Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any chance of getting netflix on the pre? not the queue.
    Yes. I would imagine so, especially if the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad will/do have the ability to do so. If the platform survives, it will most definitely make it to the Palm Pre.
    IF the platform survives and IF it magically becomes way more viable than it is right now....then maybe it's possible that it COULD happen.

But since Microsoft can't even officially guarantee Netflix as a launch app for Windows Phone 7 and Android doesn't have it yet despite being a way more popular platform than WebOS, I would say it is extremely unlikely for the forseeable future.
  4.    #4  
    The reason I ask is because I saw the ipad has it available. To me that makes the ipad a purchasable item. I was on the fence prior.
    I would love to see it, but Netflix is built on Microsoft Silverlight and I imagine that will only be possible on Windows. But I hope the homebrew community can make it happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    IF the platform survives and IF it magically becomes way more viable than it is right now....then maybe it's possible that it COULD happen.

But since Microsoft can't even officially guarantee Netflix as a launch app for Windows Phone 7 and Android doesn't have it yet despite being a way more popular platform than WebOS, I would say it is extremely unlikely for the forseeable future.
    So you're going to go with the above statement Mikah? Noted.

Mikah, my friend I respect your opinion but you know what happened the last time you made a bold prediction in Dec of 2009 on this board.

We'll see what happens but you've left yourself enough room maneuver in case it does happen.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/07/2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would love to see it, but Netflix is built on Microsoft Silverlight and I imagine that will only be possible on Windows. But I hope the homebrew community can make it happen!
    The iPad isn't running silverlight. Whatever solution they came up with I'm sure one can be made for Palm, just that is it really worth it for Netflix to invest in a platform that ranks dead last in sales? I'd say yes, but Netflix might say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    So you're going to go with the above statement Mikah? Noted.

Mikah, my friend I respect your opinion but you know what happened the last time you made a bold prediction in Dec of 2009 on this board.

We'll see what happens but you've left yourself enough room maneuver in case it does happen.
    Uh, I was right. The platform announced at CES was not WebOS. If you wanna rehash that semantic stupidity again, have at it.
    I know it's nothing sound, but looks like Netflix is out and about gathering developers for the android so they can start going to other phones. They make mention also of it coming to Palm. I am not a developer so I can't say, I'm in for going after them to work on the Pre, but would be awesome if we saw potential sometime soon...

Netflix Shifts Into High Gear (NFLX)
    does anyone know of a way to watch netflix movies on the pre? thanks
    How in the world can you possibly enjoy watching a movie on a phone screen (especially a Palm Pre)?

I am amazed that people would want to do that.

ha
    I did once just to figure it out. Now I use my netbook.
    To stream NF movies, you have to have 1G of RAM and the Pre is not quite equipped.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    wuh? You need more than just RAM to play protected content...
    In a turn of events I'm actually going to be helpful, in an attempt to lead by example, and let you know that this is not possible at this time. Nor is it likely any time soon for a variety of reasons.

<<Thread Moved and Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I would love to see this as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    To stream NF movies, you have to have 1G of RAM and the Pre is not quite equipped.
    There's an iPad app that in the past people have successfully moved to jailbroken iPhones. There's also been talk of an iPhone app coming soon. Silverlight-based Windows 7 Phone will also be getting a Netflix app. RAM isn't the limiting factor (think about all the televisions and blu-ray players with built-in Netflix support)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have no doubt this is possible, but probably only if netflix decides to make an app. If could stream and control my tv using slingplayer with my old windows mobile phones which had much worse processing hardware than the pre, then it's certainly technically feasible. By the way, slingplayer would be nice as well, but oh well, I'm getting a samsung galaxy s through work so I guess I'll be covered
    Been using Netflix on the iPad since the iPad was released and god is it great. Netflix has already said iPhone and Android apps are hitting soon and I would definitely use it on a phone to watch a quick show or something while I'm out.

I wouldn't want to watch an entire movie on a 4" screen, but I've had the pleasure of using Hulu on the iPhone and watching Modern Family (30 minutes) on it is definitely a pleasure to pass the time wherever you may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Been using Netflix on the iPad since the iPad was released and god is it great. Netflix has already said iPhone and Android apps are hitting soon and I would definitely use it on a phone to watch a quick show or something while I'm out.

I wouldn't want to watch an entire movie on a 4" screen, but I've had the pleasure of using Hulu on the iPhone and watching Modern Family (30 minutes) on it is definitely a pleasure to pass the time wherever you may be.

or at work.... c'mon! work at work?? boring!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast