1.    #1  
    heres a interesting review of our beloved flash 10.1. Laptopmag has just review it on the Droid 2 running Froyo 2.2. Their results are pretty horrid when describing their experiances with an so called advanced handset. Funny after reading it I'm not so sure Webos user really need flash. Hear me out for a second. When visiting a site with flash videos on them, right now we have to click on it, and it will display in a new card. If you think about it thats not so bad, considering if you want to watch that video (on webos of course) you can click it and open it on another card, not hendering the webpage your on, locking or slowing it up. If you want the video we have that better option of installing things like multi mode and just downloading it to the phone, or the patch enabling you through youtube. Flash games are nice, but we have games so thats not a big deal. My question is, flash is it too hyped up now that its out and has been put to the test. I ask people to check out the review, and post your thoughts on flash 10.1.

Mobile Flash Fail: Weak Android Player Proves Jobs Right
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a interesting review of our beloved flash 10.1. Laptopmag has just review it on the Droid 2 running Froyo 2.2. Their results are pretty horrid when describing their experiances with an so called advanced handset. Funny after reading it I'm not so sure Webos user really need flash. Hear me out for a second. When visiting a site with flash videos on them, right now we have to click on it, and it will display in a new card. If you think about it thats not so bad, considering if you want to watch that video (on webos of course) you can click it and open it on another card, not hendering the webpage your on, locking or slowing it up. If you want the video we have that better option of installing things like multi mode and just downloading it to the phone, or the patch enabling you through youtube. Flash games are nice, but we have games so thats not a big deal. My question is, flash is it too hyped up now that its out and has been put to the test. I ask people to check out the review, and post your thoughts on flash 10.1.

Mobile Flash Fail: Weak Android Player Proves Jobs Right
    well pressing the block would be great if it made the video work but it doesn't work without flash
    i'm sure it's not too bad in some instances. good thing it's an optional download.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Well, maybe now with HP/Palm, MS will write a sweet silverlight app for webos and we can stream netflix with real hardware acceleration. I feel that flash is just too heavy and require too much of a rewrite for Adobe to care about it on mobile devices.
    To be honest, the only reason I want to have flash is so I can watch live streaming video on certain sites. I couldnt really care less about games etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have played around with Flash on my roommates EVO a few times after he received the 2.2 (froyo) update. I personally found it to work well. I tested it on some very Flash heavy sites and had no issues. Did not test on any game sites (dont really care about the games). I wish I remembered the article (will look for it) that stated that the EVO was rendering sites with lots of flash animation faster than the Iphone 4 was with those same pages not showing any of the flash animation. Curious as to whether this magazine/site has any Apple ****** bias (not saying it does...I don't know).

Edit: When I tested Flash on EVO it was on 3G. (4G not up in my area till September 2010/next month)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/20/2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    Well, maybe now with HP/Palm, MS will write a sweet silverlight app for webos and we can stream netflix with real hardware acceleration. I feel that flash is just too heavy and require too much of a rewrite for Adobe to care about it on mobile devices.
    Mobile Silverlight will be as bad. You simply can't provide desktop experience on a mobile processor. Flash/Silverlight are memory hogs on desktops already too...

I played with Flash 10.1 on my unlocked Nexus One and it wasn't very usable.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Point – Counterpoint, who to believe? This article by the Examiner paints an entirely different picture. Perhaps the problem was 4G not Flash.

Adobe proves that Flash can work on mobile devices - Los Angeles Gadgets | Examiner.com
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Point Counterpoint, who to believe? This article by the Examiner paints an entirely different picture. Perhaps the problem was 4G not Flash.

[url= proves that Flash can work on mobile devices - Los Angeles Gadgets | Examiner.com[/url]
    Thanks for sharing...above I noted that I had tested Flash on my roommates EVO and had no issues whatsoever...I would like to add that I tested it on a 3G network as 4G isn't running in my area till September 2010. I noticed that the writer of the article was testing on a 3G network as well...
    I played with Flash on my friends original Droid running 2.2 and it worked great. Video was smooth.

All I want it for is streaming video at this point.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11.    #11  
    true though I have a Evo and the sites stated on laptop mag that wasent optimized directly for mobile flash were choppy. Im also on 3G in FL. though does anyone really think flash is that important (regarding the patches like multi mode, direct download, youtube patch etc) when it really comes down to playing or streaming a video directly on the paticular site your on, or viewing that video in an additional card?
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Like others have said, I would like Flash for streaming video. There are also some sites that I frequent that render fine, but need Flash in order to auto refresh and update in real time (fantasy sports live scores and sports scores.)
    It works beautifully on my Evo just like my computer on 3g and wifi... haven't tried 4g yet.
    You guys need to realize, even if you have it installed its still an option in the browser to turn it off, or better yet, set it to on demand, so it only loads flash objects you click on. This way you get all the benefits of flash - the pesky ads.
    That would be a good way to include Flash.

Deep down we all know why the demand is so high for Flash though... Pr0n.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    That would be a good way to include Flash.

Deep down we all know why the demand is so high for Flash though... Pr0n.
    If you're referring to what I said, that IS how it works on Android.