View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    hmmm source link:
    <<Linked Restored>>
    http://www.wibozi.com/post/69

WebOS 2.0 Beta 1
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/07/2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Possible security issue - cleared
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    i guess with google maps you can offset GPS data now with webOS 2.0. Probably means one can get google maps to work without GPS data. Any other ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think that's just a patch, if you translate the page the user/dev says Lsdiff/GNU patch are required from Preware.
    from google translate, it sounds like trying to debug GPS and contact search
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I don't think we will get a barcode app because the camera lacks autofocus and blurs anything within 2 feet. WTG Palm :/
    Check PreWare, there's already a bar code app. Some people look at problems and give up or complain (or both). Others figure a way around them.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons;
    Check PreWare, there's already a bar code app. Some people look at problems and give up or complain (or both). Others figure a way around them.
    What is the name of the barcode app in Preware?
    I just Googled WebOS 2.0 using Google Updates which polls twitter and other things and happened upon an interresting conversation on Twitter. Not sure how valid it is but here is what I saw...

‎ lquarles‎: @Supersonical_25 @maddcat_jazzboi @TeckieGirl @jabrilli @vara411 @anotherguy WebOS 2.0 Beta 1 截图~~~ | 歪脖子‎ - wibozi.com Twitter - 6700 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Well guess the word is out now....LOL. Twitter - 6251 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi lol sadly or happily yes, dependin on how you look at it i guess lol...but im not too sure if they're real Twitter - 6110 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Real yeah but it's cool. The word is out...let the apps flow... Twitter - 5389 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi i like the new dialer and all the new accounts and vpn, and skype Twitter - 5186 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Yeah now Skype is real interesting. ( front facing cam ?) VPN can be had with Preware...good for businesses.Twitter - 4932 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Dude is that the new instant messager screen...jesus...and the HTML 5 support is killer...WebOS 2.0 is gonna be the SHIZH NIT. Twitter - 4414 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi yep!! i think palm is gonna hit a homerun with 2.0, looks very polished and mature! Twitter - 1965 32 minutes ago
    That's from one of the threads from here, this morning.
  9.    #229  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I just Googled WebOS 2.0 using Google Updates which polls twitter and other things and happened upon an interresting conversation on Twitter. Not sure how valid it is but here is what I saw...

‎ lquarles‎: @Supersonical_25 @maddcat_jazzboi @TeckieGirl @jabrilli @vara411 @anotherguy WebOS 2.0 Beta 1 截图~~~ | 歪脖子‎ - wibozi.com Twitter - 6700 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Well guess the word is out now....LOL. Twitter - 6251 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi lol sadly or happily yes, dependin on how you look at it i guess lol...but im not too sure if they're real Twitter - 6110 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Real yeah but it's cool. The word is out...let the apps flow... Twitter - 5389 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi i like the new dialer and all the new accounts and vpn, and skype Twitter - 5186 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Yeah now Skype is real interesting. ( front facing cam ?) VPN can be had with Preware...good for businesses.Twitter - 4932 1 hour ago
    ‎ Maddcat_Jazzboi‎: @lquarles Dude is that the new instant messager screen...jesus...and the HTML 5 support is killer...WebOS 2.0 is gonna be the SHIZH NIT. Twitter - 4414 1 hour ago
    ‎ lquarles‎: @Maddcat_Jazzboi yep!! i think palm is gonna hit a homerun with 2.0, looks very polished and mature! Twitter - 1965 32 minutes ago
    LOL, I'm lquarles.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Upon its release, will WebOS 2.0 be available for the original Pre, Pre+, or will it only be available on new hardware?
    I don't care about flash, if someone put's up a flash website, he looses me as a customer on his site. That is it.
    I want my phone to run a day without any problems.
    I want to invite to events/meetings and write a document on my phone. I want to connect to Dropbox easy and officially and I want to have an audiorecorder in good quality.
    I like to be able to open up ANY pdf file on my phone without getting errors and I like my memos and task to integrate with my calendar...

An extra storage possibility wouldn't hurt either...

What I saw today looks promising so far...

Thanks
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    ...will WebOS 2.0 be available for the original Pre, Pre+, ...?
    Yes

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    curious does anyone think/hope we get a true visual voicemail app? The ones available now aren't really nearly as simple as a native one that uses all ur phones contacts and number.
    Too bad I wont see 2.0 until summer of 2011. Really Verizon? Why does it take soo long to get a release out?!?!?!

Pre Plus still waiting for 1.4.5.
    Nice screenshot teasers. I sure hope our old patches transfer over to webOS 2 quick though, I'd hate to lose stuff like 4x4 icons lol
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The funny thing is that icons seem huge, if you are used to 4 in a row patch... Can't wait for 2.0 to “hit the streets”...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anyone notice/point out the "category-type" labels at the top of each launcher page. Its easier to see in more of the pics at the source link, but at the tops of the pages are titles/labels like "Palm" and "Preferences". Could this be a possible feature of 2.0 allowing you to name your launcher pages for creating separate pages like a Games page, a Utilities page, a Social Network page, etc.?

Overall, 2.0 looks really really good. Lots of new features, and as others have said, looking very mature. Now get with the new hardware Palm!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    anyone know if threaded emails are in the works?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    please can anybody confirm this:
    I saw a screenshot of languages screen and the selected language is "China" .. Is that means Palm added more languages now?
    can anybody confirmed if the "Arabic language" now supported in WebOS 2.0 ?