is planned -- but what about proxy support?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Can't wait... everything I'm seeing so far is just awesome...
    Is it only me or is almost everything palm added basically offered by the patches? I mean, the auto-correct dictionary, the launcher pages? There are some new things i do like, like the stacks and VPN but don't you think we need a even BIGGER update? Compared to Evo and Iphone, we still fall short even with 2.0
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    Is it only me or is almost everything palm added basically offered by the patches?
    Why would anyone have a problem with Palm adding native functionality based on patches? Sounds like progress to me.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Is it only me or is almost everything palm added basically offered by the patches? I mean, the auto-correct dictionary, the launcher pages? There are some new things i do like, like the stacks and VPN but don't you think we need a even BIGGER update? Compared to Evo and Iphone, we still fall short even with 2.0
    But most webOS owners are not as technical or "in the know" as P|C members about patches, homebrew, etc. P|C is a really small percentage of webOS owners (minority)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    how many people do you think use preware and patches and custom kernels? hpalm isn't preware, it's a big company that has to appeal the general public (the real money maker, not patch users). the general public doesn't use or want to use preware. they want to use a product without thinking. consider all this 'patchwork' research, and whatever is applied through patches might make its way into mainstream functionality. and why create something so drastically different that what has already gotten a positive response from so many users? its all about the incremental. if hpalm were to introduce something so totally different, something so significally different that what webos has to offer, it risks losing its user base already establish (which to me, is working backwards). improve on little things here and there, make logical adjustments, innovate existing features, improve the experience.

sad to say this is big boy business, hpalm cannot cater to just one preware user who thinks they need to blow the world apart with craziness. i don't think it works like that.
    Native >>>>> Patches.
  13.    #253  
    ...but don't you think we need a even BIGGER update?...
    The information given to the press regarding some webOS 2.0 features are not the entire scope of what webOS 2.0 will bring, just the big highlights.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/07/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    YAY!!!! I'm super stoked for CISCO VPN! I go to a UC and it stinketh to have to use the guest network and always have to sign in again. Thanks PALM!!! Can't wait for the update. I'm on a verizon pre plus, so still waiting for the last update....
    maybe any leaked information is wrong and just a fake? :P think about it *muhaha*

to leak any information from the early access program is disallowed by palms NDA
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this is where to post this(if not, just tell me so ) but yeah, am I the only one who doesn't like 2.0 as much?
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    maybe any leaked information is wrong and just a fake? :P think about it *muhaha*

to leak any information from the early access program is disallowed by palms NDA
    We have gone over this kind of thing..... http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...nt-ruckus.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr1108 View Post
    What is the name of the barcode app in Preware?
    QR deCODEr
    yeah, i know this thread, but i think its just wrong. well, look. anybody who read this will spam the palm support with the question: WHEN WILL WE GET THE 2.0 UPDATE??????

it was just a small comment by me to say that the dev's will suffer about this 'cause they don't get any new information until the leaker will found and banned.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecut93 View Post
    I am not sure if this is where to post this(if not, just tell me so ) but yeah, am I the only one who doesn't like 2.0 as much?
    After being an extreme fan of webOS (and Palm in general) I have to agree with you; these leaks have yet to raise even the slightest bit of enthusiasm from me.

I think too much time has gone by and the competition has put HP\Palm squarely in the rearview mirror.

2.0 just doesn’t look like enough to get excited about, or to keep me interested enough from buying into another platform.