Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    please only speak about the GPS so they will invite you back...
    Here is my prediction of the call:
    "Helo this is Verizon how may we help you?"
    I would like to know when the GPS is going to be uncrippled for the Palm Pre+"
    "We are working on it..."
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Here is my prediction of the call:
    "Helo this is Verizon how may we help you?"
    I would like to know when the GPS is going to be uncrippled for the Palm Pre+"
    "We are working on it..."
    Well if the first words out of his mouth are "helo" then yes I do see that phone call going that way...

Hope we get some real results from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    My issues are in this order:

1 - GPS
    2- 1.4.5.
    3 - NFL Mobile

Anything else is just icing on the cake.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Just get them to fix the GPS so I can recommend this to friends that need location-based apps to work. This isn't about a $10 GPS program, it's about having a phone that integrates with social media and a web lifestyle but can't figure out where you are accurately to do a foursquare check in.
    this is it ...right on the head.... Focus on GPS...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    btw, can the OP tell us more about who he is speaking with, or what their role is? Gps engineer? Product manager? PRPRPR $dept$?

just curious.
    how did it go? Transcript of the Call ?
  8.    #28  
    Thanks for all the feedback; it definitely informed my conversation. As for what we discussed, and any results, I would prefer to hold off on posting anything for now. Please be patient (or at least as patient as I am; you can judge that for yourself!) and stay tuned. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Well, I sure hope good things come of all your persistence and time. Thank you.
    looking forward to hearing any news
    this sounds promising from Jonathan
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback; it definitely informed my conversation. As for what we discussed, and any results, I would prefer to hold off on posting anything for now. Please be patient (or at least as patient as I am; you can judge that for yourself!) and stay tuned. {Jonathan}
    et tu Ezor?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    et tu Ezor?
    Without going into detail, I'm working on something arising out of the conversation that may take a bit of time to "bake." I fully intend to provide all relevant information that I can, when I can. Not to worry. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Thanks Jonathan for your work. You saved my Palm Pre Plus from an untimely death!

I drive 120 miles a day and I need to have the VZ Navigator with it's traffic info in order to get around.

Frank
    If they won't fix the GPS issue, at least drop the ridiculous $10.00 per month price on their VZ-Navigator. $2.00 - $2.50 per month and I might be willing to subscribe... if it actually works reliably.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    ... if it actually works reliably.
    it doesn't for me....i deleted vz nav
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    it doesn't for me....i deleted vz nav
    That is good to know, and rather disappointing.

Did it consistently fail or just when you needed it most?
    I don't know how you got through to
    verizon I have been sending emails and
    have not received any replies. Sent another tues and remined them of the fact that they say you should get a reply in 24 hrs. Tick tock, tick tock...
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Without going into detail, I'm working on something arising out of the conversation that may take a bit of time to "bake." I fully intend to provide all relevant information that I can, when I can. Not to worry. {Jonathan}
    Can you at least give us some info on what (if you asked) they said about the NFL app?!
    I'm just hoping for continued webOS updates, GPS fix, and Vcast apps.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast