1.    #1  
    I'm sick of waiting for 1.4.5 while awesome games and patches are passing me by. Since Sprint's WebOS 1.4.5 doctor is available, what's the risk of doctoring my Verizon Pre+ with it? That will give me 1.4.5 on my VZ phone right? If the only risk is that I'll have to re-doctor when VZ's 1.4.5 comes out, then so be it. At least I'll enjoy the wait while I'm playing Angry Birds and using Advanced Configuration for App Launcher.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Cant be done the DR will still recognize your phone as a Verizon Pre and wont run.

Your going to have to wait, sorry!

But hey at least you got double the memory! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Cant be done the DR will still recognize your phone as a Verizon Pre and wont run.
    I suppose there's no way around this? Ay, homebrewers?
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    do a search for metaDr but im pretty sure you wont be able to use the phone part if you go that route.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    do a search for metaDr but im pretty sure you wont be able to use the phone part if you go that route.
    And if it did run, the app catalog would still know you shouldn't be able to get things that are 1.4.5 specific and prevent you from getting gaming goodness.

It's frustrating.
    stupid vzw..... I can hear some angry birds calling my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by melgibson666 View Post
    stupid vzw..... I can hear some angry birds calling my name.
    Agreed! I placed a service message on Verizons support website asking when the 1.4.5 update would be out and a service rep called me to say that they have no schedule as to when WebOS 1.4.5 would be released and offered their apologies. Some help!

I must kill pigs!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm betting they will skip to the next release. Hopefully that will be 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'm betting they will skip to the next release. Hopefully that will be 2.0?
    You’re probably right! That is what I suspect also – If 2.0 drops in September or October and Verizon comes out with 1.4.5 now, it will be January before Verizon users will see 2.0
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    seriously, what security issue is there that vzw can't release the update now? WebOS uses make up a SMALL proportion of their user database. Even with android and blackberry they are slow to push updates. I just don't get why vzw is like this. They release new devices after supposedly testing them rigorously, only to have the devices come out with buggy software. Look at the original storm, my wife bought the incredible which she returned for the droid 2 because the incredible was buggy. And sure enough the droid 2 is also buggy. Back to webOS, there was the keyboard issues with the pre plus and the well known and still lingering gps issue.

so they are releasing phones with bugs anyway...just release 1.4.5 and the small webOS user base,where JR, the webOS internals team along with our gps experts and patch writers will fix the rest. Or perhaps they should be hired by vzw to test the software since they are GrEAT at it.
    verizons trying to force people over to droid phones...
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    This is why am happy my girl has a sprint pre. I can play angry birds while i wait for 1.4.5 or 2.0 to come out of beta.