Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    No, they're calling this a "technical issue" when really it's them still being greedy idiots.
    I truly don't think it's about being greedy. The real problem is that they don't understand the need for gps in any context other than navigation in a car. Even if you pay the $10 per month, you still have to jump through hoops top get the gps to work with anything else.

This makes location-based services completely useless. By the time it figures out where I am for a Yelp search, a Latitude update, or whatever... it's too late and I've borrowed someone's iPhone. That's the crux of the issue - getting the GPS to work well with other applications that are central to social media.

if it was just about driving directions, this discussion would be reduced to opinions on how much they should charge for VZ Navigator.

This is a clear misunderstanding about how people use smartphones, social networks, and location-based services. Obviously Palm either didn't get it, or had no influence over Verizon in this matter. Obviously Motorola and Google understood. It wasn't that they created a google maps app that offered navigation, it's that they GPS works flawlessly with everything else.

People spend waaaaay more time on facebook than they do driving. Unless they can fix this, it's more like a blackberry than an android/iphone.

So I'm saying this isn't Verizon's effort to charge $10, it's their incompetence about what apps need from the gps radio in the phone.

Verizon really jumped the shark on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Verizon really jumped the shark on this.
    I think you mean "screwed the pooch"
    so since the pre plus is advertised as a standalone gps phone, says it on their website, is this grounds for contract termination or a different phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    so since the pre plus is advertised as a standalone gps phone, says it on their website, is this grounds for contract termination or a different phone?
    ...pre+ will do standalone...after you turn it on....its like they just cut and pasted the specs from palm and didn't other to enable it....???
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So nothing more on this call/conversation yet, huh?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...customers.html

that post links to a article that basically says that we are never goin to get the 1.4.5 for the Palm Pre Plus..

I hope that at least you can say something on this?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    How can they get away with this when it is already released for the Pixi Plus? How freaking different can it be for the Pre Plus?! This is so infuriating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...customers.html

that post links to a article that basically says that we are never goin to get the 1.4.5 for the Palm Pre Plus..

I hope that at least you can say something on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    How can they get away with this when it is already released for the Pixi Plus? How freaking different can it be for the Pre Plus?! This is so infuriating!

Considering Verizon is already officially phasing the Pre Plus out next month, why should anyone be surprised?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just another reason why carriers should have NOTHING TO DO with device firmware.

Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    Considering Verizon is already officially phasing the Pre Plus out next month, why should anyone be surprised?
    for one 1.4.5 came out for one webOS device already and the pre plus and pixi plus will still be sold as pre paid phones. But at this point I guess anything can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Just another reason why carriers should have NOTHING TO DO with device firmware.

Nothing.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    for one 1.4.5 came out for one webOS device already and the pre plus and pixi plus will still be sold as pre paid phones. But at this point I guess anything can happen.
    So what? If VZW is phasing it out, they're phasing it out (for one, the Pixi wasn't on that list).
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    Agreed.

So what? If VZW is phasing it out, they're phasing it out (for one, the Pixi wasn't on that list).
    the pixi is also being phased out but not till early next year. It just seems odd that they would release the update for one phone and not the other. But like I said I guess anything can happen.
    I really hope results come from this. Also hope we hear something soon.
    So... this seemed to turn out to be worthless. Should have used your law skills and actually threatened them. They don't respond to anything but coercion. You wasted your time... and you never told us anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    The call itself was cordial, and substantive. Beyond that, again, I'd prefer not to say more for now. {Jonathan}
    well, quite a bit of time has elapsed. What have you got to tell us?
    Not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    well, quite a bit of time has elapsed. What have you got to tell us?
    Yes. What's the story?
    again, SILENCE from vzw, palm, and izor, and everyone else who may know something about the real news btwn vzw and palm.

ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    So... this seemed to turn out to be worthless. Should have used your law skills and actually threatened them. They don't respond to anything but coercion. You wasted your time... and you never told us anything.
    Well, I don't know if my response would be this blunt and harsh ;-), but I have to agree. I wonder what the point was of saying,

"Hey guys, I have a conference call with the higher up muckity mucks of Verizon soon. What issues do you want me to hit them with. I will get back to you on the results of that call."

....and then silence...

...and then...

"The call itself was cordial, and substantive. Beyond that, again, I'd prefer not to say more for now."

...and then more silence.

I don't really understand the need to ask us what we want to know about, then basically say it was a productive contact but 'I can't tell you anything'. What purpose did that serve other than to exacerbate the ire around here about this whole issue. It's like being in a contract negotiation and asking your client what they want, meeting with ownership about the client and contract, and never telling the client the result of that meeting. How does that move the negotiations forward?

Sorry, Jonathan, I just don't feel like it was very productive to us HERE if it turns out to be nothing more than, "I talked to Verizon about what's going on and I have an idea but I am not telling any of you right now."

Just MHO.
    That about sums it up.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast