1.    #1  
    I was in a meeting at my job today regarding our mobile sites and properties (because i don't know if these numbers are confidential, i'm leaving out my exact job, but we are a very popular cable network).

anyway, we were going over our mobile properties and I saw a list of the top 15 phone devices that access our website.

The Pixi was actually ahead of the Pre...by a few spots. I don't have the list on me now (but i'm getting it in a bit) but I was VERY surprised by this.

The Pre ended up being one in front of the iPad.

Just wanted to share that as I find it very interesting. I'll try to get the full list in a bit.
  2.    #2  
    and just like that....i was a bit off, its actually for mobile video not the web:
    I'm surprised at the results. More so by the iPad. I would assume anything without a webkit browser would rarely be used because it would be such a poor browser. It may also say more about who uses cable than the popularity of the device. Perhaps iPad users are skewed heavily to satellite or OTA?
    Maybe the Pre is ranked so low because many users have the iphone sppf patch installed?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    hey, I just noticed that the title is for "mobile video"... what sort of video are you serving? HTML5?

Format could also make a huge difference... what is being served from your site?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  6.    #6  
    Actually Fart it...no numbers on it.

This is for ESPN mobile website. They have video clips like "dunk of the day" or something of that nature. So this is served through HTML5 on some browsers, but for blackberry's i think it opens in their video app (which not sure what format they play in).
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/23/2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Edited for language...PG13 forum
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That looks all too familiar to me!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Weird. only seen one person with a Pixi, several with a Pre...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by yobgup View Post
    Weird. only seen one person with a Pixi, several with a Pre...
    First thing i thought when I saw it...I wonder if the Pixi did better than we though.