1.    #1  
    I think that we are all hoping that the next device bakes in a lot of the patches that we all already use. There are even patch suits being released now that are fantastic like advanced launcher config and such, but my favorite parts of the phone all have their origin in the devoted developers that have championed the device like Jason and Rod.

That being said i would never have known about any of it if it were not for Pre Central. I know HP cant openly support overclocking and that they have openly embraced homebrew numerous times, but i believe that they need to do more.

When the next device launches they need to put an emphasis on the community instead of tripy Zen videos (that they don't let you skip). A default link in the bookmarks would be nice. A clip here or there showing what the site is and what it provides.

I just think that the platform today would be more successful if more people knew about the potential of the phone. Lets be honest when the employees at the carriers do not know how to use the phone how can you expect Joe Shmoe to.
  2.    #2  
    an App like Dr. Podder with Pre Central podcast as a default.

Buy Hombrew commercials instead of sending free phones that the creator obviously already had.

Make a default theme app and or give themes a place in the market place.

Anyone have any other ideas on how Hp can inform the general consumer.
    Very good.. I wish HP/Palm could see this. ^_^
    I agree. It sgould come as the default homepage...
  5.    #5  
    ....here is to hoping they do.... something tells me they read these boards a lot if just for thier own egos! I know i would
  6.    #6  
    precental unofficial app is fabulous aswell.
    If nothing else, HP needs to “leak” any new announcements through pre|central so they have the lead story. It sux to see Engadget get all the great first line stories.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Like any corporation, if they were to link to an online community I imagine they would like to link one they owned, not a 3rd party community. As much as the community here at P|C supports Hpalm and its products, I don't think it is a good idea for either HPalm or precentral. For HPalm, there is too much risk to directly link to a community they do not control. They want their users to interact with CS through certain method they can control. Also PC may be supportive of their products now, but that may not always be the case. Secondly, I imagine PC admin here wants to maintain an independent status from Hpalm. The goal of PC is to provide he best community for PRE users, not to necessarily support Hpalm. Just my .02...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Advanced Configuration for Launcher should be incorporated into webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Like any corporation, if they were to link to an online community I imagine they would like to link one they owned, not a 3rd party community. As much as the community here at P|C supports Hpalm and its products, I don't think it is a good idea for either HPalm or precentral. For HPalm, there is too much risk to directly link to a community they do not control. They want their users to interact with CS through certain method they can control. Also PC may be supportive of their products now, but that may not always be the case. Secondly, I imagine PC admin here wants to maintain an independent status from Hpalm. The goal of PC is to provide he best community for PRE users, not to necessarily support Hpalm. Just my .02...
    Exactly.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Plus... they wouldn't want to take a chance of alienating another tech blog/forum by not linking to them. If they linked to one, they'd have to link to all and there would always be someone complaining "why them and not us?". So better/easier to just not link any but those you actually own.
  12.    #12  
    Admins may want independence, but a default bookmark does not exactly deem ownership. Secondly i bet you guys would sell an extra accessory or two....but thats just my $.03.
  13.    #13  
    Sounds like they need to create a rival for you guys then! jk The point of this post is that the community is so strong if one finds it. HP needs to find a way to provide better access to it whether it be Pre Central or x form/blog. The reason why i mentioned PC is that i would consider PC to be the authority in my limited experience. Most stories on Engadget are sourced from here. (its how i found it)
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If nothing else, HP needs to “leak” any new announcements through pre|central so they have the lead story. It sux to see Engadget get all the great first line stories.
    I swear I said "LEAK" not "link" in my earlier post. I also don't think that HP or Palm should LINK to P|C.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Admins may want independence, but a default bookmark does not exactly deem ownership. Secondly i bet you guys would sell an extra accessory or two....but thats just my $.03.

The mods here are all volunteers from the community. We don't get paid anything and have no relationship with the PC store fyi...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    The mods here are all volunteers from the community. We don't get paid anything and have no relationship with the PC store fyi...
    by the way, who owns PreCentral? I know it's SME, but who are the actual people?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    by the way, who owns PreCentral? I know it's SME, but who are the actual people?

http://www.smartphoneexperts.com/staff