Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if you have a computer, you have a fax machine. The request for proof does not seem out of line, in addition why bother woth palm, wouldn't it have been easier to get it from verizon? When the girlfriends pixi had a similar issue sprint gave me a new one same day.
    The chat log is really not flattering to the OP.

basically, I have to agree with the person who said contact the carrier. This is even more evident in this case, where everything reroutes to, "Well, uh, ah, i bought from Verizon!"
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    The chat log is really not flattering to the OP.

basically, I have to agree with the person who said contact the carrier. This is even more evident in this case, where everything reroutes to, "Well, uh, ah, i bought from Verizon!"
    yep, the deeper the hole - the faster he digs.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    seems like the palm rep was just trying to get information about the transaction so she could help get it all sorted.
    Wow, you're a pleasant customer. Maybe you should actually be polite and have some patience, because it sounds like you're far more frustrating to work with.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    seems like the palm rep was just trying to get information about the transaction so she could help get it all sorted.
    they have a script they have to follow. People that fight against that never get very far, as the OP has proven. I bet he wishes he hadn't posted his xhat session, because we are overwhelmingly disagreeing with him
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    Wow, you're a pleasant customer. Maybe you should actually be polite and have some patience, because it sounds like you're far more frustrating to work with.
    When it takes an hour and 30 minutes to do a 20 minute job, yes i get inpatient. Heck, as i was looking for that e-mail she replied within 3 minutes asking if i was still there. There was a point that 10 minutes went by and she never said anything.

They never asked for a receipt the first time, so why ask about it now? And yes, if I had been waiting for a new case, and got the wrong one, ANYONE would be mad. Like i said, i would be more than willing to send it via e-mail or over file transfer through the chat. I don't really see how it's any different than sending it via fax.

How exactly do i have a fax machine if a have a computer? I don't even have a scanner to scan documents.

The chat went on after i posted this. I told her that i was sorry for going off on her and i understood that there are rules that she has to go by, and if she would have it her way she would do what was right and fix the problem right away. She understood what i was saying.

I work in retail people. I know you gotta to stuff by the book sometimes, and sometimes you gotta do whats right. This is probably the time she had to do it by the book, which is why i apologized to her.

I would have contacted Verizon, but i know how crappy their customer service is.

I do kinda regret saying that they "Angered" me. It's more like I didn't have the time to do something I had just done 5 days ago to receive the correct case. Although i know they have rules to follow, i just didn't see how something this simple should have taken this long to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post

How exactly do i have a fax machine if a have a computer? I don't even have a scanner to scan documents.
    If you have a Mac, just select the email, choose File-Print then choose PDF which gives option to Fax the Pdf.

Windows is very similar, but I canīt remember exact steps. Itīs easy though. Any computer with an internet connection can do this. Works with documents, etc. also.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    they have a script they have to follow. People that fight against that never get very far, as the OP has proven. I bet he wishes he hadn't posted his xhat session, because we are overwhelmingly disagreeing with him
    You're overwhelmingly being patronising and arrogant.

I agree with the OP the system of them following a script and using multiple computers makes the process incredibly slow and frustrating. As he says, what should have been a quick job turned into a needlessly rambling chat. Not the agent's fault perhaps, but definitely the system's.

And in my partner's case, hanging up on the customer before they even get to speak is never acceptable.

Perhaps both of us should've spoken to our carriers first, but any company which provides support should do so professionally and efficiently, something which from my experiences with them, I feel Palm doesn't. All it serves to do is damage their reputation, as much as those who will go to great lengths to defend Palm will deny.
    I'm not defending palm. I'm saying that if you understand how support works you can use it to get what you need. If you want to be obstinant and rude, results will often fall short.

you can deal with the world as you wish it to be, or the way it really is. The wireless phone industry is set up the same way for every arrier and manufacturer.

reality isn't the same as patronizing. Try calling htc or google and see how that goes for you. You will have the same unhelpful outcome.
    I think we are done here....

<<Thread Closed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12