1.    #1  
    I searched for info on Doctoring, but none seemed to easily point out my question

I have a Sprint Palm Pre with quite a few games/apps on it, and sometimes I feel its lagging vs when I first got it a year or so ago. Usually a restart helps, but sometimes I wonder if doing a webOS Doctor would speed things along?

Basically I wonder if I have a fully functional phone, if I doctor it, would I notice any speed benefits of opening apps/slight lag? Or would I be best to wait until webOS 2.0 then doctor it? For instance reformatting a PC to me makes it fly after its been sluggish.

I just have never doctored a palm phone, and it appears straight forward/easy to do as long as I back up my music/pics/docs in the usb mode and it will just refresh from my profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I searched for info on Doctoring, but none seemed to easily point out my question

I have a Sprint Palm Pre with quite a few games/apps on it, and sometimes I feel its lagging vs when I first got it a year or so ago. Usually a restart helps, but sometimes I wonder if doing a webOS Doctor would speed things along?

Basically I wonder if I have a fully functional phone, if I doctor it, would I notice any speed benefits of opening apps/slight lag? Or would I be best to wait until webOS 2.0 then doctor it? For instance reformatting a PC to me makes it fly after its been sluggish.

I just have never doctored a palm phone, and it appears straight forward/easy to do as long as I back up my music/pics/docs in the usb mode and it will just refresh from my profile?
    Use the save/restore app from preware to back up your app data before you doctor.

Pip
  3.    #3  
    I dont use preware, so i'll manually just backup some stuff, then try it...but should i expect speed gains from a doctor if my phones running mostly ok now and no crashing...just hoping for more speed.
    The DR. does not touch the usb drive,you can back up if you wish but there is no need!

Why Dr? when you can uberkernel to 800/1g. Install PreWare and click Install. way simpler and way faster. uk/1g will blow your mind
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post

Short answer: Yes doctoring will make your phone faster.

Long answer: It works read my thread here. Some of the first post give some insight on why it works. I recommend making a new profile to get the full effect. It does not matter whats in the usb drive its whats in the cryptofs and other system partitions. As pointed out above newer doctors don't even touch the usb partition so no need to backup.

Suggestion: Overclock stock Pre speed is painfull once you overclock and you go back to a normal clocked Pre you feel the difference. Its completely safe and if you use uberkernel its amazingly simple and has no downside (or risk). If you use testing kernel its harder to get installed (mostly just finding the testing feed). Otherwise its just as stable and painfree. Youll wish you did it sooner. For the largest gain I recommend doctoring with new profile then overclocking.