1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We now have 5312 apps in total. Now that HP has Palm's back, new apps should be rolling in. HP has said it will do what ever it takes to get a lot of apps going. This includes, helping with & paying for the labor to port apps from other platforms to writing apps directly!. Especially since we will be seeing a PalmPad in Q! 2010

App Catalog Gallery 3854
    Homebrew App Gallery 518
    Web Dist. Gallery 657
    Beta Apps Gallery 283
    Total number of apps 5312

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It's been accellerating for a while now, this is good didn't we JUST break through 3000? I remember that we broke the 1000 around New Year's...

Does anybody actually know the rough dates for the milestones? Would be very interesting to have a scale. Like, frst thousand took six months; second thousand three months, third thousand two months, and so on...

Also very interesting because our Catalog gets compared to Android all the time, because Android has ten times the number of apps. How many Apps did they have one year after the G1 came out? I'd reckon about the same number. I remember they had about 10.000 when I bought my Pre last October. Wait for webOS to reach that number by year's end or shortly after.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/21/2010 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's been accellerating for a while now, this is good didn't we JUST break through 3000? I remember that we broke the 1000 around New Year's...

Does anybody actually know the rough dates for the milestones? Would be very interesting to have a scale. Like, frst thousand took six months; second thousand three months, third thousand two months, and so on...

Also very interesting because our Catalog gets compared to Android all the time, because Android has ten times the number of apps. How many Apps did they have one year after the G1 came out? I'd reckon about the same number. I remember they had about 10.000 when I bought my Pre last October. Wait for webOS to reach that number by year's end or shortly after.

I know it took until august 20th to get to 50 apps.. Thats right folks, over two months. We're now almost at the 4000th official app.

Or 1000th excluding books, and calculators.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I know it took until august 20th to get to 50 apps.. Thats right folks, over two months. We're now almost at the 4000th official app.

Or 1000th excluding books, and calculators.
    I like some of the calculators, but I'll never read a book on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Too bad most of the apps are crap, just like on the other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Too bad most of the apps are crap, just like on the other platforms.
    True..but iphone at least have a significant number of good apps, Offical twitter and last fm, kindle app, bbc news apps, iplayer, and many more.