Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm very use to swiping up to open/close my launcer and minimize my apps. It seems I have not used my center button in a very long time and dont think i'll be using it anytime soon. Was just wondering who else have not used this center button.
    Have not touched it in over a year. My wife on the other hand clicks it to minimize cards exclusively.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I've never used it. Only purpose I've used it for is notifications.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I've never used it. Only purpose I've used it for is notifications.
    ^^ What he said
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Agreed, like it for notifications too. That's all it's good for.
    I use it to minimize cards as I usually have quite a few open and obviously for notifications.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess I use it a lot as the initial command to wake up the Pre, especially if I have notifications pending (since it's begging for attention).
    I often leave my slider open and I will use the center button to wake the screen up instead of trying to reach around to the power button.

I also use my center button occasionally for standard use, too.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    I often leave my slider open and I will use the center button to wake the screen up instead of trying to reach around to the power button.

I just hit the space bar when I leave it open to wake it back up... don't really know why, but I always have.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    I just hit the space bar when I leave it open to wake it back up... don't really know why, but I always have.
    +1
    i use it endlessly! it even started wearing some of the pearl finish off of it. who wants to swipe up to minimize. when with 1 hand you can click it. less energy
    I also keep my pre open most of the time unless its in my pocket or the like. I use the button for wake up and for minimizing cards constantly.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i use it endlessly! it even started wearing some of the pearl finish off of it. who wants to swipe up to minimize. when with 1 hand you can click it. less energy
    I find the small swipe up with my thumb uses much less energy than having to position the phone and my thumb just right to hit the button. And the swipe up only has to be like half a centimeter to register.

And what's nice is you do one quick swipe up to minimize and another to bring up the launcher. No additional taps necessary.
    Its mechanical so it works every time I use it and isn't dependent on the same level of touch sensitivity you get with a screen. Mark another one down for finding it convenient to have this option.
    Ahhhh! I knew I saw this thread somewhere before.

As ryleyinstl said above, I almost never use it, but my wife does all the time. I don't know why I think it's so funny when I see her do it, but it just seems so strange to me now.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Its a habit I was only able to kick after getting a pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post

+1
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I switch between using it or the swipe. Whichever is more convenient. Most of its use is from wake up when the keyboard is open. I need to shift the entire phone to get the gesture in. I like it and wish they would make it more accessible to the homebrew community. I'd like to give it the power button wake up functionality and give the power button wake And unlock functionality.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I use my center button all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast