Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    With Palm set to phase out the Pre Plus in October, I'm not holding my breath, nor am I holding my breath for an update on GPS issues.
    palm isn't phasing it out. Verizon might, but they are one of 3 us carriers with it.
    Sorry...that was a typo on my part. I meant to say "Verizon" instead of "Palm". My point still stands, though: I wouldn't expect much out of Verizon re: 1.4.5 or GPS issues because they're phasing the phone out.
    Curious, how did this call to verizon go?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    jonathan,
    Hasn't it already been a reasonable amount of time since the release of 1.4.5, and the gps issues. If you do not feel a reasonable amount of time has passed what do you consider reasonable?
    I meant a reasonable time since our call last week. Given that I seem to have been more successful than anyone else I know about in getting VZW's attention at more senior levels about this issue, and that it seems the conversation is still moving forward, I'd prefer not to blow this opportunity by refusing to act reasonably. As long as I receive the same respect in return. For now, that's true.

I hate seeming mysterious, but as someone who is both a law professor and business lawyer in my day jobs, I have long found collaboration when possible to be much more productive than confrontation. {Jonathan}
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEB View Post
    Curious, how did this call to verizon go?
    The call itself was cordial, and substantive. Beyond that, again, I'd prefer not to say more for now. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I meant a reasonable time since our call last week. Given that I seem to have been more successful than anyone else I know about in getting VZW's attention at more senior levels about this issue, and that it seems the conversation is still moving forward, I'd prefer not to blow this opportunity by refusing to act reasonably. As long as I receive the same respect in return. For now, that's true.

I hate seeming mysterious, but as someone who is both a law professor and business lawyer in my day jobs, I have long found collaboration when possible to be much more productive than confrontation. {Jonathan}
    I sure hope so. If you singlehandedly fix this, you'll be a hero here.

How did they choose you for these discussions, btw? How did you get involved?
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Jonathan, continue to do what is best. (Not that you needed me to tell you that.)

Angry people, don't be mad at Jonathan. He's gotten further than anyone else. His persistence on this issue proves that he wants a fix as much as or more than anyone else here. He is following the plan he believes will yield the best results for everyone. Have a bit more patience, and we may yet see some action from VZW on our GPS issues.

And no, I don't know any more than the rest of you. I just trust that he is doing what's best.
    The call itself was cordial, and substantive. Beyond that, again, I'd prefer not to say more for now. {Jonathan}
    were you talking to product mgmt, marketing, PRPRPR?

I'm not anticipating they wil fix anything. I'd just like them to explain themselves.
    So, you won't be helping the guy that's threatening to sue (IGNTNUNLMTD)?
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I can be patient but I am really curious as I posted yesterday in this thread my response from a VZ rep was there is no problem with the GPS!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.

Thank you for this information and I will patiently wait.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I agree with Major, Jonathan, thanks for going to bat for everyone. I know you experience the same issues we do so I know you have a reason to wait. We'll wait with you. Thanks for responding despite all the negative posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    So, you won't be helping the guy that's threatening to sue (IGNTNUNLMTD)?
    This is the second VZW phone I've had with a crippled GPS and it's getting old. I want to make them suffer.
    Any new info on this its been a few days. Hopefully this is the reason the pre plus 1.4.5 update has been delayed?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    This is the second VZW phone I've had with a crippled GPS and it's getting old. I want to make them suffer.
    vzw either released the pre+ without fully testing it with their API security suite, they've admitted 3rd party gps apps aren't playing nice with their api....or with alot of glitchy gps chips because even vznav won't "wake" the gps from time to time....i'm not convinced vzw "crippled" the gps for those reasons. ...Generally, a luna restart unlocks the gps from either issue, generally.
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 09/02/2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    vzw either released the pre+ without fully testing it with their API security suite, they've admitted 3rd party gps apps aren't playing nice with their api....or with alot of glitchy gps chips because even vznav won't "wake" the gps from time to time....i'm not convinced vzw "crippled" the gps for those reasons. ...Generally, a luna restart unlocks the gps from either issue, generally.
    I refuse to believe that. On my old HTC Touch Pro, until a certain update after lots of bad press (because that was VZW's flagship then, no Droid yet), if you were using VZNavigator, you got instant lock, but if you tried using ANY other GPS-reliant app, the error returned would be that the phone didn't even have a GPS. Trying telling me that they don't pull ***** like this deliberately.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I refuse to believe that. On my old HTC Touch Pro, until a certain update after lots of bad press (because that was VZW's flagship then, no Droid yet), if you were using VZNavigator, you got instant lock, but if you tried using ANY other GPS-reliant app, the error returned would be that the phone didn't even have a GPS. Trying telling me that they don't pull ***** like this deliberately.
    ....vzw is not very open with there API Then...they've admitted it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ....vzw is not very open with there API Then...they've admitted it...
    No, they're calling this a "technical issue" when really it's them still being greedy idiots.
    I tweeted them AGAIN...

Can't wait for my generic response
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast