Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Palm just ticked me off.. I needed a new case for my Pixi, the Magnets for the door came off. So palm sent me a new one out, Took less than 20 mins.

Got the case today.. But its for the Pre. I've been in chat with palm for over an hour.. Here it is!!

1:19 PM Connecting...
    1:19 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    1:19 PM Support session established with Angela.

1:19 PM Angela: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Angela. How can I help you today?
    1:20 PM Ryan Boyer: My flap door from my Pixi plus was brike, so you guys sent me a new case, but its for the pre.
    1:20 PM Angela: I’m sorry for any trouble this may have caused.
    1:21 PM Ryan Boyer: ZIts alright
    1:21 PM Angela: I'll do my best to correct this.
    1:22 PM Ryan Boyer: Ok.
    1:22 PM Angela: You received a back for Pre instead of a Pixi?
    1:22 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct
    1:23 PM Angela: Let me check it here. Do you have a Service Request Number for that transaction?
    1:24 PM Ryan Boyer: I dont, there is a # on the package though.
    1:24 PM Angela: Please check. Did you contact Palm voice support for the back cover?
    1:25 PM Ryan Boyer: No i did it through chat.
    1:25 PM Ryan Boyer: the # is 5151887130701
    1:25 PM Angela: Do you have a Chat Session ID?
    1:26 PM Ryan Boyer: No i don't
    1:26 PM Angela: I see. Can I have 3 minutes to work on this?
    1:27 PM Ryan Boyer: wait the # is S1-51887130701
    1:27 PM Ryan Boyer: sure
    1:27 PM Angela: Thank you.
    1:31 PM Angela: Is the back cover that you have received a plastic back cover? Not the rubber one (for Pixi)?
    1:32 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct, its a touchstone Pre cover. I need the Touchstone Pixi back cover
    1:33 PM Angela: It won't fit on your phone?
    1:33 PM Ryan Boyer: no its completly different
    1:34 PM Angela: I see.Just give me one moment.
    1:34 PM Ryan Boyer: ok
    1:34 PM Angela: Can I verify your shipping address?
    1:35 PM Ryan Boyer: <MY ADDRESS>
    1:35 PM Angela: Thank you. I'll have this case investigated by our Shipping Department.
    1:36 PM Ryan Boyer: when will i get a new case? I need a new one
    1:36 PM Angela: So that we can send the correct one for you.
    1:37 PM Angela: I understand. Is it possible for you to send that wrong cover back to us?
    1:37 PM Ryan Boyer: are you gonna pay for shipping?
    1:38 PM Angela: Just give me one moment again.
    1:40 PM Ryan Boyer: ok
    1:48 PM Ryan Boyer: are you there?
    1:48 PM Angela: I'm sorry for the long hold. Thank you for patiently waiting.
    1:49 PM Angela: Do you still have the receipt of the touchstone charger that you have purchased?
    1:50 PM Ryan Boyer: the case?
    1:50 PM Angela: The touchstone charger?
    1:50 PM Ryan Boyer: no i bought that off verizon.com
    1:51 PM Angela: How about the case?
    1:51 PM Ryan Boyer: same
    1:57 PM Angela: Thank you.
    1:58 PM Angela: What you needed is the Standard Back Cover, Touchstone (Black) (Pixi). Right?
    1:59 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct
    2:05 PM Angela: Okay.
    2:08 PM Ryan Boyer: are you there? i have to leave soon
    2:09 PM Angela: I'm sorry.
    2:10 PM Angela: Can you send the Proof of Purchase of the Touchstone charger that you bought from Verizon?
    2:13 PM Angela: Ryan, are you still there?
    2:13 PM Ryan Boyer: yes the only thing i have is an e-mail
    2:14 PM Angela: Email from Verizon. Right?
    2:14 PM Ryan Boyer: yes
    2:15 PM Angela: Are you able to print that out and fax it to us?
    2:15 PM Ryan Boyer: I dont have a fax machine.
    2:16 PM Angela: Are you able to go to a Verizon store and have it fax to us?
    2:19 PM Ryan Boyer: Just forget it. So much for customer service. I didn't make the mistake in sending the wrong case. I don't understand why you can't send me the correct one. I have no problem sending this one back, but i shouldn't have to pay to send it back. Just don't even worry about it.

I have the e-mail, i just shouldn't have to do this much crap to fix their mistake.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/27/2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE - This is a PG13 forum.
    <<Thread renamed to conform to Forum Guidelines>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Can you send me a private message with your service request number and verify your shipping address.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 08/27/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Wow, that made me mad just reading it. Let's hope you just got a trainee and this is not typical of Palm's Support staff.
    the title and OP makes me mad. Mistakes happen.

of ourse this couldn't happen with another phone maker. I hope the OP will change the very nasty title to something less mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    <<Thread renamed to conform to Forum Guidelines>>
    the new title conforms? I got annoyed just reading that the OP got annoyed.

gotta turn that frown upside down.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/27/2010 at 05:03 PM.
    ryleyinstl: bwaaahahahaha!!!!! "has angered me greatly." Awesome!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Palm's official support is terrible, I'd agree. (No offense to those such as HeartBeatZ who do their best to help everyone, but in my experience, in general, Palm's support and general public relations are dire).

