Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got word that, as part of my ongoing discussions with Verizon Wireless about solving the Pre Plus GPS problems, I've been asked to have a conference call with some folks there tomorrow (Wednesday) a.m. I've got my own list of thoughts and questions (and yes, "Where's 1.4.5?" is high on that list), but I am starting this thread to give my fellow PreCentral community members a chance to have at least some indirect input into the conversation.

I can't promise to ask everything, nor will I be uncivil, but if you'd like to offer a thought, link or other idea that I might be able to share with Verizon Wireless, please add it to the thread below, and thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Perhaps a bit off your intended topic, but it would be nice to put another bug in their ear about NFL Mobile.

And thanks for taking this so far as to get some attention. That's great.
    Awesome! The GPS issue would be #1, then #2 should be 1.4.5 in my book. May I add a question for VZW- will you keep offering MobileHotspot for free? And also, I'd love to ask them if they will advertise and promote Palm webOS and Palm smartphones more aggressively in the future? Thanks Good luck!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
    My issues are in this order:

1 - GPS
    2- 1.4.5.
    3 - NFL Mobile

Anything else is just icing on the cake.
    yes, ask them if something changed over the last month or so. I've been using the VZ Navigator as a paid app, and it often loses it's lock, or stops tracking me, or sometimes even tells me I'm miles away from my actual location.

Usually about 5 minutes with the GPSfix app will get it running, but by then I'm using my Garmin so I don't have a wreck (or get a ticket).

Something has to have changed because it was working fine before that. If nothing changed, I'm off to the doctor.
    hopefully ebags33 and spdsk8tr will also offer input. did you send them a PM?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    hopefully ebags33 and spdsk8tr will also offer input. did you send them a PM?
    Good point. E-mailing them both directly now. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Please ask them why 1.4.5 is taking so much longer than Sprint. And if possible if they try to give you the runaround keep bringing it you until they give you a straightfoward answer.
    I second headgamer's list.

I'm not going to give you any advice on how to handle the call since you have already been far more successful at getting to verizon than I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post

1 - GPS
    2- 1.4.5.
    3 - NFL Mobile

+1 on item but not in that order
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    awesome! Also pplease ask about v cast apps for webOS. Really want those! And the Indy racing app!
    Personally I think you need to stick to the GPS issue and not abuse the opportunity.

We know that 1.4.5 is almost here, and if this meeting goes well you will have more opportunities to ask about other stuff. Most of those issues will probably be determined in the 2.0 release, so I hope you don't waste time talking about stuff that going to play out in the next few months.

Just get them to fix the GPS so I can recommend this to friends that need location-based apps to work. This isn't about a $10 GPS program, it's about having a phone that integrates with social media and a web lifestyle but can't figure out where you are accurately to do a foursquare check in.

My 2 cents
    I got one! How about asking if the palm ple plus will continue to receive updates eg webOS 2.0 after it's been phased out.
    #1 GPS
    #2 1.4.5
    #3 GPS
    #4 1.4.5
    #3 How long is the pre supported (i.e. how many years after the Jan 2010 release date) with carrier supported updates.
    #5 GPS

Don't bring up the free status of hotspot. Don't give them any ideas about starting to charge for it.

Stan
    Stan Toney
    ---
    My Apps: What's the Tip | GamersAid - BETA
    My Site : Firm Foundation Technology - Mobile Apps for Practical Problems
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post

1 - GPS
    2- 1.4.5.
    3 - NFL Mobile

Same list as Headgamer except I would go:
    1. 1.4.5
    2. NFL Mobile
    3. GPS

Sgnos
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Personally I think you need to stick to the GPS issue and not abuse the opportunity.

We know that 1.4.5 is almost here, and if this meeting goes well you will have more opportunities to ask about other stuff. Most of those issues will probably be determined in the 2.0 release, so I hope you don't waste time talking about stuff that going to play out in the next few months.

Just get them to fix the GPS so I can recommend this to friends that need location-based apps to work. This isn't about a $10 GPS program, it's about having a phone that integrates with social media and a web lifestyle but can't figure out where you are accurately to do a foursquare check in.

My 2 cents
    As much as I'd like to find out about the status of Skype, I totally agree with Workerb33...
    agree with all of the above.
    how bout verizon account access manager?
    Tell them about our potential class-action lawsuit regarding GPS if they don't. No, I'm not kidding.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    While i certainly agree with what seems to be the top 2 items - GPS and 1.4.5, my big concern is continued OS updates with the Pre plus taken off of their catalogue. Will this just become a paper weight, or will updates continue for their dedicated launch day (well, launch week, but i digress) customers.

Thanks!
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > Palm Zire 71 > Palm Treo 700P > Palm Pre Plus (and loving the heck out of it!!!)
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast