Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello there!

Yesterday I got the error message "You are no longer logged into your profile" - this was the second time since I own a Pre.
    For luck - this time I could make a full backup via Rsync before my data was erased.
    I'm really frustrated with webOS' synchronisation (compared to PalmOS HotSync, this one was amazing!).

So, my question is:
    I think there must be a way to prevent Palm from unasked erasing all my data. I didn't find a patch already, but does anyone know in which file/app this process is stored? I wish to kill this code...

Thank you!
    (Sorry for my bad English...)
    I got the same exact thing yesterday. See my thread: Weird happening with my Palm Pre webOS
    It's a palm thing... dunno if it can be patched because it is being handled server side.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was able to edit the first use app to sign back in to my profile again without deleting all data. It will delete your apps and settings though, and you'll have to redownload your apps (Save/restore will help with your settings). Here are the directions for editing the first use app: Stuck In "Signed Out" Loop After webOS Upgrade - Palm Support Community
    i like webos but im not buying webos phone again if getting logged out of the palm profile wipes all your data. this makes it an unreliable phone to keep your data on.

sure you can argue that you should do a backup but not it shouldnt be this way. any data on your phone should stay regardless other than the phone getting permanantly bricked.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I agree, if that ever happened to me when I was on the road traveling, I'd be pretty ****ed off and it might cause me to get rid of the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by yobgup View Post
    It's a palm thing... dunno if it can be patched because it is being handled server side.
    Sure, the command to delete all my data is coming from the ?? Palm servers.
    But deleting can only be done by WebOS itself. So it must be possible to prevent that.
    I'll search in the code until I find the place where palm wants to delete our data...

Quote Originally Posted by chowd View Post
    I was able to edit the first use app to sign back in to my profile again without deleting all data. It will delete your apps and settings though, and you'll have to redownload your apps (Save/restore will help with your settings). Here are the directions for editing the first use app: Stuck In "Signed Out" Loop After webOS Upgrade - Palm Support Community
    You don't need to do that. If you press "Restart only" it also deletes only apps and settings, and after login again it synchronizes with my Palm profile. Data on the usb partition (/media/internal) isn't deleted.
    But what is restored? The logo on booting?
    I'm happy that there is Save/Restore!

In future I'll backup quite often with Rsync.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/03/2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Possible language violation
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    this happened to me while traveling outside the country. Even though I had wifi access, palm requires you to log into your profile through your cell carrier. Since Sprint has no service in Europe, I was without my phone for 4 days (and the travel related info on it). This is a major flaw.
  9.    #9  
    You could take a look on Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
  10.    #10  
    After hours I've found where the invalidToken-error is handled! :-)
    It is in the java service in /usr/lib/luna/java/accountservices.jar
    I've decompiled it, the code to destroy your phone is in class com.palm.accountservices.NovaAccountService, method #deactiveToken.

I'll take a look on it and maybe make a patch for this.
  11.    #11  
    I worked about ten hours to get a working and (hopefully) correctly decompiled java file of class com.palm.accountservices.NovaAccountService. I compared decompiling results of about 3 decompilers. In one place of the code I'm really unsure if this is right now. But I compiled this file again, put it in accountservices.jar and App Catalog is still working for me.
    Within the next few days I'll make a patch for the "You are no longer logged into your profile"-message (what about the shortcut "YANLLIYP"? ).

For those who are interested in the decompiled code (made with JD-GUI, JAD, JadRetro, JDEC, javap.exe):
    View on pastebin.com or download from attachment
    The strange place is in lines 2559-2590:
    This is the code that many decompilers gave me:
    Code:
    switch (type) {
    	case 1:
    		if (sendDownloadToServer(request))
    			break;
    		failedRequests.push(request);
    		break;
    	case 2:
    		if (sendUninstallToServer(request))
    			break;
    		break;
    	case 3:
    		if (sendInstallToServer(request))
    			break;
    }
    This would fit with (at least what most decompilers are saying):
    Code:
    case DOWNLOAD:
    	if (sendDownloadToServer(request))
    		break;
    	break;
    case INSTALL:
    	if (sendUninstallToServer(request))
    		break;
    	break;
    case DELETE:
    	if (sendInstallToServer(request))
    		break;
    }
    But I don't think that would make sense, because in case INSTALL it should call the method #sendInstallToServer and NOT #sendUninstallToServer!

Maybe there's any Java expert around?

----
    Use at your own risk!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/03/2010 at 12:34 PM.
    This happened to me today while updating Hawx. Stupid, stupid software bug. Now I'm at work with no preware or homebrew apps and I have a good couple of hours once I get home to try and get the phone back to where it was. This makes me a sad panda.

Any progress on getting this fixed?
  13.    #13  
    Has the phone restarted already? If no, you're lucky.
    If the phone has already restarted, all data is erased now. And if you didn't make any backups with 3rd party tools, you can only restore the few things which are stored in your Palm Profile. /media/internal isn't erased if you don't select that.

I hope I will release a patch within the next weeks so you don't have to be afraid to get this message again.
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/03/2010 at 12:48 PM.
    You don't need to do anything. These are glitches that goes away eventually. Just ignore it. Also, what you'll need to do is fill out this Palm feedback > so Palm could know about this problem.

Posted Link: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.
    Thanks PC world, maybe ask Rod or Jason to give you a helping hand as well
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I agree, at first I was re-logging in, then I just ignored it and it went away.
  17.    #17  
    Yes, but all your application settings etc. are gone away!
    Any progress?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You don't need to do anything. These are glitches that goes away eventually. Just ignore it. Also, what you'll need to do is fill out this Palm feedback > so Palm could know about this problem.

Posted Link: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.
    Palm is aware of the problem. Sometime ago I was working with Hardbeatz on an issue where my phone was inexplicably totally wiped. We discussed the profile logout thing, but only as a side conversation. But the point being, Palm does know about it.
  20.    #20  
    Yes, Palm knows about this problem (see Possible Palm Profile issues causing (temporary) device wipes? [Updated]). But I don't know if they plan to fix this or if this is already fixed. Does anyone had this issue in the last few weeks?

Maybe I'll upload a patched file of accountservices.jar in the next time. But I can't promise that this one will prevent you from this or other problems.
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/02/2010 at 03:42 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast