Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    it seems whenever I restart my phone or the battery dies and I turn it back on, the app icons in the launcher are rearranged from how I had them. Any ideas?
    Rearrange like how? On one page or in different spot. Explain a little more.
    I had the same problem. By any chance, do you have Internalz installed? When I had Internalz installed every time I restarted my phone, it reset my apps. So I just removed it, and now they don't reset positions.
    I had that happen to me too. That and many more problems.
    Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    In answer to the first post...both differnt spot and different page. To the second post, I've had Internalz for a while and never had the problem. Could it be the newest version, maybe?
    Weird...all my icons are gone after lockup, battery pulled, and reboot. Yikes...

Update - Uninstalled using webOSQuickInstall - 4x4v5 and a few other Launcher Patches (icon drag, etc) then rebooted - icons now back, and yes someone mentioned Internalz which I also had the latest installed and locked loading an image just before my lockup and problem. Probably just bad timing, but Internalz happen to be something else having problems this am before my lockup, reboot and launcher icons disappearing. Either way, I plan to reinstall at least 4x4v5 launcher icon setup and I'll update later if I have more problems.

Update 2 - interesting...icons back...but default settings in Preware and Misc have reset back to the default welcome screens...i.e., Preware - welcome message for first time users, white background, no beta listings or misc feeds, etc. Plan to use Save/Restore and see what I can get back, but weird. Also of note, I've been testing Mode Switcher and have had problems with it more then anything else...so I'm presently removing all of those changes and going back to manually changing configurations and settings till I can do more investigation.

Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 08/23/2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Uninstalled, 4x4v5, few other Launcher Patches, and rebooted and thankfully icons are now back
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    it seems whenever I restart my phone or the battery dies and I turn it back on, the app icons in the launcher are rearranged from how I had them. Any ideas?
    I has same problem an could only narrow it down to the fact that I was playing around with the SR71 kernel. Since it would randomly reboot my phone sometimes. ONLY fix for it was doctoring and installing a different kernel. Don't think the kernel caused it, just the abnormal shutdowns must have corrupted a file or files. I also had internals installed but never even considered that as a problem.....so who knows. After the first time it rebooted with everything messed up, even a Luna restart would re-arrange all the pages and apps. So I am convinced that files were corrupted somehow.