I've had one incredibly frustrating encounter on the chat thing, and my boyfriend (who's Pre has numerous issues) has had some terrible encounters with them this week. He had a 2.5 hour chat with them online (due to the infuriatingly slow replies and ridiculous repeated questioning and clarification of unnecessary information). The support person eventually gave him phone numbers to call instead as they wanted to leave for the night. The first number was the wrong number, the second got through to support but they kept hanging up, and a third number yielded a similar result with operatives hanging up on him before he even got to say Hello.

It really is some terrible customer service. I love my phone, and have influenced a number of friends to get Pres, but the customer service is absolutely appalling. For a company of any size, it's embarrassing. I hope Palm sort it out ASAP.

Needless to say, my boyfriend is still living with a Pre which he can't even make calls on because of some strange crackling on the line.
    vf percent of your support issues should be handled by calling your carrier. That's a big part of your problem.

on the few moments if gone to palm for help, they were great. They even had escalation engineers call me back to help with a particularly nasty bug.

hmmmm. Expectations might be somewhat askew.

call your carrier first. Always.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    call your carrier first. Always.
    If it's a hardware related issue, and the phone's in warranty I think it makes more sense to deal directly with the manufacturer, who should be better qualified to deal with the issue rather than a carrier who usually doesn't know much about the workings of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    If it's a hardware related issue, and the phone's in warranty I think it makes more sense to deal directly with the manufacturer, who should be better qualified to deal with the issue rather than a carrier who usually doesn't know much about the workings of the phone.
    that is especially wrong regarding phones. Each phone is specific to the carrier. The carriers carry paets, handle refurbs, etc. That's true for every phone. Call the carrier first.
    I usually go to the carrier first, even if is a hardware issue. Since they usually have your proof of purchase on their computer and have replacement parts and such in stock at the store. If they have it, They usually just give you a replacement and send you on your way. No waiting.

I let them deal w/ palm
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    that is especially wrong regarding phones. Each phone is specific to the carrier. The carriers carry paets, handle refurbs, etc. That's true for every phone. Call the carrier first.
    Even if that is true (which I still disagree with personally), if Palm provide a warranty and support services, I think they have a responsibility to their customers to actually provide decent support. By not doing so, it angers customers (like me and the OP), and damages their reputation. That's surely the most important thing, regardless of what you feel other customers' expectations should be.

Whatever you think other peoples' expectations are, you surely can't condone the type of service people appear to be getting... Like being hung up on, and having ridiculously drawn out and rambling chat sessions?

To give a comparison, with the iPhone 4's reception issues, people complained to Apple, not the carriers and rightly so. It damaged Apple's reputation to some extent. As it should have. Same principles apply with Palm.
    you can fight to be right, or you can focus on getting your problem solved.

I'm telling you what works, and some reasons why. Feel free to keep banging your head against the wall.

the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

as I said. In 13 years as a palm customer, I have never had a bad support outcome when I have contavted them. In 7 years with verizon, I've always had my problem solved. And I have surely had problems, and I'm not shy about calling.

but I call the carrier first unless it's purely a complicated webos issue - then I start by getting answers from helpful precentral members.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    To give a comparison, with the iPhone 4's reception issues, people complained to Apple, not the carriers and rightly so. It damaged Apple's reputation to some extent. As it should have. Same principles apply with Palm.
    Actually they complained to everyone and anyone that would listen... They were all over the AT&T forums and guess what Apple was deleting the posts. Not all but a majority of them. On top of this Apple sells the phone out of their Apple store... Do you have a Samsung, Nokia, LG, Palm, (etc etc) store near you that you can go to to have them help? Every single phone I have owned the Manufacturer asked me to go to the store (carrier) and get it taken care of.. Why because it's fast to go to the store then to wait 2-3 days and hope it gets to me. Why.. because the carrier has the proof that I purchased it from them. Even when I leave my carrier with the phone they ALWAYS tell me to either call Carrier Phone support or Come back to the Store before contacting the manufacture. They are the ones getting paid to deal with the manufacture not me
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Remember too that one NEVER deals with a "company" or a "manufacturer", but with an individual. In this case, an individual who took a job at a call center for customer service. No fun, and not a lot of requirements.

Look around you in a public place. What would you estimate the average IQ is?

'nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Palm just ticked me off.. I needed a new case for my Pixi, the Magnets for the door came off. So palm sent me a new one out, Took less than 20 mins.

Got the case today.. But its for the Pre. I've been in chat with palm for over an hour.. Here it is!!

1:19 PM Connecting...
    1:19 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    1:19 PM Support session established with Angela.

1:19 PM Angela: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Angela. How can I help you today?
    1:20 PM Ryan Boyer: My flap door from my Pixi plus was brike, so you guys sent me a new case, but its for the pre.
    1:20 PM Angela: Im sorry for any trouble this may have caused.
    1:21 PM Ryan Boyer: ZIts alright
    1:21 PM Angela: I'll do my best to correct this.
    1:22 PM Ryan Boyer: Ok.
    1:22 PM Angela: You received a back for Pre instead of a Pixi?
    1:22 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct
    1:23 PM Angela: Let me check it here. Do you have a Service Request Number for that transaction?
    1:24 PM Ryan Boyer: I dont, there is a # on the package though.
    1:24 PM Angela: Please check. Did you contact Palm voice support for the back cover?
    1:25 PM Ryan Boyer: No i did it through chat.

