1.    #1  
    webOS on my Pre just alerted me that it logged me out of my profile and that I needed to restart the device. After restarting, it asked if I wanted to Erase My Data which I said no to. After yet another restart, I had to login to my Profile which I did. It restored my contacts but everything else is gone. Had to re-setup the e-mail. My SMS texts are gone. The Preware icon is gone along with some apps installed through Preware, but some apps are still there along with Preware webOS patches, e.g., the battery temperature read out the top right drop down menu, 5x4 icon layout with no text, etc.

I recently upgrade my webOS version to the 1.4.5 about a week ago. And promptly applied the Patch updates to all the apps afterwards. The only app that failed to update was the New Card Patch IIRC. I couldn't update or remove it without getting an Ipkg error.
    Quote Originally Posted by her209 View Post
    webOS on my Pre just alerted me that it logged me out of my profile and that I needed to restart the device. After restarting, it asked if I wanted to Erase My Data which I said no to. After yet another restart, I had to login to my Profile which I did. It restored my contacts but everything else is gone. Had to re-setup the e-mail. My SMS texts are gone.
    This has happened to me before when Palm had problems with their app catalog. It's a pretty bad problem. It essentially resets your device to stock, aside from your usb drive.

You'll need to re-download all apps and resync with all your contacts. You'll also need to put Preware back on there and repatch.

Really nothing you can do to prevent this, but it's only happened to me once and I've been a Palm Pre user since launch day last June.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    Unfortunately, this has been a frequent issue. You might wanna call, or email Hpalm regarding this problem. They might can fix this problem once and for all.

Luckily, the process of getting back preware, apps, and patches aren't that complicated.
    +1 on the responses above. Happened to me before the latest update.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html