1.    #1  
    OK since update, I cant get WOSQI to work. The problem seems to be that I failed to remove the Animated Background patch before doing the update. Novacom, JAVA, and Developer mode are on, and up to date.

I have removed and updated the WOSQI, and Doctor also.

I once accidentally doctored my phone, and while it wasnt as scary as I thought it could have been, I spent lots of time restoring the look and feel back to where it was. Lost some stuff but its a learning experience. I would hate to have to do this again but fear I may have to. Geez the stock Pre is dull!! Thank you HomeBrew gang for everything you do!

I dont know how to do the partial Doctor thing. Im running an original Sprint Pre, and have downloaded the Sprint Doctor.

Any suggestions gang? Thank you in advance!
  2.    #2  
    First it says that it appears that the OS has been updated, and asks if I want to update patches. When I click yes it notes seeing an unreversed patch and whether I want to ignore it. Then something about 2 out of 2 hunks being ignored. Then it drops out to tweaks page and does the same thing again.

Thank you!
    Ok, lets start over. What are you trying to do? Do you have preware enable on your phone? Are you able to use webosQI? Which one of these issue are you experiencing?
  4.    #4  
    Preware is installed and working well. It identifies the Animated Background patch as being there but cannot update or remove it.

The webosQI runs into a problem when I initiate tweaks. Thats where it identifies that the current OS has been updated and tries to bring the exixting patches up to date with the current OS update and gives the error message about unreversed patches and hunks being ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Preware is installed and working well. It identifies the Animated Background patch as being there but cannot update or remove it.

The webosQI runs into a problem when I initiate tweaks. Thats where it identifies that the current OS has been updated and tries to bring the exixting patches up to date with the current OS update and gives the error message about unreversed patches and hunks being ignored.
    Now I understand you correctly. Run EPR in Preware, and you'll be find. (Emergency Patch Recovery)

Good Luck.
  6.    #6  
    ipkg log

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches,misc-animated-backgrounds,prerm2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore-R? [n]
    Appy anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palmapp.phone/stylesheets/phone.css.rej

I have no clue what this all means!
  7.    #7  
    I dont see how to access EPR from Preware?
  8.    #8  
    i found it - installing now!
  9.    #9  
    OK - All my patches seem to have been removed, including the Animated Background patch that seems to have been giving me the problem. Now to reinstall patches.

AND webosQI is letting me in!!

You sir are amazing - MANY Thanks!!