1:25 PM Ryan Boyer: the # is 5151887130701
    1:25 PM Angela: Do you have a Chat Session ID?
    1:26 PM Ryan Boyer: No i don't

1:26 PM Angela: I see. Can I have 3 minutes to work on this?
    1:27 PM Ryan Boyer: wait the # is S1-51887130701
    1:27 PM Ryan Boyer: sure
    1:27 PM Angela: Thank you.
    1:31 PM Angela: Is the back cover that you have received a plastic back cover? Not the rubber one (for Pixi)?
    1:32 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct, its a touchstone Pre cover. I need the Touchstone Pixi back cover
    1:33 PM Angela: It won't fit on your phone?
    1:33 PM Ryan Boyer: no its completly different
    1:34 PM Angela: I see.Just give me one moment.
    1:34 PM Ryan Boyer: ok
    1:34 PM Angela: Can I verify your shipping address?
    1:35 PM Ryan Boyer: <MY ADDRESS>
    1:35 PM Angela: Thank you. I'll have this case investigated by our Shipping Department.
    1:36 PM Ryan Boyer: when will i get a new case? I need a new one
    1:36 PM Angela: So that we can send the correct one for you.
    1:37 PM Angela: I understand. Is it possible for you to send that wrong cover back to us?
    1:37 PM Ryan Boyer: are you gonna pay for shipping?
    1:38 PM Angela: Just give me one moment again.
    1:40 PM Ryan Boyer: ok
    1:48 PM Ryan Boyer: are you there?
    1:48 PM Angela: I'm sorry for the long hold. Thank you for patiently waiting.
    1:49 PM Angela: Do you still have the receipt of the touchstone charger that you have purchased?
    1:50 PM Ryan Boyer: the case?
    1:50 PM Angela: The touchstone charger?
    1:50 PM Ryan Boyer: no i bought that off verizon.com

1:51 PM Angela: How about the case?
    1:51 PM Ryan Boyer: same
    1:57 PM Angela: Thank you.
    1:58 PM Angela: What you needed is the Standard Back Cover, Touchstone (Black) (Pixi). Right?
    1:59 PM Ryan Boyer: Correct
    2:05 PM Angela: Okay.
    2:08 PM Ryan Boyer: are you there? i have to leave soon
    2:09 PM Angela: I'm sorry.
    2:10 PM Angela: Can you send the Proof of Purchase of the Touchstone charger that you bought from Verizon?
    2:13 PM Angela: Ryan, are you still there?
    2:13 PM Ryan Boyer: yes the only thing i have is an e-mail

2:14 PM Angela: Email from Verizon. Right?
    2:14 PM Ryan Boyer: yes
    2:15 PM Angela: Are you able to print that out and fax it to us?
    2:15 PM Ryan Boyer: I dont have a fax machine.

2:16 PM Angela: Are you able to go to a Verizon store and have it fax to us?
    2:19 PM Ryan Boyer: Just forget it. So much for customer service. I didn't make the mistake in sending the wrong case. I don't understand why you can't send me the correct one. I have no problem sending this one back, but i shouldn't have to pay to send it back. Just don't even worry about it.

I have the e-mail, i just shouldn't have to do this much crap to fix their mistake.
    ARE YOU KIDDING?!! You are complaining about Palm support? Every time you are requested some type of information you say you don't have it. You can't even fax an email to certify proof of purchase and then you come on here to whine? How can you call this bad CS? What a joke...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah, I agree with Gaurav... the support isn't terrible (it's quite good in fact), YOU are terrible at using the support. They've helped me 4 out of 4 problems now with great efficiency.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDING?!! You are complaining about Palm support? Every time you are requested some type of information you say you don't have it. You can't even fax an email to certify proof of purchase and then you come on here to whine? How can you call this bad CS? What a joke...
    Are you kidding? Not everyone has a fax a machine! I had the e-mail,and the e-mail is the only thing Verizon sends out! I was willing to send it over chat, or forward it to them, they wouldn't take it. I shouldn't have to go to great lengths just to prove they are wrong. I know its a 4 dollar case at RS, but its the fact of the matter than Palm wouldn't stand by their products. Who actually writes down the Chat session ID?

They didn't ask for any of this before, they were more than willing to help me out.

About 30 minutes after my last post on the chat, they finally gave up and sent me the correct one.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    When you order anything from Verizon.com (or any other major commercial site, i.e. RadioSack) you get a paper copy of your receipt in the box. Check your box. I get receipts all the time when I order online. Including from Verizon.

Most companies want a physical copy of proof of purchase for auditing purposes. Hence the fax request. I'm not saying that the fax request is not a pain in the ***, but it's not surprising that they asked for it. You didn't purchase the item from them, so they have no record.
    Last edited by RafRol; 08/28/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast