Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    As far as I'm concerned, VCast and NFL will just be more things to patch away from the launcher, just like VZNav.
    I really want to know about this conversation. I doubt that VZ will ever really unbreak the GPS that they broke in our VZ palm Pre Plus. This really is a huge issue since so many apps are "Location Aware". I do pay the $10/month but that still doesnt fix the problem. <comment deleted by mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/26/2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: inappropriate
    Any updates/information on the conversation?
    seeing as verizon broke their contract with pre plus owners by advertising a gps enables phone with a gimped gps shouldn't we be allowed to break our contract or upgrade to another phone for free.
    What did VZ say
    Why all the secrecy? Well, it sounds like Verizon has their hands full with Android phones. Palm has burned Verizon in the past with buggy updates to Treo 700p OS updates and of course, that led to delayed release to Verizon Treo 755p...though the Centro was a great seller due to low price. Sounds like Verizon doesn't want to deal with Palm's buggy OS software...
    Im not even on verizon but have friends that are and the gps issue is absolutely ridiculous. At some point I feel like the community here should just spam verizon daily with emails and phone calls to give them more incentive to actively address the issue. They clearly wont be trying to sell more pres right now but it should be a matter of "doing the right thing".
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    Im not even on verizon but have friends that are and the gps issue is absolutely ridiculous. At some point I feel like the community here should just spam verizon daily with emails and phone calls to give them more incentive to actively address the issue. They clearly wont be trying to sell more pres right now but it should be a matter of "doing the right thing".
    agreed... I really hope all this gets staightened out, I just wanna be able to use the GPS and get 1.4.5 and hopefully 2.0. Hope the next webOS device gets some love too.
    here is a place with a link to complain to the fcc. Greta idea!

http://m.forums.precentral.net/cdma-...ps-issues.html
    gps
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Well if the first words out of his mouth are "helo" then yes I do see that phone call going that way...

Hope we get some real results from this.
    Sorry I typed that on my Pre+ and ever since Verizon released the amazing keyboard fixing update (scarcasm) I can hardly ever get double letters I need to with out taking a pause.

I think we just need to face the facts and just accept that Verizon doesn't care about Pre+ users at all. We are such a small minority compared to Droid users so they don't care if we aren't happy.
    Whats the deal with this? It has been several days and no response, do you work for Verizon now!
  13.    #53  
    As I've said, I'm waiting on some info from VZW which (corporations being what they are) could take a few weeks. I'll post when I've got something more to share. Sorry. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    As I've said, I'm waiting on some info from VZW which (corporations being what they are) could take a few weeks. I'll post when I've got something more to share. Sorry. {Jonathan}
    What you've just told us without actually telling us is that the GPS issue is not resolved in 1.4.5.

All I can say is...

Here. Comes. A. Lawsuit.
    I received a response this morning from VZ on my questions late Friday night about the update and GPS. The rep I heard back from doesn't know when we'll get the update (I've read other posts that mention the 30th) and she says the GPS is working properly, there are no problems?????? Here's a copy and paste (rep name removed).

Good morning, my name is (removed). I apologize for any inconvenience caused by not receiving the Palm software update. You are an important part of Verizon Wireless and we appreciate your continued business. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the Palm Pre as it is a great phone. I am showing the last update is 4.1.1 which was released on April 26, 2010. Although I do not have an exact release date, please be assured that if Palm provided the other wireless users an update, they will not leave out Verizon Wireless Palm users. Additionally

In regards to the GPS feature, it should be working for you. I am not showing any known issues related to Google Maps at this time. If you are using Google Maps, make sure the your location is set to be on. Here are the steps: Tap and slide finger up on center gesture area > Tap Location Services > Select Auto Locate On. If Google Maps is still not functioning properly, we will need to troubleshoot more to determine the cause of the issue and the resolution. Please call us at 800-922-0204 from an alternate phone. Please have your wireless phone charged and available when you call. I am including below additional information about your concerns with your GPS locator chip in your phone.

At Verizon Wireless we value the security and privacy of our subscriber data and user information and we have taken this into account in the development of our location-based services, which include GPS (Global Positioning Services) functionality. To alleviate concerns regarding access to data by malicious applications and misuse of location information, Verizon Wireless' location-based services utilize a solution that requires each location request to be authenticated and accepted prior to a user's location being obtained through the network and used by authorized applications. This solution requires the use of a custom security API (Application Programming Interface) by authorized applications in order to minimize the potential for "man in the middle" attacks and misuse of information by "bad actors. While we would like you to use our VZ Navigator, you are more than welcome to download a location based service application.

Verizon Wireless is aggressively working to expand its suite of location-based services in a way that does not compromise our dedication to privacy and security while still offering value and flexibility to the customer.

Oh, and I didn't mention Google maps specifically, I just mentioned apps that use location services.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I think you will be waiting as long as we've been waiting for them to fix the problem. Please tell us wha they said.
  17.    #57  
    VZW asked me to hold off a reasonable time to await some info from it. I agreed to do so. I won't wait indefinitely, but will extend the courtesy requested in the interest of supporting the collaboration I have been working on with VZW. {Jonathan}
    jonathan,
    Hasn't it already been a reasonable amount of time since the release of 1.4.5, and the gps issues. If you do not feel a reasonable amount of time has passed what do you consider reasonable?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    1.4.5 isn't available for VZW customers, last I checked...
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    1.4.5 isn't available for VZW customers, last I checked...
    true, but it was released by Palm to BZW a couple of months ago.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast