Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have been a Sprint user for 10 years and premier customer for at least half that time.

In addition, I have used Palm exclusively since the older Treos.

I love my launch day Pre but, as of late, I was getting pretty tired of waiting for a new device. I stayed faithful when the Evo came out but I began to secretly lust for the Epic. I went to BB today to ask a few questions and the emo guy behind the counter starting gushing about Android. I started to get excited, too.

Then I pulled out a piece of paper with my must-haves list.

Almost every question I asked the Emo dude came back with, "you need to load for Roms", "you have to look out for viruses", "fragmentation" , "froyo..fruitcake <whatever>..gingerbread."

After I got home, I looked on the web for a few hours. My research results: I was shocked at how much time and money I had to put into an android device to get it to do what my Pre does, if that.

I use my phone for work first and play, second.

I paused, looked at my little Pre...then I opened up Preware and looked at all my patches and homebrew apps.

Even though the Pre doesn't have a 4" Super AMOLED screen, 1ghz processor and 16 gigs of memory, I have the basics:

I have a time/date stamp on my text messages
    I can forward emails without stripping the attachments
    My phone supports multiple exchange accounts
    I can play wav attachments
    There is no 1mb cap on email attachments
    I can have multiple profiles on my calendar

With this, I thank you Palm and developers for making this Pre a device I can count on and use everyday.

Like they say, a device is only as good as the user's needs.
    Last edited by socoot1; 08/22/2010 at 12:57 AM.
    Yes, but when I went to Palm OS to webOS I was surprised how much was left out. Especially a menu key! And all the little small things, and options available.

Thanks to the devs we are getting all of those things back that we lost from PalmOS and heck things that feature phones even have. Thank you dev team
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Yes, but when I went to Palm OS to webOS I was surprised how much was left out. Especially a menu key! And all the little small things, and options available.
    After moving from PalmOS (Treo 755P) to WebOS (Pre Plus), I loaded and tried “Classic” for a while because I was afraid that I would miss something. I was wrong! WebOS gives me so much more and some of the things that didn’t come along, I discovered that I just didn’t need. Document editing was a joke on a Smartphone, all I ever needed was a viewer. All the keys are replaced with the quick launch bar and the launch screens are fantastic. Voice dialing that I had on the 755P was a gimmick that I used only a couple of times and after several tries I may have gotten thru to my party. Universal search is much more efficient and accurate than Voice Dialing. My Camera and Video have improved in quality and capability with the new phone.

In short, my Pre Plus is the perfect phone for me. The developers have enhanced the OS to a degree that my phone is now intuitive and feels totally natural to me for daily use. I would also like to offer my “Thank You” to Palm and the WebOS developers for pushing the outside of the envelope on WebOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    I have been a Sprint user for 10 years and premier customer for at least half that time.

In addition, I have used Palm exclusively since the older Treos.

I love my launch day Pre but, as of late, I was getting pretty tired of waiting for a new device. I stayed faithful when the Evo came out but I began to secretly lust for the Epic. I went to BB today to ask a few questions and the emo guy behind the counter starting gushing about Android. I started to get excited, too.

Then I pulled out a piece of paper with my must-haves list.

Almost every question I asked the Emo dude came back with, "you need to load for Roms", "you have to look out for viruses", "fragmentation" , "froyo..fruitcake <whatever>..gingerbread."

After I got home, I looked on the web for a few hours. My research results: I was shocked at how much time and money I had to put into an android device to get it to do what my Pre does, if that.

I use my phone for work first and play, second.

I paused, looked at my little Pre...then I opened up Preware and looked at all my patches and homebrew apps.

Even though the Pre doesn't have a 4" Super AMOLED screen, 1ghz processor and 16 gigs of memory, I have the basics:

I have a time/date stamp on my text messages
    I can forward emails without stripping the attachments
    My phone supports multiple exchange accounts
    I can play wav attachments
    There is no 1mb cap on email attachments
    I can have multiple profiles on my calendar

With this, I thank you Palm and developers for making this Pre a device I can count on and use everyday.

Like they say, a device is only as good as the user's needs.
    Exactly, why the pre is so great.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Document editing not important? Maybe not for some, maybe not for all, but there are those of us who do need it for both Word and Excel files. I fall in to that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Document editing not important? Maybe not for some, maybe not for all, but there are those of us who do need it for both Word and Excel files. I fall in to that group.
    My understanding when he said editing was a joke is that it's much more challenging to do so on a 3-inch screen without a precision instrument like a mouse than on a 17-inch monitor that does have a mouse. Not that it wouldn't be of value, just that it's almost more trouble than it's worth. I would agree with that perspective, though I'm glad the option to edit is there for situations where it's convenient.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I forgot to add our Pre community on Precentral here. I love you guys too.
    document editing is a joke on phones. i would think those people that are so important, would have a laptop, so as to be more proficient... and if you are that important you should be able to afford an internet card or use the hotspot app. takes me 2 minutes to fire up the laptop, so the time saving argument is moot. carry a briefcase and its always with you, unless of course you are not only way important but to cool to carry a briefcase!!!
    The screen size was never the issue. The applications I was using were able to handle the job. I just wanted to get something that came closer to multi-tasking. I use my Centros (2), Treo 800W (3), the TP (2), TP2 (2) and Evo (1) the same, gathering the same information, using the same spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    My understanding when he said editing was a joke is that it's much more challenging to do so on a 3-inch screen without a precision instrument like a mouse than on a 17-inch monitor that does have a mouse. Not that it wouldn't be of value, just that it's almost more trouble than it's worth. I would agree with that perspective, though I'm glad the option to edit is there for situations where it's convenient.
    I also carry a netbook (Asus Eee PC). It is not a matter of being personally important, it is a matter getting the work done that has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    document editing is a joke on phones. i would think those people that are so important, would have a laptop, so as to be more proficient... and if you are that important you should be able to afford an internet card or use the hotspot app. takes me 2 minutes to fire up the laptop, so the time saving argument is moot. carry a briefcase and its always with you, unless of course you are not only way important but to cool to carry a briefcase!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I feel the people who makes those claims are people who are just upset that it's not available to them. I'm going to use it all the time this year at school. For reviewing and making last minute touch ups on projects and papers I have. So I find that very useful. And so do many other people like me.
    ok good...