1.    #1  
    So I work a cellphone/smartphone helpdesk at a Fortune 500 company. We primarily use BlackBerry's (which company doesn't) and iPhone's cause the Executives love their iPhone's.

I've used every model of BlackBerry since the 7250, each version of the iPhone, a couple Nokia's, Treo 650, 750 and Centro, and the Droid; and I can say without a doubt that WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there.

I'm a fan of BlackBerry's and hope that every new model is actually going to be good (it isn't). I'm such a fan of BB's that I got a Torch and stopped using my Pre for 5 days. Every single day I kept telling myself that it's better than what I'm experiencing. After 5 days, I switching back to the Pre.

The Pre may have a lot of homebrew patches that make it better; but right out of the box it's the best. Sure the iPhone has a crap load of apps, but it's the same exact device as the first version. Android is cool, but it just isn't as fun (replicates the desktop experience too much). WebOS is just so much fun. I'm so glad that HP is putting their significant might behind it.

Just a few things I would like to see in 2.0.
    Email improvements: mark Prior as Read/Unread (one of the BB things I like), delete multiple emails at once, add an OOO
    Keyboard shortcuts: like a button for calendar, email, etc.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Who really thinks that WebOS is really going to suddenly become popular just because Hp owns it?
    I do...
    great OP. And Ii think hp is going to make webOS a huge success.

I hope the OP will post back additional experiences.

i'm curious, does his company also support/allow employees to use the Pre?

and rank it's support exchange compared to the others...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/24/2010 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergeronjc View Post
    So I work a cellphone/smartphone helpdesk at a Fortune 500 company. We primarily use BlackBerry's (which company doesn't) and iPhone's cause the Executives love their iPhone's.

I've used every model of BlackBerry since the 7250, each version of the iPhone, a couple Nokia's, Treo 650, 750 and Centro, and the Droid; and I can say without a doubt that WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there.

I'm a fan of BlackBerry's and hope that every new model is actually going to be good (it isn't). I'm such a fan of BB's that I got a Torch and stopped using my Pre for 5 days. Every single day I kept telling myself that it's better than what I'm experiencing. After 5 days, I switching back to the Pre.

The Pre may have a lot of homebrew patches that make it better; but right out of the box it's the best. Sure the iPhone has a crap load of apps, but it's the same exact device as the first version. Android is cool, but it just isn't as fun (replicates the desktop experience too much). WebOS is just so much fun. I'm so glad that HP is putting their significant might behind it.

Email improvements: mark Prior as Read/Unread (one of the BB things I like), delete multiple emails at once, add an OOO

I want to second your email suggestions.

The keyboard shortcuts might be a bit redundant to the launch bar. I not really sure it would be helpful enough to take up precious real estate on a smartphone keyboard.

For the highlighted above. there's a patch for that! lol. Thanks for you comments. Very insightful. I do think HPalm needs to improve the email and overall PIM of webos as well as hardware.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Who really thinks that WebOS is really going to suddenly become popular just because Hp owns it?
    I DO!
    If HP puts enough money and hype behind Palm – the public will buy it! They bought iPhone didn’t they?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~

I agree with the OP that we have a way to go with the WebOS Email. Go Palm & HP!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I saw a guy at post office with iphone 4, and they always have that snobbish look using their phone. While I am thinking how can they be paying all that money to use such a sorry operating system.

I have uber kernel running 1GHz and the only thing I wish for is a more clicky keyboard and landscape software keyboard. The vk does not work reliably in browser, at least for me. And flash for ustream.