1.    #1  
    I have like 10k+ messages in one of my sms convos, and it gets a little slow when loading / scrolling.

I go to the main "messaging" page and swipe the convo then select delete. It goes away, but then my phone gets really laggy. If I get another text from that person or text them all the messages come back. I had to restart my phone to cure the lag, but upon doing so all the messages came back.

I also tried dling a patch that deletes all sms convos, but that didn't help. They all came back when I restarted my phone.

So, am I missing something, or does my Pre just no want to delete my convo history?
    Yes, you are missing something. It just takes a loooooong time to delete that many messages. When I did it on my Pre, it deleted about 1500 per hour. At that rate it would take almost 7 hours to delete 10,000 messages.

And more than likely, they all did not come back, it deletes the oldest ones first, so the new ones will be the last to go. What you see when you re-enter the thread are the newest ones. In order to know you have 10k messages in a thread, must have the message count patch. When I swiped my 2500 message convo away, I kept re-opening it every once in a while and could see the count decreasing -- try that. If it doesn't decrease it at all, perhaps there is an overflow condition occurring trying to delete them and it stops.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I think I recall the count being ~ 300 higher that it is now so some must have deleted. I was unsure about my recollection of the count tho. I will just let it sit for a while then.
    Last edited by Dethredic; 08/31/2010 at 06:51 AM.
    if you receive a text or open up the messaging app while it's deleting it will stop the deletion process. My advice is to delete before going to bed and leave it alone till morning and you should be fine.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    let me know if it worked out for you !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you receive a text or open up the messaging app while it's deleting it will stop the deletion process.
    I didn't experience this. I was in and out of the messaging app several times checking the progress, and did it not interrupt the process (a swipe-delete.. not the patch). I do not believe I received any text messages during that time either -- perhaps that is the difference. To be safe, you can always put your phone in airplane mode if you don't want to chance it.