1.    #1  
    i came across this a while ago after wanting to paste a URL link into a new card, but thought...hmm...what if i could be lazier.
    soooo i found a way to paste into universal search
    sans patches or any technological tampering whatsoever.
    what you do first is copy the link, or text or what have you, onto the clipboard
    (meta tap+c) of course
    then go into card view to view the homescreen
    type a letter into universal search. any letter doesnt matter.
    then delete it with the backspace button. then just (meta tap+v) and your copied text/link appears in universal search so you can easily open the link there with the 5th bottom bar or google search or what ever. questions?
    Nice tip! Thanks
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    If you just go to the Launcher view and hit 'paste' (meta-v) it will paste into the Universal Search.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    If you just go to the Launcher view and hit 'paste' (meta-v) it will paste into the Universal Search.
    for some reason that didnt work for me before D:
    Nice tip. May come in handy one day. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Wow! That is the coolest tip I've seen in a while. Thanks!
    cool. That's worthy of the daily tip on page 1 !!
    Hummm

This doesn't work for me. I have no launcher patches loaded but have previously used a couple. When I try this as soon as I backspace the Universal Search dialog vanishes. Then when I hit Gesture+V I get a screen that shows what I copied in the Universal Search screen - but as soon as I life my finger from the gesture area - it's gone.

I'm using a Pre Plus and I wonder if that's related?

What I have figured out is that if I do something after the paste that doesn't remove my finger by lifting - for example pressing the option key on the keyboard or sliding my finger over and down away from the center of the gesture area over the LED's then this works.