Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i tried to get onto my school's website on my pre, but it told me my browser is not supported. what could cause this. it allows all other common browsers like IE firefox macOS,etc.

also if it is blocked how hard would it be for the school admin to allow this to work

ps. this is twice they have blocked me from being a good stufent. the other is with email
    the real question is whether it works with iPhone and Android phones. It could be that it just doesn't recognize the browser but it will work. Or, it could be it is looking for flash, a particular cookie mechanism, etc.

iPhone, webOS, and Android all use the webkit browser. So if one works, they all should.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Is google set as your search engine?
    None of those should matter. Pre and Pixi use the same browser, and google isn't part of the equation.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    oh oups just looked again and it's not macOS, just safari. But ya I just don't think they like mobile brousers since they have a no phone usage on campus philosophy... But if they have a strict firewall, is it possible to regulate what browsers can and can't access a sight?
    (FYI) It is... Sprint pre only have google as their search engine, while other carriers dont.
    True, but irrelevant to the OP question.
    (FYI) It is... Sprint pre only have google as their search engine, while other carriers dont.
    Actually, what his search engine is set for has nothing to do with the issue. That's like having a car that doesn't start and asking what the station the radio is set to

As worker said, the site may be set for some optimization like IE only (for some reason), but could completely Flash heavy or something (but you would get the Flash icon for that one). Best suggestion above would be to see if it can be accessed via another phone browser. Also, try running the iphone spoof patch and see what happens. It would be strange that they wouldn't allow a mobile device to access unless there is some strange proxy setting, or if the IP address your phone is using at that time is on a blocked list because of spammers. Not sure how the system assigns IP addresses, but you could try turning the Airplane mode on and then off, or restarting the device to see if a new IP address gets assigned. Just shooting from the hip on these...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/30/2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    True, but irrelevant to the OP question.
    Whether it's irrelevant or not.. did the op get his issue/problem resolve.